SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

This one seems a bit different

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Xtapolopacetl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I'm new here.
I just received this mail, which seems different from the "normal" 419 scam
Quote:

I am Dr John Anderson,i have a business Proposal worth (£15,500,000.00 Pounds Sterling) which i feel like discussing with you, should you be of interest, contact me via my private email:([email protected], Tel: +44 704 577 3617 ) for details and modalities.

Regards
Dr. John Anderson

That is all... As usual, he is offering quite a load of money, but there are no explanation, no sad tale or conspiracy, and didn't find any similar mails here. The phone number is from UK if I'm not mistaken, and the ip address in the message resolved to Ireland, which also seems interesting... how should I proceed?
BTW: not that it matters, but I control very carefully how I use the mail address where I received this message, so I know exactly where it was harvested: the help forum of an important phone maker Sad
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

+4470 numbers are international redirects - your scammer is probably anywhere but the UK

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What is the email it came from? Is it the same one as the one mentioned in email?

You might be able to get headers from it and then IP and approximate location of the lad you're dealing with.

In case you dont know how to get those - here's how:

In GMail (I suppose you have Gmail as it's recommended for most baiters) - you can get header by clicking little arrow pointing down in the top right corner of the message you've recieved - then click Show original.
Copy it over here and get it analyzed http://www.iptrackeronline.com/header.php

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Xtapolopacetl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your answers, I didn't know about the international redirect numbers, and a quick google search for "+44" returned info about the UK...
Here is the info I got from ipTracker:
ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:
Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 89.28.178.40
Originating ISP: This IP Block is for Hosting Services
City: n/a
Country of Origin: Ireland

The message came from [email protected], and not from the address listed in the message's body.
Regards
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it's well known that lad-species is well spread around the entire world Smile

I'd reply and see an ip from the another address.. I've already seen lads from west africa using proxies and stuff like that Rolling Eyes

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have recieved a few scripts like this recently.I think they are using the same technique some of us use in ASEM baiting. Providing just a little info so people actualy read it.

Only one way to find out bait and see what he sends next but I'm positive it is AFF. Just send the typical "I'm interested reply" please post up his next script.

As far as the IP remember lads are everywhere. It could also be a proxy server. Subway just safaried a lad from Dublin here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=196890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Edit ninjeaed slightly!

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
paythecourier
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A scam of some sort without a doubt. As Bravo suggests straight bait the lad and eventually the words "barrister" "expenses" "Western Union" etc etc will start to appear.

Have fun.

You are the bastard of a thousand bastards. Sir Michael Creamer

Closed lad accounts x 13
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Xtapolopacetl,

Some lads like to send very short opening scripts. I imagine that they think that a vague offer of a 'business proposal' is likely to attract more replies than a suggestion of faking someone's next-of-kin or receiving syphoned money from a West African bank account. And maybe when a person has written once (and been tempted by the money), they will be likely to write again, even when they find out what the 'proposal' really means.

As manbiteslion says, telephone numbers beginning with +4470 are not normal UK telephone numbers - all calls are redirected to a mobile phone almost anywhere in the world. If you google:

Quote:
site:scamwarners.com "+4470 numbers"

you will see lots of references to this.

The IP address is indeed a proxy, so, again, the sender of the email could be anywhere in the world.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup

Quote:
Hostname: 89.28.178.40
ISP: ACT Computers limited
Organization: This IP Block is for Hosting Services
Proxy: Confirmed proxy server

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to bait him, reply from a baiting email address and just say "I'm interested. Please tell me more."

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Xtapolopacetl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your comments.
I actually replied his mail after I got the first feedback from this site, telling him I was interested on the business proposal. I haven't gotten an answer from him so far.
I used a new account I created for this purpose and not the one where I received the first mail, although I think that doesn't really matters for this issue
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic