SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammers and Phone Numbers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GoRideEmCowboy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone have any idea how long Scammers keep the same phone number? I've been working a bait for a long time now but it's getting harder to get in touch with my lad. Maybe he realizes that the money is never coming...

Anyway, I called him (safely) on a number he gave me a long time ago (about a year) and the person who picked up had no idea what was going on. I'm assuming it's probably not the same guy.

Any insight?

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suspect lads like to pick up many new SIMs as they go, either in an attempt to avoid 'detection' or simply as their finances dictate.

I don't think he would give away a SIM tied to many victims simply to shake you off. If he's still in normal e-mail contact with you, then I think it's safe to say he may have had his phone stolen/lost/ he gave it away as he moved up in the world.

Grill his chops about it in your e-mail... get him to tell you what's going on, not us - they work for you, after all.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
GoRideEmCowboy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tip. I did grill him a little and he replied back with a new phone number. He also closed the email with the incorrect character name. I was unsure of how I should have handled that. I just acted surprised and asked the "Barrister" if he was helping out the other lad.

In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have said anything. It will probably teach him to be more careful in the future. Sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic