SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The significance of closing an American account?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FranklyMyDear
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My poor lad can't seem to get his money. Last week he gave me a bank account. I turned it over to Alan, and after a couple days told him that the account was flagged and I couldn't enter money. He became very angry with me, saying he does much business with that account and who do I think I am to rob him of his money. Then today he wrote back saying, "The Rbs  account  I gave you will no longer be necessary because the owner of the account say that he is very busy at the moment and he can not make out time get the signature." How unprofessional.

Then he says he can give me an account of his friend in America. Of course I want that. Now my question. What is the significance of closing the American account? Would that lead to something bigger? Is that worthy of mod attention, or would Alan just take care of everything?

"there is a problem in this problem."
"Look i have never cry in Life but you made me Cry like baby."
"Now you Left me misrable and Confused and in terrible states"
"You should know you are dealing with hightly well learning headed people."
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you should treat it as any other account. The American bank account holder may be a mule or he may be in on it. We have no way of knowing.

I'd get the account and turn it into Alan.

I don't think the fact that it's an American account means anything bigger.

But to play it safe--go ahead and PM a mod just in case. It's possible the account holder is a mule or victim.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's almost certainly a mule bank account but as Dwatina says, report it to Alan and let the banking industry deal with it internally - they will want to keep an eye out for other suspicious activity and are fully capable of calling in law enforcement if they think this is useful to do!

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The combination of account holder name and bank branch location is likely enough to resolve to a person, who may get warned. So I'd say PM details to a mod. And still report it to Alan and add your piggy.

As for your bait, it is just a bank account like any other, and you can run into all the same trouble making a transfer into it like into any other.

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
FranklyMyDear
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it turns out he didn't give me the bank account, but he gave me the name and street address of his contact in Texas and wants me to send MoneyGram there. Is this particularly useful information?

"there is a problem in this problem."
"Look i have never cry in Life but you made me Cry like baby."
"Now you Left me misrable and Confused and in terrible states"
"You should know you are dealing with hightly well learning headed people."
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Normally a lad can make up any name, city/ country to send WU or MG to. If he has contacts or his local WU/MG office is lazy, they don't care where it's supposed to go to. He just needs the MTCN number. Normally I would not be concerned.

But, I'm hesitant because you said he gave you a street address as well. I gotta say I've never had a lad give me a street address of anyone in the States for WU or MG. A city and state, sure, but never a street address.

I'd PM a mod with the info.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If he gave you a street address

What does Google bring up ?

If I get specific addresses I like to Google Earth them, and the number of times the address turns out to be a field in the middle of nowhere.... Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are plenty of mules in the US. Some of them are knowing accomplices, while others are victims themselves--usually of job scams or romance scams.

A perfect example is a mule some of us encountered earlier this week. She is so far hooked in a romance scam that she truly believes she is working for the American military, making sure that soldiers get cash. She is still hanging on to the lie, even after being told in no uncertain terms that her "job" is a scam.

This is why itis best to pass on the info, just in case..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic