SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Rachel Aamodt <[email protected]>

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BlueEyes1120
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted an item on craigslist and got a response asking me if the item was still available. Responded that it was then i got this email in return. I'm kinda leery about the whole print a check thing. Anyone get anything like this? Suggestions? Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 06:16:51
To:
Subject: ok: Mini Fridge - $100 (King of Prussia)

I appreciate your response to my inquiry. Am interested in buying it from you. I would have love to come and take a look at it myself but I just got married and am presently on a honeymoon trip to malaysia with my wife to see there twin building. I would love a surprise change of things in our home on our return. Pls do withdraw the listing from craigslist as i don't mind adding $50 for you to do that and including the packaging,so i can be rest assured that the item is held for me.I should believe they are in good condition as stated.The easiest way for me to pay is through (Electronic Bank Check).E-Check is simply a check delivery service that endorse and guarantee check delivery through E-mail instead of waiting for check in the Mail.No stamps, No envelopes, No going to the mail box - Just log in to your e-mail and click a link to download and print the check.

Once the check has been printed it can be cash or deposited immediately.I have no problem with you waiting for the Check to go through in your bank or anything.I will handle pick-up wit my mover when you must have gotten your cash at hand.you can visit www.qchex.com for more information about echeck.

You will only need to purchase a Business Check Paper for printing of the check, it's sold for ($20) at any Stationery store's,Office Depot or Staples.I will re-reimburse you for the cost of supplies.Get the Business Check Paper today then email me your Name and Address with valid E-mail address for the E-Check Payment with steps to print it immediately.

So i will like you to send me your full contact information to where my mover will come and pickup after you must have cash the check and have cash in hand:

1.....Full name to be writing on the check 2.....Full Physical address 3.....City, State and Zip Code 4.....Home & Cell Phone to contact you 5.....Your valid email address for the Echeck

Also you should be aware that you won't be responsible for shipping as i will have my mover come over and pick it up as soon as you received the check and cash. I also have some other goods i already bought in other location which my mover will pick up altogether.

I will await your response asap.

Thanks
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should be leery of this. It's a scam.

The e-check will be written against a bogus account or someone's real stolen account info. It will likely be good enough to pass first bank inspection, though. You will be told to cash the check and forward cash to the (fake) shipper. Days to weeks after you do this, the bank will discover the fraud and come after you for the money.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Somebody claiming to be named Rachel and is "on honeymoon with my wife." That should clue you in right away that it's a scam, as I figured before reading the rest of it.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pure scam - free listings sites are now so riddled with screws, scams and thieves I'll bet you this won't be the first scammer you'll get. Refuse all cheques, accept cash on collection, all other payment methods are massively abused (either phished, and the transaction will be reversed leaving you broke, or just plain fake paypal emails, or you get overpaid for the item and send the balance to xyz for some invented service via western union - and end up screwed again).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic