SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New type of baiting. Robocall toll free. Need 800 numbers.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
fredskoogli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After having seen too many fake craigslist car ads, I am now attempting to bait, and am trying a new approach.

I harvested a 1 800 number from a fake craiglist post
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-440-607-4300

I created a robocall using asterisk pbx to dial this number continuously, and made about 18000 calls in two days. The idea was to create a DOS attack to prevent real victims from reaching him.

A secondary benefit is to make the lad loose money. Assuming 5cents a call, the scammer would have lost about $900.

Fairly new to baiting. Would like to get your feedback on this type of bait.
Also would like to get additional 800 number to robocall.

Surprisingly the number is still active after 18000 calls.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome!

Are we sure this is a scammer posting an 800 number? It would be incredibly rare for one to do so as it costs him real money as you know! And if he did, it would be prepaid with probably $10 of credit...

But I can see there would be plenty of other uses for your Asterisk experience, and I like the way you're thinking in general Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you spoken to the person on this number? Are you sure its a scammer and not a legit number that the scammer gave out as his under pressure?

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Gentleman Jim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Have you spoken to the person on this number? Are you sure its a scammer and not a legit number that the scammer gave out as his under pressure?

What he said.
Also even if the number is genuine, you don't honestly think the scammer will pay his massive 800 number bill do you?
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most scammers don't pay for their tools (phone numbers, websites) themselfs, but often use stolen creditcards, or victim's money. Their are many other ways to make lads waste their money, and time. Try making a lad call you, or call the lad (when it's night in his country). And trying to do a DOS attack or other ways to damage the lad's pc is not the smartest thing to do. Just like with this 1 800 number, you don't even know if it's the lad's number. Also lads can be using the pc of a cyber café, which brings in the ITP rule. PLease read the sticky's about the rules on eater.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Glamour Shots
University Park Mall
Mishawak Indiana
U.S.A.
Phone: 800-434-2130

The number will have posted up by someone with an axe to grind, ie:

Quote:
Had photos taken of my 9 year old daughter. Got pressured into (my fault) buying about $ 1000.00 worth of photos - including a wall-of-fame portrait.

LINK

We get that on here sometimes, people with a greivance wanting us to get even with someone on their behalf.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps if you can PM a mod with more details they can dig a little deeper- here we are very cautious not to harm third parties in any way, or we're no better than those we stand against. This is why everyone is über cautious!

Your skills will be valuable here though, perhaps an Asterisk 101 tutorial for those of us who'd love to set one up?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd love to see a way to go after robocall scammers.

We get those at my office and I want to punish them. We could always post the number(s) here and have them vetted, then go after them if we can confirm the scam.
fredskoogli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Roycropper The number used to be owned by Glamor Shots and they closed down in 2007. http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2007/12/glamour_shots_studio_closes_at.html

Calling this number gives the announcement that this is ebay motors two options (1) For customer service (2) for financial department.
Dialing (2) goes nowhere and (1) goes to voice mail and gets picked up once a while. When it gets picked up it is answered with an Asian voice.

I would expect that ebay would have a much more sophisticated call center, and as reported by Guillermo, he was scammed.
Quote:
i been scammed for the same individual mentioned above as this lady describes him he sounds to be an Asiatic male saying that his name is Timothy Carter and using an e mail address ([email protected] this happen just a day before as this female desribes sending 2810 USD via western union on november 12 2010 have the proofs on hand, and printed paper of his e mails sent to my e mail account and the fake e mail invoice from e bay motors with a fake address and might be two ID thefts as Timothy Carter and Patrick Williams, this is the fake seller's address:
Seller Information:
Patrick Williams
11500 Summit West Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33617
United States
[email protected]
fredskoogli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is the recording from fake "ebay motors". The lads are getting sophisticated, with own 1 800 numbers, and a call center style options.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/828272452bcc84d8/
fredskoogli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Forrest Gump
I can help you with scammers, but not spammers. Post the 1 800 number you received the call from, and the background.
fredskoogli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Your skills will be valuable here though, perhaps an Asterisk 101 tutorial for those of us who'd love to set one up?

I would not recommend that you install native asterisk. It is too complex, with its dial plan and very hard to setup even simple stuff.

Asterisk is packaged in various integrated packages, which included a nice user interface to configure asterisk. The one that I like most is trixbox. You download an iso image, and install on a PC.

All the configuration is done using GUI.

Here is a very nice tutorial of trixbox.

http://dumbme.mbit.com.au/trixbox/

Have fun. What would you like to use asterisk for?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic