SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

WU clampdown: good news or bad?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Yabadabadoo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here I am in Ireland, anxious to transfer $3000 freight charge etc for a box of money to be delivered, but my lad insists on WU. I've never heard of this Western Bank thingie and we don't have it in Ireland so he helpfully sent me a link to the WU website and sure enough there is a branch in Dublin. Unfortunately I'm in Ballymebolix some 500 miles west, but while I was online I clicked on WU's Nigeria tab. There's a big flashing screen with the message:

Quote:
To all our customers. As required by Nigeria regulations all money transfers to Nigeria will only be paid if receiver holds a bank account confirming his/her identity
OR
is referred to by a bank account holder.

There is a link to much more detail which states the rules applied from August. I was away then, so if this has already been dealt with my apologies.

Meantime I shall thank my lad for his helpful referral which took me to this screen, too bad it will lead to more delays in payment. But I wonder whether this regulation will lead to long-term loss of business for Eater and scammer alike?
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably not. Either the lad will get his money at a WU office that's not so picky when it comes to pickups.
Or there will be a migration to Money Gram.

I'd guess there will also be an increase in bank accounts for Alan to shut down.

But that's just a guess.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure most lads have bank accounts. If not, they probably know someone (like their oga) who does and can refer them. This, of course, presumes (as Dr Mike suggested) that the WU offices even give a damn about following this law. And if they don't, who is going to complain and who is going to enforce? I suspect this law, for all practical purposes, changes nothing.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Defiantly good news. Lots of opportunity to slow things up. You can say that the westy people at your end need them to confirm their bank details to you and supply full details of the referee. Who, will no doubt, have a list of crimes as long as your arm against their name.

If they complain, you send them to that page on the westy site to back your argument up. They are bound to come back with a load of lies that westy will spot right away and lead to all sorts of form filling and delays.

This is Manna from heaven. Laughing

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

windypops wrote:
Defiantly good news. Lots of opportunity to slow things up. You can say that the westy people at your end need them to confirm their bank details to you and supply full details of the referee. Who, will no doubt, have a list of crimes as long as your arm against their name.

Oh.. that's devious Very Happy

More piggies!

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Completely agree, windy! Here is the link: clicky

And this is rich... On that same page there is a link titled "Protect yourself from fraud". On that page is this statement:
Quote:
Western Union knows you work hard for your money. That’s why we’re working to help you protect yourself from fraud. If you think you've been a victim of fraud, contact your local Western Union Agent.

What the hell is "your local Western Union Agent" going to do about it! Even if they give a damn that you just sent your last dollar to some internet thief, there isn't a damn thing they can do about it except have you fill out some form that will probably go straight in the trash. Evil or Very Mad

This gets better and better... On the "Protect yourself from fraud" page is a link to information about Lottery Scams which includes this gem:
Quote:
• Legitimate organizations will not demand money before they award lottery winnings or other prizes.
• If you have a concern about a solicitation, talk to family members or an attorney or even local police before making the financial decision to send money for a lottery prize.

So, despite the fact that Western Union says legit lotteries won't ask for up front fees, if you talk to Uncle Bubba and he thinks it is a good idea, go right ahead and "make the decision". Shocked

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?

Last edited by Raga Man on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Thanks Raga, I'd already had a look. Checking if it gives the same warning about the other "Usual Suspects," I was a little disappointed to see that it didn't.

But then I realised this can be used as safari fodder to get lads to a neighbouring country where the rules don't apply.

It gets better the more I look at it. Very Happy

TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whereas everything is, it will be a pleasure to direct lads to the site and watch the frustration it may cause. Very Happy

And it could be a shortcut to getting piggies. Wink

Possibilities, gentlemen! Let's look at the glass as half full. Wink

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Twisted Evil Laughing

windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you read the last bit. We even get to claim a refund from westy if they fail to comply and the transfer falls through.

* Edit to add * Which we interpret as compensation from westy for them messing us around.

It's too good to be true. Laughing

Yabadabadoo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I might have known that the twisted minds on this site would turn this to advantage. Thanks windypops, I suppose I shall just have to comply with these new laws.
Got my first piggy last night, details off to Alan. I fear the bank here in Ballymebolix may not be so helpful now my lad has introduced them to the WU website with its warning. Twisted Evil
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

windypops wrote:
... form filling and delays.

Now this is getting interesting Very Happy

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

this is an excellent development that will make getting bank accounts out of nigeria based scammers very much easier. i'm impressed that WU would do so much for the baiting community Laughing

ETA: can someone make a nice PDF that looks all black and yellow, WU logos etc with some nice space for lad banking information and some sort of silly thing like thumbprint or photograph etc, just for giggles? it would be nice to get that and then claim you can't read it and get the information in an email for alan as well.

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I'll see what I can do, but I won't have the time until Sunday.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
I did that already, however some things may be wrong... Feel free to suggest changes

http://www.mediafire.com/?4n8fbpgrqb7dtjs
Here it is.
Contains form for filling the bank information and paper sign photo with the same info

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This an excellent reason to WIMP (tm) the lad. I've had many potential accomplices tell me to send one orphaned Nigerian transfer to him as a test. They will have to go to Togo or Ghana to pick up the funds.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dr Mike wrote:

Or there will be a migration to Money Gram.

That's good news. I love sending lads to Money Gram with 9 digit MTCNs.Very Happy

Bad news would be Money Gram providing ability to check MTCNs on line like WU does. Crying or Very sad

ETA: @Yabadabado: thanks for the post. This is good to know.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone know how this got initiated?

If this is due to some Nigerian law, then Money Gram might follow suit shortly - Lad torture taken to a new dimension Laughing

I bring this up as the EFCC would know for sure that this would be a great obstacle for lads. So this would actually be a very logic move for EFCC to make, if they really mean to do something about the lads.

AND - Possibly piggy heaven for us - I feel a bit with The Man, he's gonna get a busy day at the office Confused

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

this is awesome, first scammer ( a hitlad) i tried it on:

Quote:
Hello Jenny
Below is the bank details...Make sure you fill in for 24hrs so that the payment reflect fast...Immediately you make the payment kindly get back to me with the confirmation scan slip.

INTERMEDIARY BANK: DEUTSCHE BANK TRUST COMPANY
INTERMEDIARY BANK ADDRESS:- 280, PARK AVENUE, NEW YORK NY USA 10017
INTERMEDIARY BANK SWIFT CODE: BKTRUS33
INTERMEDIARY BANK ACCOUNT NO: 04177479
INTERMEDIARY BANK ROUTING NO (ABA): 021001033
INFORMATION FOR INTERMEDIARY BANK OR NOTE :- REC FFCT ACC# 1723003000179

BENEFICIARY BANK: OCEANIC BANK PLC LAGOS.
BENEFICIARY NAME: BALM OF GILEAD COMMUNICATION
BENEFICIARY BANK SWIFT CODE: OCBINGLA
BENEFICIARY ACCOUNT NO: 04177479
BENEFICIARY COUNTRY: NIGERIA
INFORMATION FOR BENEFICIARY BANK OR NOTE :- REC FFCT ACC# 1723003000179

Hope to hear from you ASAP...

Cool

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Well done, indeed, JumpinJayJay!
This is fantastic news Yabadabadoo and, yes, I've gleaned some new ideas for my baiting.
My morning Zubrowka will be drunk to the health of the WU employee responsible for this measure.
Yabadabadoo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to help folks, beginner's luck that I should find what seems to be a Good Thing. But I take no credit, that all goes to my helpful lad who pointed me at the site in the first place.

I have written to thank him for helping me avoid internet fraudstars, and assuring him he will get his $$$s just as soon as he sends the bank details. This seems to have caused him some distress, I hope to post sometime when it's all over.
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Remember to thank him for us. Laughing

Of course, not only must Naija lads safari because they have this rule there. The same applies getting other lads to go to Nigeria because their own country does not have it. Very Happy

evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a thought here with regards to the bank accounts, I'm sure Alan will be able to give a definitive answer however.

Do the bank account we report not have to actually be offered to receive the proceeds of crimes in to?

For example, simply giving bank details of an account, is not the same as using the account for receiving ill-gotten gains.

We might end up swamping Alan with reports of accounts that are not being used illegally.

Confused

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
Yabadabadoo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Old Coaster, peace be upon him, posted a very good sticky under Hints and Tips
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780

Quote:
When forwarding stuff to Alan ... set up the forwarded e-mail to show full headers and then copy the details of the bank and paste them at the very top of the forwarded e-mail.
Next look at the evidence in the e-mail - is it sufficient to convince a bank official that the account is being used for fraudulent purposes? If so, just send it to alan. If not look at the earlier e-mails from the scammer and copy/paste a suitable one at the bottom, preferably with full headers as well.

I'm sure the mods keep in touch with Alan, and will let us know if we stray from the path. We should know how to fill in forms by now, if not the baiter is always wrong ... Embarassed
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

evil_sheep wrote:
[...] Do the bank account we report not have to actually be offered to receive the proceeds of crimes in to? [...]

The scammer sends you the account so that he can receive money, even if the money does not go into said account. So I'd say the account is still 'used in a scam'.

It does seem it would increase the chance that the account is fake or defunct or used without the holder's permission.

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic