SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Really, they think they can get away with this?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Subject: Your ASB account has been deactivated

Body: This email is to inform you that your ASB Bank Limited FastNet has been deactivated due to inactivity.
In order to continue using your ASB account, please renew your profile by going to:
http://queens287 .lnk.telstra.net /fastnet/asbonline/classic/
Thank you for using ASB.

Best Regards,
FastNet ASB

I never had an ASB account in my life Laughing much less with my scam-baiting email.

disabled link - Dorothy

"I want only to say that it is always the simplest ideas which lead to the greatest consequences. My idea, in its entirety, is that if vile people unite and constitute a force, then decent people are obliged to do likewise; just that." - War And Peace

Last edited by Vinata Giolla on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunantly it will work with someone. Lots of people out there not all as Internet savvy as us. You might check the fake banks thread and see if that URL is there yet. Best thing we could do is get that site killed so we can hopefully save someone from being scammed.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I reported it here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195561

"I want only to say that it is always the simplest ideas which lead to the greatest consequences. My idea, in its entirety, is that if vile people unite and constitute a force, then decent people are obliged to do likewise; just that." - War And Peace
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Perfect thanks!!

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Today for some reason I decided to look at my online bank statements very closely and recognized an entry I had not made.

I called the 800 number beside the name of the unfamiliar company. Apparently back in July I accidentally clicked on a banner and they must have gotten my cc info from the previous website. They had been charging me $16/mo. So these scums have taken about $80 from my account.

I figured out how to cancel it and have documentation and will be watching my statements more closely.

So be very careful about accidental clicks on banners even on good familiar websites. I frequently listen to Clark Howard (a financial radio show in the US) and he has warned of this in the past. He has said some of these people will take small amounts from your checking account that you might not notice.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't even dared click the link in this email; who knows what could happen? I'm not sure I even want to reply and bait this guy.

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a standard phishing email and it isn't baitable and we don't deal with them at Fake Banks. The legitimate banks are better equipped in dealing with them. In fact, the legit bank already has a phishing notice on their home page: https://www.asb.co.nz/

You can forward phishing emails to the bank themselves (usually it is something like [email protected] or [email protected]) or post them up at Phish Tank ( http://www.phishtank.com/index.php ).

In this case, you can forward to: [email protected] Very Happy

https://www.asb.co.nz/personal/banking-with-asb/security/security-alerts

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright, done so Smile

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My fault that's what I get for not reading the script Embarassed

Sand Timer Shortstuff

JadeFalcon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a thought....but could/should we 1337 or otherwise block the phishing URL in the OP? Don't want anybody clicking it accidentally or anything! Cool

"fo rizzle my j-fizzle" - BluthBanana

"I am tired of all this questions you do ask me all the time.You ask question like a small kid." - Michael Jonathan, avatarlad

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Come on...You know you want an ORANGE name!</a>
RIP Steward. Never forget.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As Dora said, these can and should be reported to the real institution.

An incredible number of people fall for phishing/vishing scams every single day. These scams cost both the victims and the financial institutions literally billions of dollars. As a result, almost every major financial institution/company (including paypal and western union, both daily targets) has staff or an external security firm dedicated to taking these sites/phone numbers down. As the party being spoofed, they have the strongest position to get the fakes closed. The faster they are alerted, the fewer victims there will be.

The best thing anyone can do with these is to forward them immediately to the real institution.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've bookmarked this thread.
I get a round dozen of these phishing spam a day and it's good to know what to do with them before I delete them.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ To add my to previous post --

To find the phishing address for the legitimate bank (or other company), I usually can find it by googling 'report BOA phish' replacing the BOA with the name of the bank or other company.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=report+RBC+phishing

Posting it up at the Phish Tank is good if you have the time (as others can search for it there), but always report it to the bank/company first, if you can. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure what to make of this. Phishing or something else?

Quote:
Subject: Google 11 Anniversary Award

Body: OPEN THE ATTACHMENT FILE

And there was an attachment "INFORMATION_GOOGLE_TO_FILL_OUT_2010-11.pdf" which of course I haven't touched.

Last edited by Vinata Giolla on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not phishing - lottery scam most likely.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anything with an attachment I just ignore and delete. My computer has a horrible immune system and gets sick easily.

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Something the real Google should be notified of?

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ A fake lottery, impersonating a real company, is a pretty common lottery scam and believe me, Google and the others are aware. Different from phishing, this is baitable and you can reply with something simple (without even opening the attachment), 'I won the lottery! What do I have to do?' and you are on your way. Wink

Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I thought it was vague enough to warrant this response:

Quote:
What is this?

Jonathan Davis

Laughing

Mrs.Dill Doe
Hello I'm New here!

Location: IN the darkest recess of your mind, waiting with the cat o'nine tails. Who wants to play with me?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to go chasing rabbits, but on this "bank" scam, I have received many offers for "loans". All they need is the standard A/S/L. So...while I was bored, I pulled a few things out of thin air, and other places, and said I needed a loan for 10103.33 and I only made 28 dollars a month... They are still in the middle of figuring this out...and for my A/S/L ..I was transgender...they actually replied to me with a question of what a transgender was...and if I could wait while they figured out where my numbers were on my "bank acct". I guess my Country I gave them is off their map Razz
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I don't know how baitable this is...

Quote:
Subject: You have made $30

Body:Hi there,
My name is Michael

How would you like to make 15 - 25 $
every single day just for clicking your mouse?

Start earning Minutes from now!

Don't believe any hyped promises - you won't
be making thousands of dollars every day and
you won't be a millionaire by next year but
my System is a surefire method for everyone
who wants to start earning online.

Click here to get Your own Cash Creation System

Contact us | Unsubscribe from our mailing list

"Click here," "Cash Creation System," and the two bottom things were links.

Last edited by Vinata Giolla on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Meanwhile, with the Google lottery scam...enter the Royal Bank of Scotland! After some back and forth avoidance of attachment opening on my part, I finally get this:
Quote:
Subject: ATTN: JONATHAN DAVIS

Body: GOOGLE MANAGEMENT AWARD
WELTEVREDEN PARK, GREENSIDE
CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA.
TEL: +27 792883268
Fax: +27 867501027
E-mail: [email protected]

Dear Winner,

We are in receipt of your e-mail and wish to thank you for your
Co-operation. Your prize is deposited with our paying Bank in Scotland
in a temporary Account and shall be sent to you on the Approval of
your payment. You will receive this fund by Telegraphic Transfer [Bank
Wire] or International Debit Card ATM GOLD MASTER CARD.

PROCEDURE TO CLAIM YOU’RE WINNING PRIZE
However; the 2010/11 Google 11 Anniversary Award is no doubt, a
momentous achievement in the chequered history of this Corporation. On
behalf of the entire staff of the Organization, I wish to congratulate
all non-Governmental Organizations who have in no little way
contributed immensely towards the success of this draw as well as
taking concrete steps towards its actualization. All participants were
selected randomly from World Wide Phone/E-mail Directories. This
promotion is part of the financial empowerment program of the Google
11 Anniversary Award Development Company (GADC) in its struggle to
alleviate poverty.

OPTIONS TO CHOOSE TO RECEIVE YOUR WINNING PRIZE
Option #1 opening account on your name, and issue you an international
debit card (ATM MASTER CARD) so that you will have the access of
withdrawal your winning prize in any part of the world because the
master card is for the globally use.
Option #2. Through swift electronic wire transfer which would be done
through bank to bank between the paying banks in London, directly to
the receiving bank which is the bank you operate with in your country
or any nominated bank of your choice.

While basking in the euphoria of this achievement, I wish to seize
this opportunity to acquaint you with guidelines as you must follow in
order to complete your claims. On our part, we have a mandate to see
you through. We will work assiduously to realize this mandate as we
respect your views, opinions and most importantly protect your
Privacy.

You are advised to complete the below form and send with the fund
release Application Letter to Royal Bank of Scotland by e-mail on:
Email: [email protected] so that they can proceed it and
release your fund to you.

Payment Option# 1
ATM GOLD MASTER CARD
Full name.......................................
Address.........................................
Age................................................
Sex.................................................
Nationality.....................................
Home Telephone #........................
Mobile Telephone #.......................
E-mail address...............................
Marital Status.................................
Occupation.....................................

Payment Option # 2
Bank Telegraphic Wire Transfer
[Bank Telegraphic Wire Transfer], Provide you’re banking details below;

Bank Name:
Account Name:
Account No:
Swift code if any:
Branch Code:
Bank Address:

NOTE: The following Reference Numbers has been assigned to you and you
are required to quote it in every mail that you send to us:
GOOGLE568A2010/11
FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT
ROYAL BANK O SCOTLAND PLC.
E-MAIL: [email protected]

Sir,
APPLICATION FOR FUND RELEASE [GOOGLE568A2010/11]

I write to apply for the release of my fund with regards to the
winning notification that was received on my Email Address from Google
11 Anniversary Award. I was made to believe that the sum of
(US$2,950,000.00) is deposited in a temporary Account in your Bank.

I hereby request that the above mentioned sum be remitted to me at the
earliest.

Yours Faithfully
(Your Full Name)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are still processing your certificate of award and it shall be send
to you when we are done. Do not hesitate to get in touch with me if
you have any difficulties in understanding the process as I will
always be here to help you.

Let me know when the Bank contacts you.
Kind Regards,
Mr. Benard Desmond ,
(Prize Administrator)

And so I send this to the Royal Bank of Scotland:
Quote:
Sir,

I write to apply for the release of my fund with regards to the
winning notification that was received on my Email Address from Google
11 Anniversary Award. I was made to believe that the sum of
(US$2,950,000.00) is deposited in a temporary Account in your Bank.

I hereby request that the above mentioned sum be remitted to me at the
earliest.

Payment Option# 1
ATM GOLD MASTER CARD
Full name: Jonathan [middle name] Davis
Address:
Sex: Male
Nationality: Welsh
Home Telephone #: n/a
Mobile Telephone #: n/a (my phone is currently in for repairs. I am doing all business communication through email)
E-mail address: xxxxxxxx
Marital Status: Married

Yours Faithfully
Jonathan Davis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic