SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How can I get help when I have been ripped off locally in TX

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CongoGorilla
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys:

Yep I know about scam emails for sure and I do answer some of them and fun with them some of the scammers. Anyone have some advise on local scams?

Last year I became the victim of a clever scam that is local. The "company" Forinkandmore advertises continuous ink systems for your printer
http://www.forinkandmore.com/

They are based out of San Marcos, Texas. You order their product. They charge your credit card and then simply dont send you anything. If you email them you get no replies and their phone line is automated and you never get a live person.

Obviously I am out almost $100.00 and wont get that back but I was wondering if something could be done to shake them up a bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Don
Master
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Don
welcome to eater
firstly when you mess with these scammers don't use your real details. I suggest reading the stickies and learn a bit more about what we do and how to do it safely. As for your local issue im sure on eof the mods will come along soon and advise you on that

master

edit

there have been 7 reports to the bbb on this company and one in the ripoff report which i suspect is yours.
as for something we can do I don't think this is in our area of expertise

Safari it was all a big fuck of disappointed
you are the fooliest baboom!
Closed lad accountsMortarSand TimerSand TimerSand TimerTattooVcamera
You are dead MUMU!!!!
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heed Master's words!

But just to reassure you a little, CISS are getting supercheap, I bought mine, prefilled with 400ml of ink, for $8. Keep shopping round and you may find a deal away from that shark.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know if the procedure is different in the US and as mentioned above this is not really what we do here but I had a similar situation here in the UK where I paid for something that just never arrived so I contacted my credit card company and I eventually got my money back.

It took a while for them to resolve the problem but a few weeks wait was better than just getting robbed!

Togawa
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see very little helpful information, so I'm going to jump in even when I'm not a US citizen. But this is what I know it can be done:

Report to the BBB (Best Business Bureau). I don't think they can get your money back but you'll help preventing others from falling.

You said locally. If it's locally, you can take your complain to the small claims court. I'm not sure how it works in detail but it has little to no cost, you can take your case personally. I think that if they don't show up, the case goes nowhere.

I'm not suggesting private arbitration because, if they're doing this to everyone, they're not going to accept arbitration. Most likely, they're not going to respond ever.

Start looking for other victims. If they do this on a regular basis (the site is 4 years old), there have to be thousands of them. Then go to court all together. I think (you better check this out) that if they scammed people across state borders it could be a federal crime.

Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As Woodyuk said,first step is to contact the cc company.They will open a dispute against the merchant.Sounds like you have e reasonable shot at getting credited back,but it will take sometime.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Jesse_James
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have a read of this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

Assuming you paid by card then you should be able to get the money back.

I work for a bank in the UK dealing with credit cards. There is no reason for me to believe that you won't get your money back. Although there may be a time limit for you to submit your claim. For example in the UK it used to be 4 months from date of transaction although I believe this has recently been changed to 2 moths.

Get in touch with your card company as soon as you can.

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x11 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
Jesse_James
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

doc holliday wrote:
As Woodyuk said,first step is to contact the cc company.They will open a dispute against the merchant.Sounds like you have e reasonable shot at getting credited back,but it will take sometime.

It shouldn't take that long really. The company I work for ask for a form to be signed, once we get that back we give the customer their money back and then claim it back from the merchant.

If, at that point, it transpires that the customer wasn't entitled to the money back (they actually DID receive the goods etc) then we take it back from the customer. Ultimately the customer gets the money from us long before we get it from the merchants bank.

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x11 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I Google their address, it's a different business occupying that place.

If you look up the phone number, it says:

Quote:
Unpublished

(512) 722-6131 is from Wimberley, TX

The picture with their store sign looks photoshopped.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Any size order free delivery:

We will deliver your order same day if possible, and next day 100% gauranteed at no extra charge to you.

Same day when possible. Can be requested for $1.00 charge.

Welcome to Eater. I have two questions. When did you order from them? Are you sure that you are dealing with a local outfit?

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is true also in the US if you report to your cc company they will open a dispute and you will get your money back. However, do not delay in reporting to cc company. There maybe a time limit as to reporting. If it has been over a year as you mentioned, you might be out of luck; however I would try.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
CongoGorilla
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you very much for the advice fellas. I especially appreciate the advise from my mate who works at a bank. This happened last August of 2010 so not sure if my bank will help me but its worth a shot. In the meantime I created my own youtube video describing what happened. I hope it helps to alert others of this company because I have heard from others that even recently they are still stealing money from folks. If you would be so kind maybe clicking on my youtube will make it more popular and help get the word out about them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OKheTMXSDg

Also their San Marcos address is listed but when BBB tried to contact them they were unreachable. I have a feeling that this company is internationally based and using TX as a hangout. By the way I eventually purchased a continuous ink system from a fantastic company. The company is called hotzone360 and their system is fantastic! I have printed well over 1000 DVD and inserts for about $30.00 in ink.

Thanks for helping and checking out my youtube video about my experience with this rip off scam company FORINKANDMORE.

Cheers!
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater! Sorry your got screwed out of the money. You can also register a complaint with the state here https://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml

Not sure what they can do but probably does not hurt.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
CongoGorilla
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks very much. I will indeed register a complaint with them. I see more folks have clicked on my youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OKheTMXSDg

The more this gets out the less money they will make off others who fall for their scam. So thanks!

bravo95 wrote:
Welcome to Eater! Sorry your got screwed out of the money. You can also register a complaint with the state here https://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml

Not sure what they can do but probably does not hurt.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic