SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Exposed Cold Calls - Computer Errors

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Came across this it's pretty informative Laughing

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/pc-help/1908340/exposed-cold-pc-service-company-tried-mislead

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's happened to me twice now.

In the most recent one, the lady in question explained that they would get the technician into my system to repair it.
Me: No way! You sound like hackers!
Her: Sir, that's not how hackers work, they wouldn't work like this.
Me: Oh really? Does every burglar use the window? A lot of the time they come in via the front door!
<Phone down>

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3 times for me,

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wish I got calls like this. Is there a number I can call to bait them? Very Happy

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've gotten a pop up on my screen that told me I had a virus and if I clicked on the link, they would fix for me -- at a cost of about $50.

I took computer immediately to the Computer Doctor. He said he has had clients pay up to about $400 in total for these clowns to "fix" and something else crops up for another $50-100 - that they $50 and $100 you to death and fix nothing.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Sweet Jesus. Please download THIS and never worry about that shit again. Burn it to a CD and run it live (they will show you how). You can test drive it without making any changes to your computer. If you have any questions, PM me.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vampiremerchant wrote:
Came across this . . .

Hey these are the same douches that call me every week or so. If I am not doing anything important, which is most of the time, and the wive is out of ear shot (she doesn't believe in abusing poor third world scammers), I unleash my abuse modality. It's fun - try it.

Last edited by Gold Hat on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Pastor, PM sent. Smile

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..
we don't want a pimpley,less wrinkly botoxed man running loose" [SlapHappy]

My Mentor is a young, hot, sexy man or woman.

"I'm a girl." [Slightlyoutofit]
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first time it happened, I had a call from two strongly accented individuals who tried to tell me that they had confirmed information that my computer had been infected with viruses and malware.

I told the first one (a man) that I'd been receiving no error messages or virus warnings, and after a while he must have had enough of hearing my denials and handed me over to a second one (a woman) who told me they had fifteen or more error messages logged from my computer.

I asked for details of when and what, and she went away. Not long after the line went dead.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There was a thread in help and tips recently about this, but rather than have it necro'd you can carry on here.

I get these scum every other day. When I have time I dick them around by asking 'which PC is it?' and generally acting stupid. I then ask them to wait while I 'switch the PC on', and leave them listening to the soundtrack of a Japanese pr0n film or something.... When I come back 20 minutes later they are gone.

Otherwise I say very bad things to them and put the phone down, much to the surprise of my inlaws that were staying last week.....

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:

Sweet Jesus. Please download THIS

I wonder what they would say if they tell you your Windows is running slow because of malicious software and you tell them you're running Ubuntu Smile

Fight My Brute
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received a similar call a little before Thanksgiving last year. We just moved into a new place, had no internet connection, no computers and the phone was just installed. I was installing a dead bolt into a garage door when I answered the phone. I don't bait telemarketers because generally they are simply doing their job but this was really a scam.

Thinking about it now I should have said that the noise of the hole saw was the computer starting up. I kept agreeing with the guy and kept telling him it would be a just a little more time before my version of Windows 7 loaded up Office 10, Flight Simulator and Photoshop. I did say that something was wrong with the power button when I was cutting in the mortised lock strike. My little girl must have heard the hammer on the chisel when she came over. She heard me when I was lining up the door and the jam and I told the scammer that the green cursor was blinking.

She came by 30 minutes later when I was finishing up and gave me a "Are you still doing this look?". By this time I had changed out the lockset and installed the deadbolt and was doing the engineer's dance. I told the scammer that everything was working perfectly, thanked him for his help and hung up the phone on him. I looked at my handset and saw that I had talked to him for 43 minutes.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@wokabo

I'm running Mint 8, Ubuntu is fine, but the recent changes drive me nuts. I know that Mint is up to v.10, but 8 is wonderful, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

@all

The great thing about Linux is that you can change versions and flavors of Linux and reload all of your settings with a few clicks.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Connie... Laughing

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ PF Thanks for the info. The Computer Doc has me all fixed up that nightmare will not happen again.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ You are running Windows, and he gave that guarantee? Fair enough, hopefully he will fix any future problems for free.

Don't get me wrong, I started with Windows 3.11 back in the day (all the way up to XP) and had my fair share of problems. Once I converted to Linux I have not had one problem with that type of stuff. Try a live CD and see how it works,

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ It has been 2 yrs and no problems thus far. Of course he will fix for FREE if that happens again. That was the only problem like that I have ever had with any of my computers (desktop or laptop). Maybe I am living under my lucky star Wink Wink

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Your computer tech must be your SO.

I quit doing Windows support for my friends. They hate me, as does most of the world, but they keep making the same mistakes. "I just clicked on this funny link my friend sent me, and now my computer is all fucked up".

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^What exactly are those "funny links", PF?

ETA: I was just thinking how I posted a link to a friend earlier today. He said he would kill someone. Shocked I hope his computer is okay. Confused

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Pastor Frank Nope, the "Computer Doctor" is a local business. I only take my computers in when I get a new computer and need files transferred and for that muck-up of a mess I spoke of above.

Many years ago when I had an IBM PS2 a friend came over to fix something. He had been a member of our local computer group. Idiot managed to erase my hard drive! Evil or Very Mad I took to a local computer repair and they fixed so that HD could not be erased again. Needless to say friendship ended on the spot!

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

N.O.R.A wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^I can't see that one. Confused

At least my computer still works. Smile

Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Good. It may ruin your life.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
N.O.R.A wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Crap - I accidentally clicked that link - I have to reformat my hard disk now (if it still works at all)

Fight My Brute
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic