SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A new one..I'm confused...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, new for me anyway. Got this (IP shows Lagos)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sun, Nov 14, 2010 1:53 pm
Subject: RE:GOOD WILL

Hello,

I am a retired Engineer of Chevron International.I am in my early 80's with no child and i lost my wife 25 yrs ago. I have decided to donate money to different institutions to aid them in their humanitarian activities and yours is one of the lucky ones. I am on wheel chair now and wish to make a donation to your organization but i can only do this with my
credit card, please do confirm to me if you have a credit card machine so that i can advice my card details for you to charge the sum of $5000 ONLY for my willing support to your organization activities and aid. Please make this donation anonymous.

Best Wishes.
Cheerful giver.

I replied:

Dear Robert

A donation would be a Godsend for my organization! Please send your card informations with

1 - Your full names and address
2 - Card number, including the 3-digit security code on the back AND the card expiry date.

I will respect your request for anonymity, and extend my deepest gratitude to you!
A tax receipt will be mailed to you.

Sincerely
Ms. Yura Dyck

This from him:

Hello,

I am sorry for the late reply.I left the clinic about 6 hours ago and glad to be able to find strength to write these now. Like i told you i have chosen your organization as part of my support to humanity. This is the best i can do now.

I got email from 2 other NGOs. I want you to help me send funds to the 2 organizations who have need for funds but do not have credit card facility to charge from my card. I am deeply touched by their prayers so, i seek your assistance in charging a total of $ 15,000 usd ONLY from my card when you have the funds in your account you can then make the transfer to the other 2 organizations.I hope you do not mind,i am not fit to go and do a wire to them is only through my credit card that i will be able to help them.

I look forward to your response if you can charge $15,000 usd, keep $ 5,000 usd which i have earlier promised you and send the balance to other 2 groups $ 5,000 usd each. I will give you there information as soon as i get that from them to enable you send funds to them. I shall ring you with my card details once you alert me that you can do this and she/he will give you the amount meant for the other two NGOs cash as soon as the funds are in their account.

Please send me your contact details then I can contact you with my creditcard details:

Name:
Phone Number(s):

I look forward to your response.

Best wishes
Cheerful Giver

I happily reply:

Dear Robert

Bless you for your generosity! However I am not supposed to take donations to give to other organizations. There is a board of directors who would not approve of this. However, I am Secretary treasurer and can possibly work with you and these other organizations if you GUARANTEE this will be kept between us only. My own charity is to help the Deaf get fully trained Hearing dogs. Finding and training these dogs takes a lot of work and money.

We are funded only by donations and with the funds y ou are offering 3 Deaf people can be supplied with a Hearing dog that will give them back their independance and dignity in life. This is a very important endevour and I am sure you would be very proud of the help you provide! Having the ability to change peoples lives is a wonderful legacy for you. I have my own Hearing dog, PuPu. He was trained by this charity and I'm so very happy with him although his barking is sometimes annoying to the neighbours as he goes a little nuts when the microwave beeps. I think he expects popcorn every time, the little devil.

We do have a credit card processing machine and can take the 15K donation directly when you supply the needed information to me and I will then transfer the surplus funds as you request.

I"m sorry but as I am also a Deaf person I dislike talking on the phone. I'm sure you understand that so please contact me back with your credit card information by this email which is private and seen by nobody but myself.

In gratitude
Your friend,
Yura D.

Robert seems to be getting off track:

Hello friend,

I hope the funds will be used for the organization purpose which is why am donating. Please tell me if you are in the office now to proceed the 15000usd for your organization ($5000) and For other organizations ($10000) which i will send you their account details to make a wire when the funds are cleared in your account.

Regards
Robert

Again I try and get the CC #:

Hello Robert

Yes I am in my office now so you may go ahead and send me your credit card details and the names of the other two organizations.
Don't forget to include
1 - Your full names and address
2 - Card number, including the 3-digit security code on the back AND the card expiry date.

Thank you!!!!
Yura

Surprisingly, I get this:(numbers x-ed out by me)

Hello Yura,

Please do see below my card details to charge $15000 from it now i and get back to me with the confirmation of the charges made.Before the funds get to your account i will get the account details of the other organization for the wire transfer.

CARD TYPE: MASTER
CARD NO: 5466xxxxxxxxxxxx
CVV::2xx
EXP DATE:09/13
HOLDER:ROBERT MILLER

Address: 522 East D Street
City: Belleville
State: Illinois
Postal code: 62220

I await your charge confirmation now.

Regards

Robert

I Googled that address and found an article about a man who lived there (different name) who was arrested for multiple DUIs.

Maybe I'm being dumb, but anyone know what the meaning of this is? Does he think I'll send 10K from my own MC to the other organizations, which would be him? Should I pass the MC number along to someone?

Robert didn't seem very interested in hearing about PuPu! Laughing

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alan can take care of CC#s as well, I believe.

I highly recommend also contacting a Mod on this as well as stolen CC fraud might be something they can report to the powers that be.

Good find, odd format. I have a feeling the other two "charities" are fully lad owned and operated. He gets $10000 while the unluck dupe gets $5000 (until the fuzz get him) and a trip to prison for credit card theft.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks..I really don't know how to contact Alan? I'll send to a mod as well.

In the meantime I sent this to stall Robert:

My dear Robert

Please accept my deepest apolgies for not replying sooner but things are pretty hectic around here. Suddenly a pipe burst here in our headquarters (Four Legged Angel Ears..F.L.E.A.) which are in a very old building causing a terrible mess. All the dogs had to be removed which they were not happy about and taken to a kennel and our electrical system was messed up with all the water!!

OF course the Master card machine got shorted out and I could do nothing about passing your information through it.. Since I'm not supposed to deal with other charities of course I could not say anything to any of the volunteers here. Now we need to get a plumber and an electrician to fix things up before I can do the processing. I Hope you understand and will be patient since we are short of funds and it will take a bit of time before we can get insurance to pay for the repairs

In the meantime if you want to send me the information about where to send the other 10,000 donations, I will then do all the transfers at the same time as soon as we are up and running again which I pray will be soon..there are so many non-hearing people counting on us and 4-legged ears.

Bless your kind and generous heart and thank you for trusting me!! I promise I won't let you down.

Your friend\
Yura

Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Master
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

looks like my type of card. Laughing

Safari it was all a big fuck of disappointed
you are the fooliest baboom!
Closed lad accountsMortarSand TimerSand TimerSand TimerTattooVcamera
You are dead MUMU!!!!
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ScammedOut wrote:
Thanks..I really don't know how to contact Alan? I'll send to a mod as well.

Pssst: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780 Wink

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you TheDane! Very Happy

shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First things first, get the card stopped - get whichever mod is online and let them know ASAP. They have a highspeed card blocking process, I gather.

Now, as for the overpayment scam (for that's what it is, it's the fake cheque scam with a card), perhaps a delay in processinf means when you try the card is declines, has he got another card he can give you? Rinse and repeat.

Each skimmed/phished card number costs him real money, so kill all you can!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My shelter gets these regularly, both in the form of check scams and credit card scams. As suggested above, it's actually a run of the mill overpayment scam--the "other 2 charities" are fakes.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
you try the card is declines, has he got another card he can give you?

I'll do that. I'm sure that F.L.E.A's electrician will have the card machine up and running very soon!

P.S. manbiteslion - I reported it to a mod several hours ago and that person is taking care of it.

Yet another nice example for people who feel sorry for scammers. This one is happy to steal large sums from a non-profit organization that helps the deaf.

shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great stuff ScammedOut, our team of fearless moderators have ways we lesser mortals cannot conceive, including blocking cards very quickly (almost on a block now ask questions later basis, in fact), so give it a little while, then get the lad to give you a new card, etc.

When he looks about spent, maybe try suggesting he uses Western Union(!) Or bank transfer to make the payment? Tell him you know that way wwould be more fees involved, but your charity has a 'cost of raising donations' pot which has a few grand in, which should cover it easily... get him on your story and terms Wink

Just an idea where this could go!

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I asked him for another card, since the number he sent me is being declined on my brand new CC machine.

He sent me a new card number. The last 3 digits are different, with the same CVV number....not possible but it would do him no good to send me a fake MC number. Not sure what to do now?

Quote:
Hello Yura,

Below is my credit card details,please proceed and process the total of $15,000.

Of course I need the names etc of the other two charities he's donating to, so I can stall him by asking for that info.

shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
spot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ScammedOut wrote:
I reported it to a mod several hours ago and that person is taking care of it.

Thank you - it was taken care of first thing this morning (UK-time)

ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Spot...not sure if I should send you the second MC number?

shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
spot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PM it to me - it won't do any harm in checking it out.

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm that does not make sense sending you a bad number if he knows it is bad unless he is seeing if you are really running the card.

If it was me I would just call him out on it. Tell him you were filling out an internal form for the credit card processing and noticed the CVV was the same number as the previous number. Just ask him if that was a mistake and to send you the correct CVV number for the new card. Hopefully he will buy you are trying to run the cards and will send you a new card number.

If the first one was shut down he may just be a little suspicious and wanting to feel you out before he sends a brand spanken new card
Excellant bait Thumbs up

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just sent him this and threw in some annoying chitchat since I'm sure he's very interested in our Hearing Dog organization: Laughing

He may be already suspicious though.

"Hi Robert and how are you doing today? Feeling well I hope?

I'll be glad to go ahead with this process - can't wait to start redoing the dog kennels so we can get our babies home and continue training them especially Foofy, a nice little Schnauzer who can bark faster than you can count the barks - he's so perfect for our program!. We have several eager people who are very anxious to get their new "ears" and start their new lives. the plumbers have the problem here taken care of and now it's just a matter of cleanup. YOur wonderful donation will help with that too and we can get a good cleaning team in here.Smile

Could you have mixed up the credit cards? This one you just sent has the same CVV (2xx) number as the other one and I'm pretty sure that's not possible. Please check again and let me know. There's no way my machine is going to accept another card with the same CVV.

I know this is not going so quickly as we hoped but anything worthwhile can take time and I just know this is all going to be so worth it for all concerned.

Please let me know about the CC number as soon as you can.

Thanks a million

Fondly
Yura"

shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you're playing this just right, stick with it Smile

To paraphrase a shampoo bottle, rinse and repeat...

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr. Robert must have realized his card was cancelled and has not replied to me. Crying or Very sad

shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic