SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Freaking out -- need advice

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Vivio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I am a newbie, so this level of baiting might be old news and nothing exciting for anyone.

I have two guys (partners) 100% CONVINCED that I am a computer genuis/hacker and will be working with them on their scam. I have been chatting with them all night on Yahoo Messenger.

They have come clean about who they are, that they are really from Africa (go figure?), etc. They want me to basically print checks for them from my home (how convenient, I used to work at a governmental check-printing facility and have all of the supplies, including magnetic ink and check software, in my home office!), mail them directly to certain banks to be deposited by a bank teller, from some wacky account. They have accounts in mind that they will tell me in the morning via email (they have already told me one of them with the full business name, etc.) for me to print. I will then send the check via FedEx to the bank for depositing.

I am not sure what their agenda is from there, but it's definitely a scam. Over-payment? Maybe they will call and say "Where's my merchandise, I sent you a check that already cleared?" and receive merchandise? Who knows.

Obviously, I'm not going to be printing checks for anyone. But I want to know what I can do, aside from the obvious time wasting.

Should I call the business (which is in Texas) and let them know that they are targeted to be swindled? Would I look weird? Should I call the police? Would they even bother?

Help!!
Vivio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They are emailing me loads of info tomorrow, including all of the accounts, etc., and bank drafts.
Vivio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have also signed up to talk to a mentor about this bait but am anxious for opinions.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First take a deep breath, Vivio. It will be ok. Laughing

Then, just PM a mod with any information they give you. A mod can tell if it is information that needs to be directed anywhere and will take care of it.

Once you get the information, you can delay the lads by telling them you ran outta ink, paper, whatever until you decide how to handle it. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Vivio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My spouse told me, "This guy is probably running up to his young child and hugging him, saying 'honey, we are going to have a Christmas finally, not like last year when we were too poor to eat'".

Call me a sucker, but this got to me, maybe because I have a young child in real life.

I asked him in chat if he was a family man, and that I had 4 boys that are all grown up now (to which he said WAO!), and he confessed that he did have one child.

If I get info to track this guy down, please tell me I would be doing the world a favor by bringing him to justice. Does it matter that he's somebody's Daddy?
Vivio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, Dora.

I feel edgy and I start to doubt my writing/conniving skills.
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

your spouse is just as possibly incorrect as correct.

It is just as likely that this scammer has many others on the hook and is quite well off. The fact that he wants you to do this illegal act (what, printing cheques yourself isn't illegal?) means that he's a bloody scammer. You print these out, cash them in and either a) get arrested for trying to pass fake cheques or b) they get cashed and in three weeks time you get told you owe the bank all this money because the cheques were fake... and then you get arrested for passing fake cheques, as well.

so what if he has a family? just because he has a child (if he even does, scammers lie, all the time) doesn't mean that he should do illegal things to provide for the child.

You would be doing the world a favour IF you could track him down. But even if you could, convincing the authorities to do something about it will be a whole different ballgame. The best way you can deal with this is to waste his time and make him so focussed on you that any other victims he has get neglected and hopefully realise they're being scammed.

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Vivio! Wink

JumpinJayJay and Dora is right on and we'll help ya. Twisted Evil

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Vivio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

His scam is really interesting....he wants this to be a long-term relationship with me. He claims he's willing to pay me $500 a week.

He wants me to print the checks and mail them directly to the bank for the teller to cash. The checks will NOT be mailed to the company, but to the company's bank. (I looked up the company, and it is a legit company in Texas). With a note attached, saying "Please deposit into account # blah blah blah").

So the company is going to temporarily get some funding until they realize it's fake. And I'm guessing the other account will be closed down before they have a chance to get their money back?
bumsnacks
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is an interesting one, but I believe there is a step missing some where. I work at a financial institution, if a check is deposited into another account like you say, then "backed out" when it is fraud the company should/would be notified. They may then begin to look at "who" mailed the check. This could get you in hot water, not to mention one of the golden rules of eater... no ITP's (please). The ITP being the company.What he might want you to do is cash the checks either at your bank, or send them to someone else to cash. Send the money WU/MG.... blah blah blah. See if you can't stall him by asking how you are to get your money out of this since you will be mailing the checks to the bank etc. It make for a very long week for him. You might be able to switch it, and be able to drop the texas company and get him going some other direction.
Welcome to eater, home of lad rants, and goat roping. (Not necessarily in that order...)
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
My spouse told me, "This guy is probably running up to his young child and hugging him, saying 'honey, we are going to have a Christmas finally, not like last year when we were too poor to eat'".

If it makes you (and your spouse) feel better, the more likely scenario is "This guy is probably running up to his friends, saying 'The maga is paying and I'm getting a new Mercedes this year!'"

There are important rules you need to learn when dealing with lads. Never forget the first and most important one.

Rule #1: Lads Lie!

I'm not being facetious here. This is sometimes one of the hardest things to truly understand. Think of lads as compulsive liars--lies often come more easily than the truth. They lie about big things, but they lie about little things too--like when your lad complains about his unsuccessful trip to WU (he actually checked the MTCN online without leaving his chair) or when he disappears during chat and then tells you his connection was bad (he's trying to juggle another victim at the same time, or he is looking something up to keep the chat going...)

I have seen MANY lads who have confessed or "come clean" for one reason or another. Only once have I seen one who MIGHT have been telling the truth. In every other case, the lad has revealed certain details, but he has continued to lie-the story just changes as needed to get what he wants.

The point is, these lads are still trying to manipulate you, and they will tell you whatever they think is necessary to get you to cooperate. Don't let them get to you.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its also likely that these Lads have ruined some Christmases for their victims. Lads are scum, treat them like the common criminals that they are.

Hence my motto, Haud Misericordia, in English, No Pity, No Mercy...

Safari Franklin, Accra Ghana-Kpalime Togo
2 X United Kingdom

3 X Closed lad accounts

Haud Misericordia
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
Nice to see you back here, linkster Wink

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vivio, as mentioned above,

Rule #1: Lads lie.

Never believe a single thing they tell you, at any time. They make slime look attractive, they are without doubt worse than politicians for lying.

I don't know if you have been to our sister site but please read through this forum http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34

You have a standard scam script cheque printing and sending operation. People get caught in these continuosly, and go to jail, so whatever you can find to do to this piece of worthless gutter scum the better.

Also remember this piece of advice from The Hitchhikers Guide

Don't Panic

Have fun, bait safe, screw the lad over.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
beenyboy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Vivio,
some good advice from the other baiters on this thread.
First off, don't cut yourself up over this lad.

Rule #1. Lads lie.

They wouldn't think twice about taking every penny from you and your family at any time of year.

I am currently baiting as a father of two very young children whos mother has just died and is still paying for the funeral. The lad wants me to forget paying for the funeral, forget buying clothes for the kids, forget getting them any christmas presents as i can do all that once i get the funds transferred from the bank. I must pay the barrister first.
This shows that these lads are evil scum who don't care one iota about their victims or their circumstances.

Have fun at the lads expense and don't feel bad at all.

Bait safe.
Cheers,
Beeny

Mr Chen .... I an ill having SARS.....Thank you so much for bringing me back into a kind of better lives to day through your wonderful advised to implement the (LEMSIP) as you prescribe it to me last November

Cellphone Mortar x10
Andrea Smith - fack u bitch

Tiddles - MIAOW!

Barister Robert Clay -YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE A TOUT AND ALL THIS WILL YOU HAVE BEEN WASTING MY TIME AND MY MONEY,JUST THANK YOUR GOD THAT YOU DID NOT FALL MUGU,OTHERWISE,I WOULD HAVE EATEN YOU RAW BASTARED.
FUCK YOU AND SUCK MY DEM ASS,FOOL.YOU THINK THAT I AM NOT SAMART AT DOING MY JOB.
MarcusA
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Only 500$? Mine is offering 600$/week!:

Quote:
Delivered-To: me
Received: by 10.216.233.208 with SMTP id p58cs204856weq;
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 04:22:23 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.229.190.147 with SMTP id di19mr7646072qcb.91.1289391742532;
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 04:22:22 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from blu0-omc3-s4.blu0.hotmail.com (blu0-omc3-s4.blu0.hotmail.com [65.55.116.79])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id g26si1402173qco.174.2010.11.10.04.22.22;
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 04:22:22 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 65.55.116.79 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=65.55.116.79;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 65.55.116.79 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
Received: from BLU149-W61 ([65.55.116.72]) by blu0-omc3-s4.blu0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 04:22:16 -0800
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_db954265-5d6d-43df-a108-87518a24144a_"
X-Originating-IP: [82.128.87.159]
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: job offer
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 04:22:16 -0800
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 10 Nov 2010 12:22:16.0804 (UTC) FILETIME=[E9BABA40:01CB80D1]

--_db954265-5d6d-43df-a108-87518a24144a_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello,

The job is just to dispatch payments to my clients via postal service.You can be doing that at your convenience.The salary per week is $600

You will need the following listed items to carry out the job.

1.Laser/Inkjet Printer
2.Blank check paper
3.MICR INK (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition)

Do you have the above listed items? if not you can easily purchase them and I will send the money you used to buy it with your first salary.

This will be long time process as time goes on I will increase the money....The job is just to print checks and send them out to my clients via postal service.You can do this at any time that is convenient for

you.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Regards,
Mike.

Perhaps you can have them fight over who gets to work with you or something? Razz

Last edited by MarcusA on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
roland685
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In regards to the checks, now a few weeks have passed, say that you had a government raid, and you lost all your equipment, and are on bail... All their efforts for nothing.
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would it be wrong to take their money... donate it to charity... and do nothing with the cheques?

Possibly they'd be fake cheques they send you...

Its not cash baiting, as they have offered you the money to "work" for them, so I'm a little unsure on where Eater stands. Confused

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
pablo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Its not cash baiting, as they have offered you the money to "work" for them, so I'm a little unsure on where Eater stands

It doesn't pass the smell test.

p.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

evil_sheep wrote:
Would it be wrong to take their money... donate it to charity... and do nothing with the cheques?
Possibly they'd be fake cheques they send you...

They'll almost certainly be fake cheques. A particularly nasty twist in the scam because, not only does the victim become embroiled in muling, they then lose money and risk being charged with fraud.

As for giving lad money to charity? It's a No. If a baiter ever were to get hold of a large amount of cash from a lad, it's 99% certain to have come from a victim.
You'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

vivio wrote:

Don't make the mistake of applying Western moral values onto African 419 scammers. Any money you send will not go to family members - it will be spent on consumerist junk: cars, jewellrey, electronic goods, flash clothing, girlfriends, partying. All to impress the other "guys". Meanwhile, any family members will never see a cent. The mindset of the average scammer is that it's a given that their family live in poverty. It's the norm and what they've never had, they'll never miss.
I've come across many lads who live the high life on the money they've stolen whilst their families are back home living in poverty. I've yet to see a lad who will share their ill gotten gains with anyone unless it's to further their scamming career.

Scammers are the lowest of the low on the chart of human moral values. Don't be tempted to shed one tear or even divert once ounce of sympathy towards these lowlifes. Their career choice is to destroy innocent lives through deceit and lies.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
As for giving lad money to charity? It's a No. If a baiter ever were to get hold of a large amount of cash from a lad, it's 99% certain to have come from a victim.
You'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

What if it was donated to 419eater/ Scamwarners?

Then it'd be robbing Peter, to pay Paul, to give to Barry to buy christmas presents to Peter... or Paul... depending on which you see as the scammer and which you see as the vicitim.

Wink

The way I see it, you are still taking away resources from the lad, irrelevant of where it originally came from, which he could be using instead to further his scamming. Confused
At least by giving it back to an anti-scamming site, you are helping to stop the type of crime that happened to the original owner of the money in the first place.

"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
Vivio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MarcusA: same script here!!! Only my lad's a "Bob".

I like the governmental raid idea, as he thinks the government has already bugged my cell phone (ah, the life of the hacker!)
Vivio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Evil Sheep: I think that's a good thought. I'm not really going that route now, but I think it's a good kick to the lad-groin.

In regards to ITPs, would it be a good thing to somehow warn the company that their banking information has been obtained?? I think they have alluded that it is a Chase account. Once I get the bank info I could call the fraud hotline. That should be enough, right?
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

evil_sheep wrote:

At least by giving it back to an anti-scamming site, you are helping to stop the type of crime that happened to the original owner of the money in the first place.

So Eater or Scamwarners should benefit from the proceeds of criminal activity?

You haven't thought it through properly.

The answer remains No and it's not up for discussion.

Quote:
Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
Money laundering can be almost any possession or use of monies or assets derived from illegal sources, including those coming into your possession innocently. Section 329 of POCA makes it an offence to acquire, use or possess property which you knows or suspect represents the proceeds of crime. It covers property which constitutes a person's benefit from criminal conduct or which, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, represents such a benefit. The maximum punishment is 14 years’ imprisonment.

419eater's TOS:

Quote:
Baiting for cash:- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Due to the possible legal implications involved, but more importantly because the possible dangers posed to baiters, please note that the Administrators and Moderators of 419eater.com no longer permit any discussion relating to cash baits or methods of extracting money from scammers on this board. If you feel the need to discuss such matters then please do so either by this board's Private Messaging system or by email – but be advised, we do not sanction or encourage such discussions and will play no part in furtherance of cash-baiting.

Any public posts relating to cash baits, other methods relating to the extraction of money from scammers will be immediately locked or deleted.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fair point Smile

I hereby withdraw all suggestions of stupidity above. Do not ever obtain money from scammers. You can hurt them in the wallet by making them spend their own money, unnecessarily

FREE BEER!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic