SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My First Text Scam!?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everyone,
Been a while since I've been back on the forum. Been busy but still managing a bit of baiting with success.
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but I received my first text scam yesterday (on my RL mobile).
as follows:-
Congratulations. Your mobile have been won US$7.8M for Common Wealth Games Int'L Award.To claim contact Mrs.A.Bellver via:[email protected]

This is exact copy. Sender is (no name) CWGAWARD
I'm presuming it must be a scam but never received via text message before? What do you think?
Cheers!
Bigtime Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
I dont have anergy for all this shit anymore, i have been doing this for the past 9years of my life wiithout any problems about any of my accounts so i really do not know how to handle this situation anymore. - Lauar - 2 Piggies!(first complete bait).
bumsnacks
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know here in the states it is a small but growing trend. What I have seen is the message is something more along the line of a phishing text. I even receied one asking me to reply to verify my account details of my credit union account. I work there. Rolling Eyes
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Never encountered one like that! I'm sure its similar to any other just sent by mass sms. Still baitable, just don't mention the cell number ever again when you start the email process. I doubt highly there will be anyway for the lad to track what text went where.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic