SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How did you get your lad arrested?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
PEECE
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you've gotten a scammer arrested, please post the story here for our entertainment and education!
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure if that should be posted here in this forum, where lads are able to read it. They could get educated. It's best if we leave them in their dreamworld where they think they are untouchable.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
PEECE
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I read somewhere that there some parts of the forum are not public. Could people post their stories there for members only?
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are right, some forums (such as the hints forum) can't be googled.

The problem is, from time to time lads do sign up here, and then they can see those forums (except the premium forum, they would actually have to pay for a premium membership to see that, which they won't do).

While we are pretty good at spotting lads, there are times when we mods can't immediately be certain, and we need to wait for them to make a move before banning them--and they can be reading everything in site while we are waiting.

Associate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The parts of the forum that are not public are ones like Scambaiting Help, Hints & Tips, which is behind a log-in, and Premium, which is only open to members who sign up to support Eater. Those cannot be accessed by anyone who is not registered, unlike this Main Scambaiting Forum which is open.

Getting a lad arrested is not exactly easy, and rarely even mildly amusing. Basically it takes a lot of work and even more luck, and a cooperative law enforcement officer. Frankly such stories make for pretty boring reading because they're so tedious! Laughing

Edit: Ninja-ed by Dorothy!

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe you mean, Main and General are open and searchable by spiders, etc.

That would mean everything below would be members only (we know however that some lads do try to sign up.

There's always the safety of premium.

<Ninja'd to pieces by Mods!!!!>

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Last edited by Badgerbait on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
PEECE
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well bummer, I guess this thread won't fly.
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^

Have you ever thought that the people who have managed to get someone arrested might not want to boast about it Question

You know how modest the members here can be........ Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be like someone who is a protected witness talking on nationwide TV without the "blur" or voice enchancement.

Thanks for all or you.

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey I've been arrested before and I'm boasting it YAY!! Very Happy

But that's not the point, even if they say they got arrested, can you really believe them? I had one lad who said his "associate" was arrested at his bank cause he got mad and quite arguative when his "transfer" was non-existant. I like to think it actually happened, but than other than his BS word, how could I prove it happened?

Best thing to do is just play them along and waste their time.

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tongue depressors. Lots of tongue depressors. Laughing

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

pi_eyed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My lad recently claimed that he was pulled up at a the border checkpoint between Benin and Nigeria, pushed around behind the guardpost and relieved of his cash by corrupt cops.

Does this count as an arrest??

If so do you think that the border cops would be willing to corroborate the story in order for me to get a badge on my siggy line??

Hmmm. Maybe not.

Seriously though folks. When sending fake bank reports to hosts and registrars, I used to include the serious fraud office email address given on the aa419 sticky.

I don't bother anymore. I never got a squeak out of them.

I can't really see that we can ever expect any sort of co-operation from law enforcement.

Baiting makes us witty jokers and gives us lots of laughs. But any further action could perhaps be seen as vigilanteism.

YES, I INTEND TO BE A COMPLETE TOSSER
Godwin Eluwa

HERE IS MY ERECT LINE YOU CAN RING ME ANY TIME @ +229 xxxxxxx
-British High Commission

My tel is a special comforwarded line and there is no way it will not ring globaly.
-Bainoo

Why are you referring me as Barrister Buttplug to discredit me? Is it because this name appears on every email I send to you.
-Guess who

Safari Tosser Johnson. A Tosser's Tale Lagos-Cotonou Safari Lagos-Lome Sand Timer

United Kingdom x 26 Malaysia Ghana Ivory Coast South Africa Cellphone x 9 Closed lad accounts x mucho Easter Egg 2013
ateabanah
Gone fishin'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why are scammers able to read ANY of these forums..

It kind of makes me want to not post anything in the open. l33t or not. Shouldn't it at least be worth it to make them create accts to read forums? I'm 67.5% sure they, or a few of them at least, know about us. With a few 1 to 5 post accounts i've seen.

I know the nigerian scammers are idiots. And unlikely they'll ever come together and organize within the next 5 years.

but still..
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How do we weed out the scammers? They are worldwide.

The lack of enforcement is the mail reason for the success of this fraud.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My goodness. It is up to us to keep the lads paranoid not vice versa.

Those who wear Green and Red protect us from lads who, in a very temporary manner, occaisionally find us. Most I have seen is 2-3 in a two month period with only about two posts to their names they are aparently gone before their accounts are a few hours old. That is mine own observation.

We have an OUTSTANDING team here.

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Why are scammers able to read ANY of these forums..

Not only do we have an excellent team here moderating and admining, but I personally like the fact that a few scammers know about baiters and the such. Most of the time they don't really understand it, but even if they did, hopefully that makes them more cautious with real victims.

And exactly how can we keep scammers off Eater completely and still make it available to everyone else? Google is important to many parts of the forums -- many victims and potential victims show up here, even before heading over to ScamWarners -- and that's a big plus.

Why do I bait? Because it is fun. Because I can make a lad's life hell. But I also am taking their time and energy away from real victims. So even if a bait of mine has been blown because of something posted on Eater (and it has happened to me several times), I am still happy for the time I did waste of theirs. And we're baiters -- even a lad that has found us on Eater can still be baited; and that's even more delicious.

Like the Badger said, let's make the lads paranoid -- and not ourselves. Very Happy

PS. And the few times lads have shown up on Eater (and posted) have usually been very funny and well worth it. Wink

Edit -- And congrats to those with the shields in their sig lines, whether recent or in the past! You are the best!

happy crowd happy crowd

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^

Well said Dora.............. Thumbs up

I agree.......... Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic