SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dating site? What dating site?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rolf Harris
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all,
Is it normal for these critters to claim they found you on a dating site when my character's email is only on a few guestbooks? Not on any dating sites.
I guess I have 3 options?
1/ play along
2/say I'm not him but since we're already talking sexy...
3/maybe "oh, I thought I'd deleted that account ages ago... not as pretty as I used to be, etc, etc

Any other thoughts?
Thanks.
PS only on about 3 guestbooks and already close to 10 of these scammers have contacted me - wondering if any are the same person or are there really this many low lifes online?
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
are there really this many low lifes online?

Of course there are and what you see is only the tip of the iceberg.

(s)he is trying to find out if you will cooperate with his scam so acting like a real person will set the hook, ready to pull him in.

But as all "lovers" you can doubt him/her, tell him that he is a womanizer, not real etc.
He will ask you for a phone number and call lots, so best find a nice excuse why... or find a nice phone solution. Skype?

Have fun, bait SAFE

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh yes!

My very first vlad said "I found you on THE site" as do most of them and the game was afoot soon after. Except I had registered at several sites so who knows which one. I now only use one dating site and I get my intros there and we switch to private email right off.

There is an endless supply of unwitting love scammers just waiting to be yanked around by the wallet.

We have no time for your joking, dear XXXXX Thank you for using our services. (Yulia Ivanova)

Your reaction is a deliberate attempt to delay the proceedings of this transaction, which will not be accepted by us. (Mr. Jonathan Wilko)

My dear, I just went to the bank that would get your money. I was told that such remittance is not there !!!!!! Once again you have deceived me! Why did you do that to me! I've always been honest and sincere with you! I cry ........ Maria

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Rolf Harris, and welcome to Eater!

If a scammer contacts your character with romantic intentions and you are not registered on any dating sites, then it is probably an orphan or refugee scam. These are not 'pure' romance scammers (who pretend to fall in love with you, and then invent an urgent need for financial help), but advance fee scams (they have money to share with you, after you have paid some fees in advance) with an added love interest.

Yes, it is usual for them to claim that they have seen your profile ... on the dating site, on 'the' site, or even naming the guestbook that they harvested your email address from.

You can play along any way you like (and experiment with different approaches too). You don't even have to pretend to fall in love back, neither with the romance lads nor with the orphans/refugees. My characters have lengthily baited both types merely as penpals. They don't, of course, care what your character looks like, or how old s/he might be - except if it affects how willing they are to send money. Often the scammers believe that a plain-looking middle-aged person may be the most flattered by their attentions, and therefore most easily persuaded to send the money they are seeking.

Orphans/Refugees are often not too keen on sex talk; the romance lads are more willing to go this route if they believe it will 'bind' your character to them - it is good to fake appreciation of their very worst attempts at love or sex talk: maybe they will then be encouraged to repeat their worst lines to real potential victims.

If you have a mentor, they will be able to help you access the headers of emails and locate the correct IP address for tracing which country the scam mails have been sent from - and that will indicate whether there is any possibility that two different scam mails have been sent by the same scammer. They are most likely to have been sent by different lads, however - the number of scammers online is absolutely huge. Many baiters have a 'catcher' account which they use just for guestbook signings, and one can receive 100+ different scam mails per day in that catcher account.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
MayDay
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Shocked Many baiters have a 'catcher' account which they use just for guestbook signings

Branwen is absolutely right with numbers of scammers,those "blood suckers" will be there as long as your internet is open and working.
Hoping that you have a mentor,cos you need it,if you are going to play with them.

Every day, we are assaulted by stories of stupid people -- many of whom use their stupidity for personal gain. From time to time, though, we hear of those who strive to achieve new levels of stupidity
--------------------------------------------
^^^^Are you there God? It’s me, MayDay, I’m from Bank of America. I’ve just received this check endorsed to you and I’m going to need to verify your signature. Can you give me a social security number and date of birth, please?
Thank you God!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic