SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A few questions from a newb.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
hp_lovecraft10
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1. Do you recommend live chatting with the lads? And could this be a substitute for a phone call?
2. What IM service could I use that hides my IP?
3. Would two different lads use the same format and the same name with similar email accounts? i.e. Both scammers use a format telling me to contact a guy named bill but one says to email bill1 AT web.com, the other provides bill2 AT web.com. Or is this probably the same scammer?
Does anyone else have problems sleeping because they can't quit plotting Twisted Evil
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure, I don't do it but there are many baiters who does. Some lads will however insist on a phone conversation as it gives them the assurance that you are serious. But i'd guess that chat could be seen as a substitute in some cases.

Gmail, Fastmail and Hushmail all hides your IP from the lads. And i know that it is possible to chat via gmail at least.

Hard to tell but what you can do is to check out their IP addresses. Ifthey don't match up the lads are not the same.
But i'd say that there are many lads using the same script and i have seen scripts with only a different name.
If you do find two different lads using the same script you can use that to mess with them.

And yes i have been loosing sleep at times Very Happy

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

#3 you can't tell for sure without checking the IP addresses, but it us likely to be the same lad- they often set up dozens of boxes in order to separate their boxes in case they lose one or two they still have some victims.

Some lads love theIM as they don't sound unlike their characters add they can with a phone call, although I'd suggest a quick call going " hello? Hello? Hello? x here I will email you. Hello?" can work wonders. And lads are used to crappy phone reception, this will be totally normal to them.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had lads who insist on chats because they are too lazy to call me (or can't afford it). I think either a chat or phone call with lads can sometimes make or break the deal. But there are members here who have had very successful baits without doing either.

Chats and calls put more work on the baiter, and we're supposed to make the lad do all the work. But in some cases, it's worth the time and effort to keep the bait going.

I finally called back a lad tonight to save a bait. He is totally hooked now. Took me 2 minutes on the phone.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
hp_lovecraft10
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought that the gmail chat could only be used if the other person also had gmail? Or are you talking about google talk? Does google talk hide the IP?

For the phone calls would it be cheaper to get a prepaid cell and forward through Google voice? or would skype be cheaper? Also can you record w/ a cellphone?

Thanks for all of the answers so far!
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So far as I know Gmail chat is chat with other gmail users. And the same with Yahoo users. If you are a Mac user, you can use .mac and chat with Yahoo.

If you have Skype, I think you have a bunch of options.

For phone calls: I prefer Skype, but that's me. I don't have a cell phone and all my calls are done via my Mac and my iSight camera and speakers (the iSight has built-in mic).

I have no advice so far as cell phone recording.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you just want to receive calls then a trac phone or similar will be cheaper. The google voice forwarding is a good idea too so you can add numbers as you need and have them forwarded to your throw away phone. This would really come in handy if your baiting a lad from multiple characters of course you have to have the ability to change your voice.

I use skype, a trac phone and a voip app for my iPhone which allows me to record calls it is called callrec.me. I think there are call recording options on windows and android phones im just not sure if they work as voip or only with you cell number.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
hp_lovecraft10
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there anyway to record a call w/ a tracphone? Google voice has a feature but it plays an automated message telling the lad they are being recorded. I suppose if nothing else I could put them on speaker phone.
ateabanah
Gone fishin'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Note that this may be a little over the top for most practical uses, however if someone REALLY wants to hide from the bad guys.

For nearly ANY secure communications, you can follow these steps:
1) Download Pidgin (Or a portable version for flash drives or if you don't want to install.)
2) Download Tor vidalia bundle
3) Configure Pidgin to use the SOCKS proxy provided by Tor.

*I'm at work and most of these sites are blocked so i can't verify em at the moment :[
*Pidgin uses numerous chat protocols. Yahoo, Google, Myspace, Facebook, MSN, Jabber, you name it. All secure through SOCKS.
*Any program that can use a SOCKS proxy, can be configured to work with tor. Use Google to find out how, or PM me and i can help if you need help. This can include filesharing programs, Firefox, etc.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

#1: No, I wouldn't do it. That would be giving them more control over the process than they would have if I kept them on email. My excuse for not chatting with them is that every time I do that, I get hit up on by perverts wanting sexual favors.

#2: I can't add to the previous answers

#3: Yes. Lads are lazy. Stealing a format and running with it is less work than coming up with one on their own.

And sometimes, I'm preoccupied with how I'm going to steer a bait, but I try not to lose sleep over it.

Key word. "Try". Laughing

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic