SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Insane discounts on Adobe products...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

...but don't know if this is a scam. Basically the email advertises a bunch of Adobe products, for example, Photoshop CS5 for $229, with the retail price at $699, which means you save $470. All you have to do is click the link and enter a coupon number they give you.

Confused

"I want only to say that it is always the simplest ideas which lead to the greatest consequences. My idea, in its entirety, is that if vile people unite and constitute a force, then decent people are obliged to do likewise; just that." - War And Peace
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would wager that you would either A.) receive a counterfeit copy that couldn't be registered; B.) receive nothing; or C.) find your credit card has suddenly been hit with thousands of dollars in charges you know nothing about.

In other words, I wouldn't trust it...............

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Baitable you think?

"I want only to say that it is always the simplest ideas which lead to the greatest consequences. My idea, in its entirety, is that if vile people unite and constitute a force, then decent people are obliged to do likewise; just that." - War And Peace
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why not?!
Stay safe...

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Mjwoody
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just curious, how would the bait go? I mean, what modality?

"IMBECILE LIKE YOU. SEE AS YOU BLACK LIKE CHARCOAL AND YOUR MOUTH LIKE WOMAN TOTO WEY COME DEY OPEN DEY TALK RUBBISH" - Jahmil Ahmed
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the link takes you to a fake website, have someone in the Fake Bank Forum help you to shut it down, if it's possible to.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
SiteReaper
419Eater is my life

Location: Do not pass GO, Do not collect $200. ByeBye Bankity-Bank!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think a lot of times you are going to get Malaysian bootlegs...at least that has been my experience from buying any dvds from Malaysia...I usually end up with a bootleg.

your fund is no more here in our bank.~Mr. W@lter.

it is God that give me your contact email ~Mr. 3ke.

I will put on my base ball t-shirt today, coz i know you will write me...lol.-John @pender.

Thanks for your kindness. Unfortunately, we are not interested in your
cake, rather we need the document.-FBI
Spain United Kingdom Malaysia Netherlands United States Switzerland Nigeria Flag Pakistan Canada Ghana Burkina Faso Australia Benin Hong Kong X100+ and counting...
Nuked_Duke
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They might be selling cracked software and be perfectly legitimate apart from selling stolen goods. I know that some sections of the warez scene still try that.
My advice is if anyone does buy it through them and actually gets anything is be sure to disable active updates. Even if you don't pay for it but get it via a torrent still disable updates Wink

Most likely it's some sort of phishing scam though.
They could be thinking "Nobody will go to the cops reporting they got ripped off trying to buy stolen software"
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Those sites are not baitable. Most will allow you to download a bootlegged copy of the software offered. You can't register however you can get updates. Like z0k4h said, besides the fact they are selling you stolen software, most are on the up and up.

$229.00 for CS5 is extremely high. CS5 Extended normally goes for $70 - $100.

There has been reports of those sites being rip offs however most are not. Most of those sites are in business to make money by selling (illegal) bootlegged copies of software so they obviously would make more money buy providing the software. Returning customers and word of mouth. However keep in mind when you buy bootlegged copies of software you run the risk of getting nothing.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic