SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New and I've recently got a scam in my inbox!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The Snapper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've gotten these before, but I'm always amused to see these pop up. I've heard of eater before and lurked here for quite some time, but decided to join because of the recent scam. I thought I would share. Even if I got it in my actual email inbox could I respond to it from a fake account? I've never scambaited before. Can I post the email?

Snapper
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the site Snapper.... Laughing

Do not reply from a real life email address get an IP stripping email account (Hushmail or Gmail)

Read the stickies and Eater Uni.. Laughing

If you wish to post it could you do that here

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

Also apply for a mentor here

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

Have fun and Bait safe............. Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^What the nasty European said. At least he's not a Canadian, so I would trust about 52% of what he said.

Welcome to Eater.

** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the lair, enjoy your stay.

Baiting/sitekilling numbers:

United Kingdom x 56 Ghana x 6 South Africa x 2 x 2 United States x 5 Malaysia x 8 Spain x 8 Ireland x 2 Canada x 3 Malta Australia Ivory Coast Nigeria x 2 Benin x 2 Cambodia Flag Indonesia Burkina Faso

Closed lad accounts x 21 Easter Egg 2011

Photo trophies x 2, Forms filled x 11, Baited domains x 9, Writing pieces x 2

"Ok i want to be addressed like felon Musa Songo." - Musa Songo
"This your transaction is giving me heart failure" - EFCC
"YOU ARE A BIG FOOL AND AN IDIOT. DO NOT EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN. YOU ANIMAL." - Kojo Smith
"STOP FOULING YOURSELF JOHN." - Rodney Lloyd
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
^^What the nasty European said. At least he's not a Canadian, so I would trust about 52% of what he said.

There's me thinking you were a great mentor ........... Laughing

Mortar x 100

Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
The Snapper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys!

I've been poking around my inboxes and saw even more scams. I've read the stickies and I applied for a mentor. I'm a little apprehensive in starting this, as I'm not sure what to do. One of the things I should do is get another email account, but I'm a little unsure what I should say...
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
One of the things I should do is get another email account

Yes that is a priority,

For the initial email keep it short something like

I'm interested , tell me more,

The lad will not read your reply as for the first few emails he will be sticking to a script, once you get him off-script that's when it can be fun.. Laughing

As for a mentor one should be along shortly, the CMP is excellent so you should not have to wait for long.

Mortar x 100

Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't worry about him cross-referencing back to your original email address, but you can say he originally wrote to you at work, and you're replying from home if it makes you feel easier.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While waiting on my mentor I've set up two email accounts and have tried to start two different baits.
The Snapper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok...I wanted to see if I ca n use some of the baits in the surplus forum. Couple of questions....

Can I use the same character for more than 1 bait? Do I have to notify someone if I'm using a bait in the surplus forum? Like replying that I'm going to use it or something?
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Snapper, welcome to Eater!

Of course you can use the same character with multiple lads/baits -- most baiters do. My Janey is an accountant for herself, and also does freelance work for other baiters working with their lads at the same time. My Leslie character is a sweet grandma in some baits, to an ex-Army sniper from Nam with a horrible foul-mouth in another bait, and is also a church-going council member in another bait.

And any of the lads in the Surplus Forum are free for you to use and abuse in your baits -- no need to notify anyone that you are using them. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
The Snapper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks!

I've noticed that some of the initial emails that the lads send want you to send them First Name, Fax, Sex, Age..etc...I don't want to create phone and fax numbers..etc and actually talk to them...how do I get around these?
Dr. Steve Forum
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Use fake/fictional/joke numbers, don't give them (no phone-lines in the area, I'm deaf, etc.) or use a service like K7, FlexTel, etc. that give you a free phone number that will forward on voicemails as an email (or some can forward to a real number without revealing it).
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Snapper, if you are in the US, you can get a K7 number that you can give the lads and they can leave voicemails on that. You can also get a Google Voice number and give them that. You never have to actually answer the calls -- they can leave messages and you can come up with reasons you never return their call.

http://www.k7.net/

(If you are outside the US, there are similar services you can use.)

I just tell them I don't have a fax (how many people really do?) and if I am in a mood, when they ask about sex -- I tell them it is none of their business how often I have sex (or I tell them 'often'). Laughing

As far as addresses -- make one up that sounds legit, but isn't. You can use this http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ to help. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
The Snapper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks! I've got quite a few baits I'm trying to get off the ground. One bait seems to be one of those refugee/love scam thingies. Their asking for my name, age and phone #. I can give them the k7 or whatever, but a few questions.

I'm actually based in the US. My character is Greek. The K7 generic voice address is an automated American man. I can't leave a voice message for a few reasons. One, I'm not Greek. I have a speech impediment and I'm a girl. What should I do about the whole phone deal?

When is a good time to give those details out or not give them at all?

In another bait I got going, the lad went through the script and asked for the whole age, sex, phone #, address, name...etc...and I asked a few dumb questions and by email 4 said that my business partner didn't want to give out company information without taking to the company lawyer first and made up an email for the lawyer. Haven't heard anything back. Was that too soon?

Thanks again!
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ The Snapper Dangnabbit. I had my hopes up when I saw the word "Greek" - Man, O, Man, I was starting to drool about Greek food!! Sad
Lachesis
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I'm a fellow novice baiter, but I have a bait going on ~3 weeks and I haven't talked on the phone at all, and my lad hasn't hinted at needing phone contact at all.

Doesn't matter about the k7 voicemail imo, could be that you are too lazy to change the default message etc. I have never talked with a lad and it'll be a while before I spring for Skype, if it all. Also if you really need a voice standin I find that plenty of people on this forum will be glad to do so.

Don't be discouraged about losing your first couple of baits, happens all the time. That said I've had random lads contact me 2 weeks after dropping me like nothing has happened. And I've managed to get a lad back on the hook after he wrote in ALL CAPS that THIS IS MY LAST EMAIL TO YOU. The lesson is that so long as lads smell money they will run back to you.

Generally for the first 3-5 emails of the conversation I shy away from introducing new characters. Once the lad has a bit of time invested in you, you can safely afford to ramp up the complexity (20-30 e-mails in on one of my lads and I've introduced 4 separate characters).

It does seem to me that you should reply to him with part of the "company information" which should bring the bait back to life.

There are of course the lads who will drop you at any hint of delay but they seem to be fairly rare and you just have to deal with it.

Good luck!

Baiting/sitekilling numbers:

United Kingdom x 56 Ghana x 6 South Africa x 2 x 2 United States x 5 Malaysia x 8 Spain x 8 Ireland x 2 Canada x 3 Malta Australia Ivory Coast Nigeria x 2 Benin x 2 Cambodia Flag Indonesia Burkina Faso

Closed lad accounts x 21 Easter Egg 2011

Photo trophies x 2, Forms filled x 11, Baited domains x 9, Writing pieces x 2

"Ok i want to be addressed like felon Musa Songo." - Musa Songo
"This your transaction is giving me heart failure" - EFCC
"YOU ARE A BIG FOOL AND AN IDIOT. DO NOT EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN. YOU ANIMAL." - Kojo Smith
"STOP FOULING YOURSELF JOHN." - Rodney Lloyd

Last edited by Lachesis on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
The Snapper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lachesis wrote:
Well I'm a fellow novice baiter but I have a bait going on ~3 weeks and I haven't talked on the phone at all, and my lad hasn't hinted at needing phone contact at all.

Doesn't matter about the k7 voicemail imo, could be that you are too lazy to change the default message etc. I have never talked with a lad and it'll be a while before I spring for Skype, if it all. Also if you really need a voice standin I find that plenty of people on this forum will be glad to do so.

Don't be discouraged about losing your first couple of baits, happens all the time. That said I've had random lads contact me 2 weeks after dropping me like nothing has happened. And I've managed to get a lad back on the hook after he wrote in ALL CAPS that THIS IS MY LAST EMAIL TO YOU. The lesson is that so long as lads smell money they will run back to you.

Generally for the first 3-5 emails of the conversation I shy away from introducing new characters. Once the lad has a bit of time invested in you, you can safely afford to ramp up the complexity (20-30 e-mails in on one of my lads and I've introduced 4 separate characters).

It does seem to me that you should reply to him with part of the "company information" which should bring the bait back to life.

There are of course the lads who will drop you at any hint of delay but they seem to be fairly rare and you just have to deal with it.

Good luck!

Ok, thanks!
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater Snapper! You are doing great by the sounds of it. As far as introducing the company lawyer goes it is a great idea to introduce new charecters. It can help legitimize yourself as a victim. Very similar to what lads do ALL the time to try and legitimize thier script. To answer you question it may have been a bit too soon but hey you will never know until you try right. The payment stage may be the best time to do this but trial and error are best two teachers I know. Not to discredit the wonderful mentors here at eater of course.

If it seems dead just start a new bait with a new charecter.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic