SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I'm in the process of being scammed...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ZiolaPaprika
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

I would like to say that my mother is in the process of being scammed. She is very naive and desperate because she never had a long lasting relationship. 1 1/2 years ago she met this guy through the internet who is a good-looking man living in Ghana. At the beginning I thought this "flirt" was harmless but through the months he has been calling more often and often.

So I started to eavesdrop and I didn't hear anything special. After a while though he was talking about a terrible accident he suffered that left him hospitalized and he needed money for the treatment because he lost his insurance card or something.
Anyway my mother transferred ($6000) and I only found out because I checked her e-mail (she left it open once). I was furious and angry and told her to abort contact with this man. Later she said that the $6000 was transferred back which I can't verify because I am not permitted to her bank account.
Now I think she has another fraudster (or it might be the same one) who said that he is in an exceptional situation and has someone outside of Ghana transfer money or a 'cheque' to my mother's bank account. After the money arrived on her bank account she would transfer it to that of the fraudster and keep a part of the money, or so I heard.

Sorry for the long story. But the facts are that the fraudster:

-Has bank details of my mother
-Has personal details of my mother and is friends with her on facebook
-He is constantly spamming e-mails, sms and phonecalls to my mother

I don't know what to do in this situation. You have to understand that my mother is extremely naive and is desperate and that we are in a very tough financial situation. I will confront her tomorrow but I don't know what to do with the money that might have arrived on her bank account. Is it possibly 'fake' money or illegal 'gangster' money? How do I get out of this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, I am sorry you have come here under bad circumstances! First things first, and not so easy: cut all ties with the scammer. This will involve you Mother abandoning the Facebook and email accounts used to contact the scammers (if he has phone numbers, that should be changed as well). Her bank must be contacted and and be advised of a compromise to the security of your Mother's account. I doubt the scammer will be putting money in rather he will be pulling out money! Mad

Once these quick counter measures are done, educate her. A good way is to put her in contact with the folks at our sister site:

www.scamwarners.com

I will try and point a mod this way as well. Smile

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi ZiolaPaprika.

Here at Eater, we deal with scam-baiting.
As badgerbait says - you need www.scamwarners.com.

Nip over there and repeat your post and one of the Scamwarners there will be able to give you advice on what course of action to take.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
ZiolaPaprika
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright, thank you very much for your quick replies!
ulmo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First thing is to contact her bank, and *then* head over to scamwarmers. If this guy gets any kind of feeling that he's about to be found out, he's libel to drain her for every penny he can.
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ulmo, we don't know where she is located, bank may not be available to do anything at the moment. Perhaps the good folks over at Scamwarners might be able to help her with immediate results.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic