SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

WILL THIS WORK?! - RECEIVING CASH THRU WESTERN UNION (WU)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
iPad2
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I am selling an item. Smile

After I dissed paypal, the buyer in Nigeria suggested that he will pay me through WU.

Now, will this work:

a) I give the Nigerian my name and WU branch of choice

b) I receive the MCTN code and go to the said branch and get the physical cash (cold hard cash!!)

c) Now that I have the cash, I ship the item to the Nigerian.

I can't see any danger in proceeding with this.

What do you guys think?

Is there a chance some guy will face-ID me or follow me from the WU branch, then rob me, etc?

Cheerio!

Fixed nasty red font - RC
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No. You'll not be followed from the WU and robbed because there is no cold, hard cash.
The scammer wants YOUR money and he's not going to part with his.

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

leonsumbitches
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is no cash waiting for you. And he has your real life details.

Stop all contact with him. Run a header from one of his emails through iptrackeronline.com, make a note of it, and make sure you don't reply to any email coming from that IP.

Also, post up everything the scammer sent on ScamWarners.com so future victims (and, like you, near-victims) can be warned.

GYV::Tanstaafl::Abiga::Game-theory::Church-Sites Easter Egg 2011
Closed lad accounts x 18 (10 from Tanstaafl baits) United Kingdom x 5 United States x 2 Ivory Coast Netherlands Malaysia Nigeria x 2 Spain
Safari SW Bait - Cl3tus Orof3 Accra->8auchi->Accra->Lagos, co-bait with Nowhere Man, Bravo, The Dane & psychicbait
insults and more
How to kill a Badger
spot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello iPad2.

The chances are that you will receive a spoof e-mail from (presumably) Western Union asking you to send them a Dispatch Tracking Number as proof that you have sent the item before releasing any money.

Once the scammer tracks the item and finds that it has left your country you will soon find out that this is a scam; in fact you may receive further e-mails asking you to pay taxes on the item delivery.

Western Union and MoneyGram transactions are intended only for transactions between yourself and people you know and trust.

A variation on this scam: Exactly the same but with PayPal

iPad2
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, Wow this is some prompt replying!

a) The only thing I would have given him would be my name (for collection generating the MCTN for collection at WU). Is that dangerous?

b) Happy to post my experience - I use a macbook and use the Mail app. How do I check his IP from his email?

Tks!

Btw... I think I found this link on this forum - http://www.xxxxxxx.info/wugen/index.html

I'm not sure what this link is for but is this what the scammers use to generate fake MCTNs?!

Link redacted for obvious reasons-MM

@iPad2- you have PM
iPad2
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Spot,

Thank you for ur further info!

I thought WU is not involved in the dispatch or even the selling bit - ie. they are just a intermediary to transfer cash upon instruction from the 'payer'.

So, if I really get an MCTN number, then proceed to the WU of choice to collect the (non existent!) cash, the worst is that I'll get told by WU that the MCTN number doesn't exist or it's fake, right?

SORRY FOR THE QUESTIONS, ALL! LEARNING AS I GO ALONG TO SPREAD THE INFO ABOUT THESE SCAMS!

Duplicate post fixed - RC
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As much as I hate to insinuate that this buyer is not all they seem, I'd proceed with caution.

You can bet there will be some problem or other with any westy transfer. Could be anything from sudden illness to getting robbed on his/her way to the office to send the money.

It wouldn't surprise me if they turn this into a cheque scam.
That is, they'll send you a cheque for a lot more than the item you are selling is worth, then ask you to cash it take what you are owed and send the difference back to them. Followed by the goods if you ever hear from them again.

Best thing might be to just drop them and look for another buyer. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
iPad2
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Windypops - thanks!

If someone sends me a cheque for more than the price of the item, that wouldn't be smart cuz I could simply cash the cheque and don't send him back the difference, right? Unless there is more to it than I know the process of.
leonsumbitches
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ The check would be fake. The money is flash money, basically a bookkeeping illusion while the check is processed. Once the bank discovers you cashed a forged check, you become a criminal. You get arrested, go into debt, and prison-raped. The lad gets away scot-free and his next victim buys his next weekend out on the town.

Additionally: if a lad does give you an MTCN which you can check online, and verify, it means he sent $1 to himself. We don't do the same in baits, because lads will recycle every single thing you send them if it will help them convince future victims.

GYV::Tanstaafl::Abiga::Game-theory::Church-Sites Easter Egg 2011
Closed lad accounts x 18 (10 from Tanstaafl baits) United Kingdom x 5 United States x 2 Ivory Coast Netherlands Malaysia Nigeria x 2 Spain
Safari SW Bait - Cl3tus Orof3 Accra->8auchi->Accra->Lagos, co-bait with Nowhere Man, Bravo, The Dane & psychicbait
insults and more
How to kill a Badger
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you post his email?
Signs of a scam are
He refers to whatever you are selling simply as "your item" to avoid having to customise emails.
He offers to pay extra for your "trouble"
He asks no questions about the item.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
iPad2
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Tambourine Man,

email is [email protected]
And it's a YES to all ur questions.
The scammer offered to pay me about 2.5 times the market price of the item currently, to also cover 'shipping'.
The only question he asked was his first email - is the item in excellent condition.

I'm sure it's a scam. What will you do with his email? Will this be compiled together into a list for people to check? Is there a way to check the IP address with just this email?
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, I believe tambourine man was requesting the first message you have recieved from this man.

I would suggest you, to delete all possible personal details that might be content of the email.

Even though it's no true that all scammers are from nigeria or west africa in general, it may look suspicious and there are damn good reasons why it looks like so. Smile

I would like to see that message as well, after that we can make some more solid conclusions Smile

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

iPad2 wrote:
Is there a way to check the IP address with just this email?

Yes, as its a Yahoo account, the emails headers will show his IP. Please look at the FAQ's in the Hints & Tips forum to see how to do this, post them here and we'll work out where he's from. The other upside is that anyone with enough sense to Google his IP in the future might end up here.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have we covered all the major angles on this?

Cautionary notes:
1) Sending bodily waste samples - TOTALLY ILLEGAL!
2) American? - Simply handling a fake cheque / money order is a Federal offense.

My suggestion ...
tell him some other scammer (Err nice gent in Port Harcourt) has sent you a cheque for far more money which you've cashed and are now dispatching the goods via his agent along with the cash to pay the shipping. That should annoy & frustrate the gent nicely.
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless you want to bait this guy, which I suggest you don't as you have given him some details. Just send him a polite email saying the item has been sold and you are no longer selling it. Also contact scamwarners and craigslist or wherever you put the item. Suggest you try e-bay, there you can tell the good from the ad by the feedback (usually) also paypal protects you.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wowwow wrote:
Suggest you try e-bay, there you can tell the good from the bad by the feedback also paypal protects you

Not necessarily, I bid for a BMW M3 that was stupidly cheap, and suspiciously abroad. It turned out it was being sold as a scam by a lad who had phished the account of an eBay user with 100% feedback. Sad

He got round Paypal by sending me emails from 'eBay Europe Escrow Service' (who shared his IP address) - they wanted me to pay them direct, cutting out Paypal and the original eBay account holder.

When I advertised a car on there I started to get pm's via email from people who wanted to overpay me for the car, unseen. Nigerian IPs, funnily enough.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic