SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Romance scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BITTEN ONCE
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi I am new to this particular site.
I was scammed a couple of years ago and still out for revenge :twisted:
I have checked every dating site that this guy could be on and have found him on a few and reported him.
He changes his profile on each site but the same description but the age changes, probably to attract a specific age.
He is in Ghana West Africa he was good. I was unaware of scams back then and felt sorry for him. The stories were coming thick and fast for the first few months. He was hungry, he was ill, he had been robbed, his mother was in hospital needing an operation. On the occassions that he said his mother was really ill he even gave me the name of the doctor.
How stupid did I feel? well that it an understatement. I rang the hospital and found that there wasn't anyone by the name given and then the bell rang in my head. I played along with him for a while but he got into my heart. I sent money, I sent a mobile phone and kept him in business I guess. Now I am educated and want to pass my knowledge on to those women out there that think there is love and romance on these sites. I wasn't looking for romance just wanted to chat to someone different OH YEAH HE WAS DIFFERENT. I changed my email address as he would email me apologising and repenting his sins hahahahah. He kept saying he was sorry and that he fell in love with me. Oh really how can they be inlove with you when you haven't been with them. The word love is used too frequently and abused.
I will endeavour to put my thoughts forward on any scamming site so that other people will know that all is not real out there.
This site is great, keep up the good work.
Bitten Once
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe this is the forum you were looking for:
Love/Dating Scams
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=44

There you will find tips on how to bait romance scam as well as very helpful information as well.

Anyway, welcome to Eater BITTEN ONCE! Get a mentor, bait safe and read ALL the stickies. Wink

As a rule of thumb: DO NOT bait your own scammer. Pass him along to us and we will be bait him for you, while in the meantime you can have another lad you can torture.

If you want to find lads be sure to check out the Surplus forum.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi BITTEN ONCE, and welcome to Eater!

So sorry to hear you were scammed -- not just out of money and things, but of your heart. Romance scammers suck. Evil or Very Mad

I am glad you are ready to share your story and it will help others from being scammed or help them realize they aren't alone in being scammed. If you have any of the old emails from your scammer, please go over to our sister site, ScamWarners and post the details over there. It will help others so much. http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/index.php

Thanks for sharing your story -- many people aren't so brave. I commend you! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
BITTEN ONCE
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thank you Dora for replying and commending me. I have heaps of stories about these romance scammers and have been posting most of them on Romance Scams over the past few years. It makes me sad when I hear of other women been scammed out of their life savings and fallen for all the tricks of these nasty pieces of works.
I almost felt sorry for them once having to survive and find something to eat, but if they got off their bums and tried working a real job then maybe they would realize that working for a living is much more rewarding. Even though we are talking 3rd world countries there are ones that do go out and find something honest to do with their time. Its the way of the world now with the internet unfortunately. But scamming hasn't just started its been going on for many years. The internet has just given these people a cheaper, easier way to get into people's private domain (your lounge room, study or whatever) and rip you off.
I have confidence that there are decent people around and if the internet is used wisely we can make good friends.
I will read and submit till my brain stops working.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic