SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Two beginner's questions

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
biglebowski
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear all, I am new to this forum, but I already was reading through a LOT of hilarious scambaiting cases (some are definitely surreal and bizarre and SO MUCH fun to read).
Now anyway, what I was wondering myself, and maybe you can help me as a total newbie:
a) is in ANY case to be feared that one can get sued by a scammer? e.g. for things like sending money, or items etc.?
b) are scammers not using this forum to get a lot of informations and anti-scambait strategies? how come that many of them still send stuff over or get tattoes? Have those infos not spread all over the "419" world?

thanks guys!
the dude
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(a) We don't ask scammer's to send us money - it is a basic violation of board rules.

(b) Always bait safe -- use a totally anonymous e-mail address and totally fictitious details.

(c) The scammers basically never result to legal process (they use fake lawyers, not real lawyers!)

(d) Scammers do get on this board occasionally. We have lots of fun when that happens!

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
biglebowski
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Bruin,

thanks for the reply!
I didn't know that it is a basic violation of board rules. I was reading through all the baits by Shiver, and he used such techniques every once a while, that's why I asked myself if there would be legal problems with that. I wouldn't try that anyway.

I can imagine it's lots of fun if Scammers unveil themselves here as Scammers. But wouldn't it be logical for them to hide and try to extract as much information out of the forum as possible?

Dude
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They understand that we exist,but our motivation tends to puzzle them.They can't understand that we are not being paid for this,and if not why we are doing it.As Bruin pointed out,they do pop up from time to time,but are usually spotted right away.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1. Would you sue if you were the guilty party?
2. We look forward to their visits Smile

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

biglebowski
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

doc holliday wrote:
They understand that we exist,but our motivation tends to puzzle them.They can't understand that we are not being paid for this,and if not why we are doing it.As Bruin pointed out,they do pop up from time to time,but are usually spotted right away.

Yeah I can imagine that such money-focused guys cannot fathom the business of anti-scammers Cool.
I certainly believe that they can be spotted by what they say (or their brilliant English skills Smile) - but they could also be passive sleepers that just read here and never saying anything. That would be my concern.
biglebowski
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fowan Nyne wrote:

Very well point Smile.
I just sometimes within a story - when the scammer tries SO HARD to be convincing to be a victim himself - think to myself that maybe he IS right at the beginning and didn't really damage someone (yet), and in a very rare case he could then theoretically sue me.

@asking money from scammers: I think it is probably the same as letting them ship sth to Europe or wherever. Both is on thin legal ground, so shouldn't that also be "banned" at least officially?
Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm completely new in this field - 2 weeks ago I didn't even know 419 scams exist Embarassed
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater!
Questions are good, biglebowski.
Do sign up for a mentor and read and above all, bait safe!
Alejandro
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

biglebowski wrote:
Fowan Nyne wrote:

Very well point Smile.
I just sometimes within a story - when the scammer tries SO HARD to be convincing to be a victim himself - think to myself that maybe he IS right at the beginning and didn't really damage someone (yet), and in a very rare case he could then theoretically sue me.

@asking money from scammers: I think it is probably the same as letting them ship sth to Europe or wherever. Both is on thin legal ground, so shouldn't that also be "banned" at least officially?
Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm completely new in this field - 2 weeks ago I didn't even know 419 scams exist Embarassed

Have you ever tried suing someone living in Nigeria or Saudi Arabia or Russia? The scammers live in entirely different countries. They would have A LOT of trouble suing you unless you lived in the same country, and if that was the case, they would lose their case.

Theoretically he could sue you, but theoretically you wouldn't have to go to the trial in Nigerian court (assuming that the court would even listen to the case, something I seriously doubt). Think of just how ridiculous it would be for a West African scammer to contact the US legal system, saying that he wants to sue an American for making him ship something to another country. He would either be laughed at or, if the person was kind, explained to that he couldn't sue over that.

"TESTMONIES ARE COMMING from all over the world about our pastor so don,t worry, you sickness must go soon,Chronic Sytheric Pnimthritis,is a serious sickness but it will disappear any moment from now, you don,t need to worry," - Ossy from Nigeria
TheLovelyJill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fundamentally there is no action on which to sue.

Your father was a coward and your mother a fagot - Barr G0ldsmith
You be jail soon let wait and see........ P0ntus
I no longer want to involve you in this transaction since I am beginning to see your cunny part.
i wasn't fucking gay until i married you - MM

- Trafalgar Square 2013
Golden Pith - Hector co-bait
Safari - Mr Ayo - Lagos-Porto-Novo (probably x3) "You lier. I will not for-give Because you waste my money. you lier."
Closed lad accounts x 236 Mortar Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic