SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Looking for a Netflix review. [Sorted]

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm looking at running Netflix in the following configuration as a family Christmas gift. Is anyone else running it this way?

Netflix>Interweb>WiFi>Wii>TV

A guy at work says it's the best thing since sliced bread, do you concur? TIA.

Last edited by Pastor Frank on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NetFlex is the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I had it installed so don't know the intricacies.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Did you have it installed in the configuration I mentioned, through Wifi to a Wii?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Wish I could tell ya. I just know it was installed and I was shown how to use it. But NetFlex is great! Nice watching movies that I would never pay money to see at the theater.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PF, I set up my daughter's house to run that way and also out in my RV. Works like a charm. I have also set it up Netflix to run through a Roku on a couple TVs.

Like Morgain, I think it is the bee's knees and pretty cool (though I like the Roku option best as I can also get VOD from Amazon and HuluPlus through the Roku vs just Netflix via the Wii.)

Whatcha wanna know exactly? Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Dr. Steve Forum
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've tried BBC iPlayer/YouTube through the Wii and found it a poor experience.
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Concerned about resolution considering the Wii has no true 1080p capapbilities (as I understand)?

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now you are talking over my head, Badger. You are probably right. The picture on the TV is good enough for me, but maybe not for others? I dunno.

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I myself am looking into it. My Wii came with the old RCA cable set up. I need to up grade it to the component or HDMI. I think it's processor only goes to 720 though. Digging.... Wink

Edit:

seems less:

Quote:
480p (PAL/NTSC), 480i (NTSC) or 576i (PAL/SECAM), standard 4:3 and 16:9 anamorphic widescreen[129]

However:

Rumors abound regarding and 8th Generation unit that will include HD and BlueRay technologies.

Must be OK though, you don't think Nextflix would do what they did to provide a crappy product, do ya?

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Last edited by Badgerbait on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I signed up for a free month, works like a charm. The "instant" movie selection seems a bit limited but the titles that are DVD only should be here in a day or two.

Thanks for the input.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How's the resolution? I'm very interested....

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have that HuluPlus so I can watch tv shows after they have aired and with minimal commercials.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
ateabanah
Gone fishin'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use Netflix through my Xbawks 360.

42'' 1080p LCD and it looks great. I use it through ethernet, but i suppose if you're using wireless N then it'll pretty much be the same. There isn't much of a latency issue there..Heck, even wireless G works great.
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My neighbor just ordered a wireless gizmo to stream Netflix from his computer to his TV. It is called a ROKU -HD Wireless Streaming Player. They have a website you can google & they are available on Amazon. He hasn't got it in yet though.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That's what I have, Skinner. (Along with the Wii.) Me and my daughters all have Rokus and love them. Netflix, Amazon Video on Demand, and Hulu Plus with the Roku. I never watch regular TV at all. Very Happy

A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Dora. How long have you had your Roku? I did read a few bad reviews. I'm sure thinking about getting one myself.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmmmm, probably close to a year now. I have set them up for my whole family -- 3 different locations with various configurations -- wifi and wired -- and different models. Never had a problem except a couple nights in the past year when Netflix had a blip, but they credited my account for a buck or so and I was happy.

I am not a technophile, so I don't really get into knowing about pixels and the such. If I can hook it up and the screen/picture looks good, I am happy. And yes, I am happy. Very Happy

The coolest thing for my situation? Me and my daughters live in 3 different states -- and their Rokus are both on my Netflix/Amazon VOD/Hulu accounts. So I pay for the monthly fee and they have no problem watching what they want to watch on their TVs far away from me. So when I take that into account, Netflix+Hulu monthly (less than $20.00)/3 households = win! Very Happy

What were the bad reviews saying? I honestly haven't had a problem, but I might use it less than the average person.

A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, Dora. I might have to invest in one of those. My understanding is that Netflix now has movies for $7.95/month. Many of Hula's are free.

The one complaint I remember had to do with a guy who had his go out after about a month of use. Then he called Roku and was connected to a guy in India who told him to they would send a new one. It never came so he called back & a guy told him to send his unit to them first. He just got poor customer service and the thing didn't last long.

If I get one I'll get back in touch with you.

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Yep, Netflix just got the plan that for On Demand only is that price. Hulu itself is free online, but for the Roku you need a Hulu Plus membership, and that is 8 or 9 bucks a month.

I purchased my Rokus through Amazon -- I got a Prime Membership there -- and I knew I could send them back if they broke initially and they would at least be willing to work with me if there were issues further down the line. (cause Amazon is just that good) Wink

Sure, let me know if you get one and have any questions.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic