SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Accidently caught a rental scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Busted2010
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, so I got a scammer responding to a genuine ad I posted on gumtree which incidently led me to this fab website!
Doesn't go on very long as I suspected immediately as it was written so poorly but I wanted to see how it would pan out.

[email protected]
to me

show details Nov 24 (8 days ago)
from <[email protected]>:

Hi,

I am offering a standard property,internet,garage and garden available.

Kindest Regards

George Butler

Standard property with internet??

Me
to butler.ge0rge..

show details Nov 24 (8 days ago)

Hi. Thanks for the reply. How much rent are you charging and
whereabouts is the house? Many thanks

Ge0rge Butler
to me

show details Nov 25 (7 days ago)

Hi,

I apologies for not replying you so fast,Just that i got busy with work after sending you the other email,The property is still available for rent,And in there are pictures of how the property looks like,But here are further elucidation about the property,The property is a building with beautiful surroundings,I so much believe it,s a property anybody will love to live in,Because it is kept very clean and well decorated in an attractive modern style,It is a property with a classic spacious living room,With TWO master bedrooms which has an in built bathrooms and toilets,Including it,s standard kitchen, A kitchen every lady will love to make use of,My wife never wanted us to vacate the property due to the settings of the kitchen.It is a kitchen every lady will love to cook in,And the property has every necessary homely facilities you might be in need of,The property comprises of reception hallway, large bright lounge with a dining space,Also with luxury fully integrated kitchen, Separated bedrooms, Both with fitted wardrobes master with en suite shower room with designer sanitary ware, Separate bathroom with over bath shower and utility cupboard. Gas central heating. Double glazing.Private residents parking space.As well as you won,t have to worry about the location of the property,Because it is located in a preferable area,with very good transport link.

The Rent ............520 per month

Deposit .........500

Regards

George

_________

Good transport links is there?? The village the "property is in" does not have any transport links! At this point his attaches some showhome pictures.

Me
to George

show details Nov 29 (3 days ago)

Hi George
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, for some reason this went to my spam folder!
Wow, the house looks lovely! My daughter is only 2 though and I would be a bit worried she might draw on the walls or something!
Would we be able to come and view the house?
Many thanks

Ge0rge Butler
to me

show details Nov 30 (2 days ago)

Hi,

I apologies for not replying you so fast,But there will be no problem viewing the property,I am always available any time after 4pm during the week days and any time during the week end,so just fix a precise date and time and let me know,But before then i will have to be sure of you been willing and ready to get the property and perhaps been capable of the rent bill,so i will need a proof before then.

Regards

Harry

George seems to be having an identity crisis!

Me
to George

Dear George/Harry
Thanks for your reply. My rent etc would be paid by the government as I am entitled to housing benefit.

Ge0rge Butler
to me

I am talking about the deposit and what you have to provide is very simple,I am just in need of a confirmation proof,And these is due to some previous predicament that i have gone through in the past,Trying to rent the property to some student,I have got to realize so many people are not really in need of a property at the moment,All they do is secure a place in advance,My last experience in trying to rent the property to a particular lady,Got me to predicate on these,She made me believe she was willing and ready to get the property,She even went to the extend of showing me her statement of account,Which made me took her for the viewing,But after taking her for the viewing,She saw the property and got to love it and never wanted to loose it,So she kept pleading i retain it for her because she wasn't financially composed at the moment,Which i did because i did pity are situation,But it all ended up disastrously.
So basically for me to be sure of you been willing and ready to get the property i will implore you walk into any Western Union or Money Gram outlet and send the bills to any of your friend or your partner via Western Union or Money Gram,Or your partner should send it to you,All i need is for you to get back to me with a scan copy of the receipt issued to you after making the transaction so i can confirm it,And as soon as i can confirm these i will get back to you immediately,And then your partner can go and withdraw the money back for you,But i have to confirm it first,After this we can have a rendezvous to meet right immediately and view the property,I hope you understand,Well you can call me if you need me to explain better,07024044128,Thanks.

Regards

George

It amazes me than anyone ever falls for this trick

Me
to George

Dearest Geogia
Thanks for the rply.
Seems a reasonable request. I will bring the receipt to the viewing as discussed. I will see you at the property at 4.30pm this afternoon.
Please confirm the house number for me.
Many thanks

Ge0rge Butler
to me

Can i have your contact number,so i can keep in touch with you,also give me a call when you get it done.

Ok so I've had enough now and decide to mess with him by pretending that we'd had a telecon.

Me
to George

Dearly Georgie
I am confused as when I called you this afternoon I thought I made it clear that I was calling from a phonebox as I do not have a phone at home.
Unfortunately, I can no longer make the meeting this afternoon, I do apologise.
However, I have attached a copy of the receipt and hope that we can rearrange for tomorrow you cocksucker. Eatshit and die mofo.
Kind regards

I attached something called a WU receipt number but actually it was a picture of some penis', I hope that he enjoyedit!!
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please end this bait immediately!!! This person seems to have your real life details

If you want to bait him, start over with a new and totally bogus gmail account, fake details and a new "approach" to the bait.

Have fun - but always always always bait safe....

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Busted2010
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I said at the beginning of my post, I wasn't scam baiting - didn't even know what that was, it was a genuine advert. Never heard from him again after I sent him the penis pic!
nellywelly
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well well, Snap, I have had the pleasure of receiving contact to a rental ad I placed with gumtree from someone called Chris and surprisingly his emails to me are identicle, why are people so sad. [email protected] with a phone number 07024044128, last going off was my request for a copy of the rental agreement for my solicitor to read and OH! no reply to that one BUTTTTTT I have a new enquiry from [email protected] and wow if your gonna scam someone at least be original guys for goodness sake.

I will be forwarding the emails to gumtree

Didn't know this website existed and had never heard of "baiting" before but I guess it goes on.

Keep up the good work on here guys
Alejandro
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't believe anyone falls for that either. These kinds of scams are the ones that make me scratch my head the most. Who would pay money for a place they have never even seen/looked through... and with WU or MG for that matter? His reasoning didn't make sense either.

"TESTMONIES ARE COMMING from all over the world about our pastor so don,t worry, you sickness must go soon,Chronic Sytheric Pnimthritis,is a serious sickness but it will disappear any moment from now, you don,t need to worry," - Ossy from Nigeria
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Over at Scam Warners there are dozens of rental scams which work just the same.
However, due to the particularly bad English of this lad, you did not understand his trick:
He wants proof that you will be able to pay. So he suggests you send a certain amount to *a relative of yours* and mail him the scan of the transfer document.
And here is the snag: With the code and question + answer ANYBODY, ANYWHERE is allowed to pick up the cash, no matter if on the document is says "Auntie Jean in Edinburgh". You have no idea how many people have fallen for it.

Oh, and welcome to 419eater!

Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@nellywelly
Would you please PM the email addresses and scripts so that I can investigate. They might all look the same to you but I see them like fingerprints...

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

nellywelly
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fowan Nyne wrote:
@nellywelly
Would you please PM the email addresses and scripts so that I can investigate. They might all look the same to you but I see them like fingerprints...

both email addresses are in my post above and I will forward the scripts by PM shortly, and unforturnately he has found a tenant PMSL Rolling Eyes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic