SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

fxtriumph.com

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TheL0neRanger
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Site: http://fxtriumph.com
Company: FXTriumph
IP Address: 65.60.53.114
Whois:
Code:
Registrant Contact:
   Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
   Whois Agent ()

Fax:
   PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
   C/O fxtriumph.com
   Bellevue, WA 98007
   US

Administrative Contact:
   Whois Agent ()
   +1.4252740657
   Fax: +1.4259744730
   C/O fxtriumph.com
   Bellevue, WA 98007
   US

Technical Contact:
   Whois Agent ()
   +1.4252740657
   Fax: +1.4259744730
   C/O fxtriumph.com
   Bellevue, WA 98007
   US

Name Servers:
   ns1.pipedns.com
   ns2.pipedns.com

Creation date: 20 Aug 2010 11:06:00
Expiration date: 20 Aug 2011 06:06:00

Hotlinked Image:

Reason for suspected fraud:

Initial email:
Quote:
Hello,

you receive this email because you gave us or any of our partners permission
to send you information about investment opportunities.

Perhaps the managed forex account services of www.fxtriumph.com could be of
interest to you. Their accounts consist of sophisticated trading
strategies which have
generated stable positive results in the past.

Even better, for a limited time they lowered the required minimum
deposit to $3.000!

Check their website www.fxtriumph.com for more information and performance
report on trading results.

The promotional lowered minimum deposit is limited until november 30th. So, make
sure to check it out soon.

Best regards
managedaccounts4forex.com

Marina Towers
Newton Barracks Road
Belize City, Belize
mailto: [email protected]

RISK DISCLAIMER: Trading on the Forex market and/or investing into forex managed accounts involves substantial risks, including complete possible loss of funds and other losses and is not suitable for all the investors. Investors should make an independent judgement on managed forex accounts as to whether trading and/or forex fund management is appropriate for him/her in light of his/her financial condition, investment experience, risk tolerance and other factors.

This email was in my SPAM folder and it peaked my interest - a Czech company creating the site - said website creation company showing an "under construction" page - a phone number on "Contact" page to UK - a Belize address on the email - a different email address (managedaccounts4forex.com) than the fxtriumph - both of which are "managed" by the same private WhoIs company, both managedaccounts4forex and fxtriumph hosted in different sites - no actual company contact info on the fxtriumph sites, just emails and a UK phone - it just FEELS slimy/fake.

Questions - should I contact to determine what they're after? My assumption is simple fraud ("send us your money and we'll manage it for you").

Nothing in 419 or aa419 on this domain. What should I do next?
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fun!! jump_4_joy

You're right, you have two domains, actually. This one's mentioned in the email:
Quote:
Domain Name: MANAGEDACCOUNTS4FOREX.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS2191.HOSTGATOR.COM
Name Server: NS2192.HOSTGATOR.COM
Updated Date: 08-oct-2010
Creation Date: 08-oct-2010
Expiration Date: 08-oct-2011

Both domains are one-year cloaked registrations.

Do you have headers for the email you received? If so, let's see where it leads. Or you can respond to them with "I'm interested, tell me more" and see what comes back. Either way, headers are very helpful.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
TheL0neRanger
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, the managedaccounts4forex is a bit more primitive, but made roughly at the same time. Oh what a tangled web these scammers do weave.

Here are the headers from the original email:

Code:
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.204.81.37 with SMTP id v37cs328441bkk;
        Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:26:44 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.150.49.12 with SMTP id w12mr10447907ybw.422.1291044402699;
        Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:26:42 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from gateway05.websitewelcome.com (gateway05.websitewelcome.com [67.18.21.3])
        by mx.google.com with SMTP id p18si13957493ybk.31.2010.11.29.07.26.42;
        Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:26:42 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 67.18.21.3 as permitted sender) client-ip=67.18.21.3;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 67.18.21.3 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: (qmail 14399 invoked from network); 29 Nov 2010 15:25:38 -0000
Received: from gator1096.hostgator.com (174.120.180.66)
  by gateway05.websitewelcome.com with SMTP; 29 Nov 2010 15:25:38 -0000
Received: from 60.116-64-87.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be ([87.64.116.60]:59499 helo=Michael-PC1)
   by gator1096.hostgator.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.69)
   (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
   id 1PN5cj-0000ua-NS; Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:26:38 -0600
Subject: Investment Opportunity: Managed Forex Account
To: "Managed FX Accounts" <[email protected]>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
   boundary="----=_NextPart_646_A616_D6A69657.9636B630"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Reply-To: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:27:07 +0100
Message-Id: <2010112916265766CFC52645$15C9C528A4@MICHAELPC>
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - gator1096.hostgator.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - gmail.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - managedaccounts4forex.com
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:

Hmm.. the IP 87.64.116.60 is Belgium.

So we have a Belize address, a Czech web template company, a UK phone number, US hosting and a Belgium source for the original email. I feel like I'm on a virtual Carmen Sandiego!

EDITED TO ADD - I can email them or contact them thru the site. Perhaps both and see what I get?
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure, why not? I would do both (make sure you're being safe, of course Wink). Or maybe one method from one account, and the other from a different one. That would pinpoint them.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
TheL0neRanger
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheFae wrote:
Sure, why not? I would do both (make sure you're being safe, of course Wink). Or maybe one method from one account, and the other from a different one. That would pinpoint them.

Two emails sent to each domain from gmail accounts. I didn't want to trust the website - it posts to an html page and I didn't want to go there.
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Well done. Let us know what you get. Thumbs up

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
TheL0neRanger
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No response yet to emails to either domain.

If I don't get a response, how would I go about investigating this further? My gut says it's a fake, front for fraud, but no proof.
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Might I ask where the evidence of AFF is in all of this?

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
TheL0neRanger
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

music man wrote:
Might I ask where the evidence of AFF is in all of this?

See above - just has characteristics - the email as well seemed indicative of some potential fraud:

Quote:
Hello,

you receive this email because you gave us or any of our partners permission
to send you information about investment opportunities.

Perhaps the managed forex account services of www.fxtriumph.com could be of
interest to you. Their accounts consist of sophisticated trading
strategies which have
generated stable positive results in the past.

Even better, for a limited time they lowered the required minimum
deposit to $3.000!

Check their website www.fxtriumph.com for more information and performance
report on trading results.

The promotional lowered minimum deposit is limited until november 30th. So, make
sure to check it out soon.

Best regards
managedaccounts4forex.com

Marina Towers
Newton Barracks Road
Belize City, Belize
mailto: [email protected]

Many addresses, little actual contact info like a real firm would have - cloaked 1 year registrations - it just has that feel to it? It might be legit, that's why I'm trying to dig into it and see. If there's a way I can confirm one way or the other, I'd be happy to do it!

The "news" on the website also makes me suspicious:

Quote:
Almost 200% profit

With successful month of November behind, the basic accounts are currently close to reaching the 200% profit in the year of 2010. As this barrier will most probably not be reached this year. It is still success to be this close this year.

Possible Ponzi front?
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@TheL0neRanger

My personal take is more likely some form of "boiler room" operation.Belize is a known location for such "businesses" Your suggestion re ponzi is also quite likely.

However, this forum is about shutting down fake banks/couriers etc used for AFF. Probably the best place for this is Miscellaneous Scams.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
TheL0neRanger
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought it was for fake sites as well. My apologies. Embarassed Thanks for redirecting me. Would you be able to move this thread there?
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi TheL0neRanger and welcome to Eater and the Fake Bank Forum!

Yes, we do kill fake sites here too in addition to the fake banks and such, but we direct our killing to the sites/domains that are being used for 419 Advanced Fee Fraud primarily. (Like music man explained.)

Work at home sites, phishing sites, malware sites, electronics sites or sites used for pyramid/ponzi schemes can all be fraudulent and yet, we don't specifically work on them here in this forum. Some of those belong in other fora here on Eater and some are better suited over at aa419.org, where they deal with many types of fraudulent/scam domains.

So you have done nothing wrong with posting here, it might just may be something we don't deal with in the Fake Bank forum. Always better to post it up and get it evaluated by others, than to not post it up at all. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
TheL0neRanger
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DoraTheExplorer wrote:
Hi TheL0neRanger and welcome to Eater and the Fake Bank Forum!

Thanks!

DoraTheExplorer wrote:
So you have done nothing wrong with posting here, it might just may be something we don't deal with in the Fake Bank forum. Always better to post it up and get it evaluated by others, than to not post it up at all. Very Happy

Yup, that's why I posted it here - always feel slightly dumb when I don't figure easy stuff like that out on my own - LOL - probably from being abused on Usenet a time or two...
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We'll try not to abuse you too much here on Eater -- we save that for the lads. Wink

And don't feel dumb or embarrassed at all! I still mess things up here a bit and still don't know exactly what I am doing half the time. But the site killers are cool people and will always help (as are the rest of the Eater members). Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I thought it was for fake sites as well. My apologies

No need for apologies! For anyone new to the forum its probably a fair assumption. Dora is right in what she says- however i'm not sure that aa149 would be the right home for this one either. They are a somewhat broader church than us but they shy away from ponzi/boiler room stuff as well. I would probably pointed you to cattyshaq.com but that site went down Crying or Very sad some time ago.

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Just to clarify music man, I wasn't neccessarily recommending this for aa419 -- just indicating their scope is larger than ours.

L0neRanger, if this thread just goes to Misc. Scams, it becomes googeable -- and that helps others that might be concerned about the legitimacy of the site or whether it is on the up-and-up. Very Happy

TheL0neRanger
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DoraTheExplorer wrote:
L0neRanger, if this thread just goes to Misc. Scams, it becomes googeable -- and that helps others that might be concerned about the legitimacy of the site or whether it is on the up-and-up. Very Happy

Then I've done my job.

I'm still waiting to see if I get any sort of response from them and then to see how far I could bait them along to get info.

Thanks again and this is good info for future people who may also have a site like this to look into.
TheL0neRanger
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I finally heard from these guys.

You ever sniffed around the edges of a bait and realized this was probably out of your league? Yea, I'm thinking this one is dealing with boiler room operations or guys that are looking to skim a lot of money - the PDF I got was full of emails but no phone numbers, no nothing.

I'm gonna let it drop. I'm not going to step into this without some sort of mentoring on exposing a scam of this type.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic