SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lad ringing me , but I never gave out a phone number.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
khawk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, got a gold lad who has been ringing me on 2 numbers but getting through to answering machines. Interesting thing is that I never gave him a phone number. Two possiblitis exist. He's mixed me up with a real victim, in which case I need to use these two phone numbers to contact him or one of us has given him bullshit numbers. I think the latter is more likely so does anyone recognise the below numbers (Iasked him to send them to confirm they were my correct numbers)

Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you run several baits at the moment and have given another lad your numbers? You might have contacted the the same lad (who uses another addy) with another bait from your same baiting account - though it would be a huuuuuge coincidence.

Or are these your real life numbers?

eljeffe
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

khawk wrote:
Hi, got a gold lad who has been ringing me on 2 numbers but getting through to answering machines. Interesting thing is that I never gave him a phone number. Two possiblitis exist. He's mixed me up with a real victim, in which case I need to use these two phone numbers to contact him or one of us has given him bullshit numbers. I think the latter is more likely so does anyone recognise the below numbers (Iasked him to send them to confirm they were my correct numbers)

Well, they're Orange County Phone #'s (that's where I live) - but I don't recognize them - did you try googling them?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As this is so creepy, I keep thinking about it:
Have you been the target of an intended scam before - e.g. Craigslist - and have given out those numbers before you realized it was a scam? And are you baiting with that old real life address?

khawk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I don't think you have it right. I have never seen these numbers before. I certainly haven't given any numbers to any lad before. The lad must have mixed me up with another victim. The lad is insisting I gave him these numbers but it's bullshit. I'm not sure exactly what is going on. Are they the numbers of a victim and should I ring and warn this victim or is there a motivation that i 'm not getting? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What you are saying is, that the lad said he has been trying to call you, and that these numbers are the ones he tried to reach you at? And that you have never given him any phone numbers at no point, and that you have no idea who the numbers belongs to?

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
candy-factory
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They're both numbers related to "Club Ember" in Anaheim CA:

http://www.emberofanaheim.com/contact-us/
http://www.georgedelavega.com/index.html

I think your lads BS'ng you

A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It looks like both numbers lead to the same guy. See:

http://www.georgedelavega.com/index.html for 714.396.9714

and

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/zip/2116604122.html as well as http://www.emberofanaheim.com/contact-us/ for 714.991.5101

The address looks legit. The night club shows up on Google Earth.

ETA: Ninja'd by candy-factory. Thanks.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As others have shown, it appears your lad is just BS'ing you in this case. Tell him you have no idea what he is talking about and you never gave him those numbers. Ask him if he is sharing this private transaction he is having with you with others and tell him you are concerned he might not be serious. Wink

khawk wrote:
Are they the numbers of a victim and should I ring and warn this victim ...

Obviously not needed in this case, but for future reference, if you ever believe you have real vic information or possible vic/mule information, please don't try to email or phone them yourself. Simply pass the information on to a mod here on Eater and they will take it over to ScamWarners and an experienced scam warner can warn, if needed. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
khawk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, thedane. You have it right! Sorry if I was not clear in my first post. Thank you all for your advice. I thought it was a strange turn in an otherwise straight bait. I accept it's probably bullshit and have learned a lot about tracking down phone numbers. I'm amazed that that is possible because it isn't allowed to create any software to give a name and address from a phone number. I am also wondering what's the lad's motivation or endgame in this?

buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think he’s BSing you but, if you baited a mugu properly don’t be surprised if he comes at you with different characters and email addys. If everything is constant with your Character you be surprised how hooked the mugu will become as time goes on.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Jasper
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with telling the lad that you wonder if you're not the only one he is doing this transaction with. You don't want anyone getting your money, of course.
The lad could also be trying to get you to give him your number. Maybe he thinks you will say, "No, those are not my numbers. My number is_______"

Closed lad accounts x9 Easter Egg
Mjwoody
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I always bait safe, even when I don't. Wink If you are et all worried about it, just drop him and pick it up from a different address. You are using gmail, or some other way to mask your IP address right? Otherwise, its not a stretch to use any geoip site to get an estimate of your general location, then get any random # from that area and make a claim, such as your lad is giving you.

That the numbers are in your area, would to a victim, seem to lend credibility to the scammer's claim that you gave him these numbers. Perhaps he confused them or got them wrong when you gave them, a real victim would simply correct the numbers, I believe.

"IMBECILE LIKE YOU. SEE AS YOU BLACK LIKE CHARCOAL AND YOUR MOUTH LIKE WOMAN TOTO WEY COME DEY OPEN DEY TALK RUBBISH" - Jahmil Ahmed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic