SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ebay winner paid w/ fake paypal- HELP 2 BAIT!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TitusFlavius
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I was trying to sell an ipad on ebay and the winner paid $610 for it, which was suspicious. It goes for less in the store. His original address said "Texas" but then I get an email asking me to send it to Nigeria because "it is for my friend."

I then get a few fake emails from "[email protected]" (or something equally ridiculous) stating that I have been paid $610 plus $100 for shipping.

I then get this email: Dear seller,
Just to let you know that payment has been made via paypal so once you receive an confirmation from them make sure you send the item out and if you dont see the confirmation in your inbox check your spam mail or junk mail also and make sure you send the item out today Via USPS (EMS) EXPRESS MAIL DELIVERY OR REGISTER MAIL and get back to me with tracking number. nice doing business with you and god bless.here is my friend address once again.

Name:Usman Tunde
ADDRESS:25 Odopo, Ijoka Road
CITY: Akure
STATE:Ondo
ZIP CODE:234034
NIGERIA:Nigeria.

I have already cancelled my paypal, changed all my passwords and alerted the banks. I have also fwd-ed the emails to paypal.

Frankly, I have a lot of extra time on my hands and would like to fuck with this guy. I just wanted to sell a goddamn ipad. Why do they have to ruin everything!?

Anyway, any tips? Im a bit of a beginner at this. I was thinking I would "send to wrong address" somewhere in Niger instead of Nigeria and make him travel there for his precious ipad.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi TitusFlavius and welcome to Eater!

I am glad you didn't end up sending the item to the scammer as many others have done. Once it is sent, there is little or nothing you can do to get it back and you are out the money (that you never got) and the item.

First off, if you go over to our sister site, scamwarners.com, please post up as much information (emails with headers) as you can (deleting your personal information) as this will help others avoid being scammed too.

Second, stop all contact with the scammer from your current email address. He has your personal information and though the chances are small something could happen, there is no chance is playing with him with your RL details. If you want to mess with this particular scammer, you can reply to him from a new email account (made up with totally fake information) and just reply to his first email to you. Chances are you will get the same responses and it won't be tied to your RL details at all.

Otherwise, just pick up some new lads to play with from our Surplus Forum here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18 with a simple response of 'I am interested in your offer. Please tell me more.' And believe me, they will. Wink

Also sign up for a free mentor here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php A mentor can help answer some of your questions and get you started on the right track -- very helpful to have.

Welcome again and enjoy! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the Eater! Very Happy
Of course you can bait your lad, but not from your email address. Create a new account that does not allow to track your ID - read the stickies about safe providers - and send him an "Accidentally sent email - ASEM" mentioning an imminent payment to him.

He will be around for some time; so you can enjoy reading the forums and the Eater University, learn the stickies by heart Razz - and apply for a mentor.

Edit: Ninja'ed by Dora!

TitusFlavius
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your help guys! I will set up a new account and see what I can do. I'll also sign up for the mentorship...very cool.

Update: I went ahead and got a mentor. Have set up my new account. I am "Julia" on yahoo. Along with a very enticing profile pic of a young blonde.

Here is what I sent to him:

Hi Usman,

Thanks for the quick payment. I do not know if $100 was necessary for shipping to Africa. I will see how much shipping is tomorrow or the next day (so busy with Christmas!) and just refund you the money leftover. I think it should be around $50. I can always just send you the difference along with the parcel if you prefer. Do you take US dollars? I hope you enjoy the ipad! It is a really great little machine, just that I ended up getting two for my birthday! haha.

Take care!

Julia

(here's my profile. Maybe I'll turn this into a 'dating' bait: http://pulse.yahoo.com/_HHYTYGJYFOZ2QZOVDIIHTRZ2XU)
TitusFlavius
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Update: Got him.

This is what he responded to my fake account (two emails):

HELLO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE MESSAGE THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE ITEM OUT TODAY OR TOMORROW COS I WANT MY FRIEND TO GET THE ITEM IN TIME AND IF YOU SHIP IT 50$ YOU CAN SEND THE REAMING $ TO MY FRIEND VIA WESTERN UNION IF YOU CAN..... AND MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE ITEM OUT VIA USPS EMS EXPRESS MAIL DELIVERY SO MY FRIEND CAN GET IT IN TIME HOPE I CAN HEAR BACK FROM YOU SOON AND NICE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU

---

Hello its me again here is my friend address below once again

Name:Usman Tunde
ADDRESS:25 Odopo, Ijoka Road
CITY: Akure
STATE:Ondo
ZIP CODE:234034
NIGERIA:Nigeria.

Thanks
---

Titus here- I am thinking that maybe I should ask why I should send his friend the money if he's the one paying for it?? I have no idea how to move forward. Let me know. And where's Master!? Your padawan is here!!!
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know where in the world you are, but I know Master might be in another time zone than you. Usually he is on Eater later in the evenings (my time).

Just send one email back and tell them you would be happy to do it tomorrow and then that's when the delays will start. However, don't be surprised if they aren't willing to wait too long as these scammers are used to more of a hit-and-run vs a long bait.

And doesn't he need to pay you first before you ship? Wink

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

TitusFlavius
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

haha- but he has already paid. It's in my payal account, duh,

Wink
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell him you have sent it by so and so shipping (make it up) and give him a fictitious tracking number. Then write to him and to the "[email protected]" address and start complaining your paypal account does not reflect his payment.

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TitusFlavius wrote:

Update: I went ahead and got a mentor. Have set up my new account. I am "Julia" on yahoo.

Welcome Titus! You may want to use gmail instead of yahoo for an email account. Gmail strips your IP yahoo does not. Also read the stickies about safe baiting while your waiting for your mentor.

Have fun and bait safe!

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ True enough, bravo and a good point. However, no need to get too paranoid about IPs unless you have reason to. Most lads wouldn't know an IP if it bit them on the ass. Laughing

Many baiters bait from yahoo addies (especially the romance baiters) without any problems. Just check your IP and see what it shows about you. http://www.iptrackeronline.com/ Unless you have a IP that goes back to your office or school directly, it would be very hard for anyone to find you from your IP alone.

That said, I use gmail mostly myself. But don't be IP-paranoid. Wink

TheDarkSpecter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, depending on your service I suppose. (Im in Canada and use the largest ISP available)

My IP will trace directly back to my house, and with the iptrackeronline page, it makes it really easy to use. I have no choice but to use a gmail account. I'm not IP paranoid, but as everyone says here "better safe than sorry".

So, before you start emailing from your baiting account, just doublecheck to make sure the IP doesn't point to your living room like mine does Shocked

------------------------------

...(snip) as you can not tell me that by now i am still a scam, because have already given you my word already. (Vincen*t Chen*g)

I want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly Way.

Motor: The Nigerian Police Force is your Friend (0KEZIE 0KIR0 NELS0N CFR,NPM,FWC, Inspector General of Police)

Closed lad accounts x4
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine shows pretty close to home as well. .

I agree 99 percent of the time there is no real worry in a typical West African lad checking your IP but lads from other parts may be more likely. Starting out I just think it's safer to hide your IP until you get some experience. If you go through the trouble of hiding all your other RL details why not go ahead and hide your RL IP as well. I do also agree it's not something to be paranoid about. I think cautious is a better word.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan

Last edited by bravo95 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Wow - I finally had my own IP tracked: 600 kilometers off! Laughing At least the country is correct.

TitusFlavius
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another email from my lad. He is still using my original account which is annoying. Should I press him to use the other account? (Btw, i checked my IP and its nowhere near me)

This is to notify you regarding Payment made by Look Moore" to your account. The payment has been successfully made but on escrow due to security reasons we have to receive the shipment tracking number before your account will be credited.
This a new measure we are taking in order to protect both sellers and buyers against fraudulent activities. Immediately the Item has been ship, send the shipment tracking number to PayPal Customer Service Department: [email protected] and immediately the shipment tracking number is CONFIRMED. Your account will be credited immediately.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Thank you for using PayPal
The PayPal Team

PayPal Email ID PP304.

PayPal, an eBay company Copyright 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.
PayPal (U.S.A) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United state as an electronic money institution.

PayPal FSA Register Number: 22605

My reply: (on fake account)

OK I got the confirmation from paypal but I guess I have to send the merchandise before the payment clears. Is this correct?
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When you say your original email are you referring to the one connected to your real life details? If so just drop this lad and pick up a fresh one using your baiting address.

Sorry I may be confused if this is not the case.

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Original email":

Embarassed Oh dear, when I said "get a safe accont and bait him with an ASEM, I meant:
"Pretend to be another victim, just mention cash and he won't notice that he never heard of you before".
I'm so sorry, I should have explained the whole thing wayyy better.

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I primarily always use Gmail, but have a couple old Yahoo accounts. Checked those with ipTRACKER and they tracked a little too close to me for comfort.

When I travel I use my Verizon Air Card. I can be in the same location for days and when I check it each day for fun, it shows me in different states than where I actually am.

I have a couple "character" accounts on Yahoo for when I was posting on Yahoo Buzz, but I think I will make them into Gmail accounts because I do want to use one for baiting -- she is a lovely looking Mossad agent! If anyone will need a Mossad agent, I am sure the lovely Rachael would be glad to do a supporting role. Smile

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
TitusFlavius
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah! Whoops!! So I should drop him for my own safety? It's not safe to block him and "paypal" from my gmail and continue on from yahoo?
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he has any real life details just drop block and ignore him. You can bait him from a different account but just make sure you treat yourself as a entirely different person as your original email he contacted you with.

You may want to just start over with a new lad and let this one go. Plenty of other lads in the sea just check out the surplus letters forum.

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

keep the email account.

register a gmail account

add your yahoo-account via this pop3 collector to your gmail account. now you can choose, if an email should be send as if it is your yahoo-account or via smtp from your yahoo. account.

in the first case, your gmail address shows up in the header
in the second case, googles IP and your gmail-account shows up.

in both cases, your original IP doesn't show off anymore, and your lad won't even notice that you changed something.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ No. While you recommend works and can be useful to know, in this case, if the scammers have ANY of his RL details, he just needs to stop replying. Replying from a new account but continuing on as the same person does nothing -- the lad can still connect the 2 email accounts.

At this point, Titus, please just follow bravo's advice and drop baiting this particular scammer. There is no need to take any chances that he just might be smarter than the average lad and will annoy the heck out of you for 'playing' with him.

TitusFlavius
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok will do. Thanks Dora. I think I will bide my time and in a couple of months set up a gmail account where I will bait him as another person. I *DO* want my revenge. Hahaha.

(ah, btw it's she- sorry the name is confusing)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic