SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

MacBook Pro scam on Craigslist

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
tekkt0r
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Working a scammer right now who's selling a mint MacBook Pro on Craigslist for $580. The scam?

Scammer claims due to the "financial crisis" she/he has moved to the UK and has found a safe and secure way to complete the transaction online. He/she refers me to shiptnt.uk.com. (fake shipping site). Scammer then asks if you agree to terms (of course I did!) and that she'll drop the laptop off with the shipper. Shipper/scammer then sends fake tracking, payment, and confirmation emails to me. Emails are quite convincing. Now all I have to do is send a Western Union money order to the scammer and the shipper will release the laptop for delivery.

Anyone wanna see screenshots of shipping emails?
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tekkt0r, I see you also posted about this site over in the fake bank forum. What we need is for you to post up the scam emails from the domain over there for evidence to try to get the site killed. The complete emails with headers (your personal information can be removed) would be great. Thanks! Very Happy

Edit -- And if this scammer has your RL details (email addy, phone number, address, name, etc), then please just stop all contact with them.

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
tekkt0r
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Dora,

yeah I've already stopped communicating. Once I realized it was fake (which was almost immediately) I baited him/her just enough to get a website. The only thing the scammer has is my name and email. I'm a cop so I'm not too worried Wink

thanks for your help! I'm going to get in contact with our internet crimes unit and see if they're interested in running some of their own scam baiting operations. i've taken a couple calls personally on loses due to scams on craigslist, 419, etc. we can't do much unless the scam is run locally, but maybe we can run interference?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic