SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New Scam - Car sale?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cjc19
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I tried to sell a car (I only placed the ad last night) and received a number of responses that sound pretty dodgy today. Can you please let me know if it definitely is a scam (pretty sure it is) and how I should respond. The guy emailed me lots and also called me. He has my full name, phone number and address given with the ad so a bit worried:

Isaac Edeke to me
show details 10:00 AM (4 hours ago)
Is your Car stil for Sake?

Chris to Isaac
show details 11:57 AM (2 hours ago)
hi mate,

Yes, the car is still for sale. You're welcome to come have a look and
drive at or after 3pm today or anytime tomorrow before 6pm.

Cheers, chris

Isaac Edeke to me
show details 12:33 PM (2 hours ago)
Thanks for the swift response.Chris ..I am okay with the Price at $2 ,999 for the Car now and I would love to be enlightened about the Present condition of the Car and I would like to see some Pics .But due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection as phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it.,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.
As for the payment..i will be paying you via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal).
I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included.
You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a PayPal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com.au and sign up. its very easy.I await your reply asap.

Chris to Isaac
show details 1:30 PM (1 hour ago)
Hi Isaac,

There's not really much more I can add about the car other than what I already said in the advertisement. The car works fine and has has had no engine problems while in the current ownership. The car is in fair condition looks wise and has new hubcaps, etc. The car also includes a recently bought cd player. Suspension is not very good, but otherwise the car runs perfectly fine.

Am happy to send you some photos in the next couple of hours (I haven't taken any pictures yet and am not currently at home).

I will send you an email after this email through PayPal with my PayPal email and payment details. I am happy for the private courier to then come pick up the car once the payment has been cleared through PayPal.

Which state in Australia are you located in, as the number plate for the car is currently Tasmania and, as it has 7 months remaining on the registration, I would probably seek a refund from the TAS registration for the remainder if you are not located in Tasmania? If you are local, I am also happy to drive the car to you to show.

Cheers,

Chris

Isaac Edeke to me
show details 1:37 PM (1 hour ago)
I was just about to make the payment when i had this little problem with the picking up,I got an email from my agent who would be coming for the Car as the Car is going to Darwin...he said he won't come for the pick up unless i pay him the agent commission fee first in order to be able to schedule suitable a pick up date and time and my pick up agent Headquarters is in the United Kingdom and all commission payments made for pick up from anywhere in the world is sent to their Headquarters in the UK and the only form of payments they accept is western union money transfer and i tried to pay online (www.westernunion.com) but it requires a credit card to make the transfer online which i don't have access to and there is no post office on sea.(there is usually a western union section in most post offices).
So now i will include the $950 they charged to pick it up and take it home(1st class treatment)to the payments i will send through PayPal.After receiving the confirmation email from PayPal after i have made the payments, i will need you to help me send the $950 to my pick up agent through western union money transfer.The western union money transfer can be made at a post office or online at www.westernunion.com.I will be making the payments shortly and will email you as soon as am done

Chris to Isaac
show details 2:24 PM (33 minutes ago)
Sorry Isaac

I'm afraid I am unable to sell you the car in these circumstances as I was looking for a straight forward sell. This does not sound like a straight forward sell.

Regards,

Chris

Isaac Edeke to me
show details 2:46 PM (11 minutes ago)
Nothing Complicated here All you need to do is to make Use o Your Credit Card and make the Western Union payment of $950 to the Agent Headquater and email the MTCN Details gotten from the Transfer back to PayPal via the Confirmation email sent to you earlier as I have made the Payment nad the Funds has been deducted from my Account and is already PENDING in your PayPal Account and as soon as you email the Deetails to PayPal the Accreditaion of your PayPal Account woud be done ASAP ...Please I advise that you get the Western Union Transfer done right now with your Credit Card and get back to PayPal with the Deatils from the Transaction now ...Please Advise ASAP ..

Isaac Edeke to me
show details 2:47 PM (11 minutes ago)
- Hide quoted text -
As per the e-mail PayPal sent to me which is also similar to yours, you will have to pay an upfront payment of $950 out of your pocket via western union office at your post office to the address given to you, and you will be given the information requested which you will e-mail to PayPal by replying to the confirmation mail sent from them regarding the details you have from western union...and you will receive the whole money in your account without any delay, kindly read the mail sent to you very well...pls advice asap..

Isaac Edeke to me
show details 2:36 PM (22 minutes ago)
I just want to Inform you that I have successfully made the Payment and i have been notified for Fund Deduction...Please check your Inbox,Junk,Bulk,Spam or any other mail folder for Confirmation of Payment.. as I expect PayPal to have emailed you by now,check your PayPal email address if you have been mailed yet, I sent $4,049 in all, I have decided to add the amount of $1050 which I paid through PayPal, So you can now wire the sum of $950 to my Agent's Headquarters in UK via Western Union where they confirm all Commission Payment so that they can be able to schedule a suitable Pick Up Date and Time immediately.
As said earlier in my previous email,the Western Union Transfer can be done at the Post Office as their is a Western Union Section in all Post Office and can also be done via the Internet(www.westernunion.com).I added Extra $100 to cover the Western Union Charges which shouldn't be more that $60-75 but just to be sure I added $100.

Here is my Pick Up Agent Headquarter Info needed to get the money sent through Western Union Money Transfer:

Name: Robert Cole
Address: Hatfields,Rectory Lane,Loughton IG10 3RY.
United Kingdom

Note:PayPal won't release the funds until they get the western union information from you due to the fact that i emailed them about the excess payment i made.Please kindly email the necessary details to PayPal :the MTCN# which you will be given at the western union after the $950
has been sent as well as the sender's name and address used to send the money through western union so they can take necessary steps.
Await your response

>>>>>>>>>>>
E from PayPal - 2.11pm:

"This email confirms that Isaac Edeke has sent you $4,049.00AUD

View the details of this Transaction here:

Payment Details

Transaction ID: 9TQ95872YQ3810894P

Item #
Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
N/A
Car
1 $2,999.00
AUD
$2,999.00
AUD

Pick-up & Delivery:
(includes any pick-up delivery fees)
$1,050.00
AUD

Insurance:
(optional)
$0.00
AUD

Total: $4,049.00
AUD

This is to inform you that you are required to send a sum of $950.00AUD to the address below via Western Union Money Transfer and get back to us with the relevant information's which you will be provided with after the money has been sent. You are requested to give us the Mtcn# (Money Transfer Control Number) and the Sender's Name and Address used in making the transfer after which we will then credit the total sum of $4,0490.00AUD into your PayPal account. Below is the Address where the money is to be sent using Western Union Money Transfer.

Agent's Info: Robert Cole
Address:Hatfields,Rectory Lane,Loughton IG10 3RY.
United Kingdom

Address Status: Confirmed

Please note:
We wish to inform you that Isaac Edeke has made his intentions known to PayPal that he will like $950.00AUD to be sent to the recipient's address above via Western Union Money Transfer.

Click here to locate nearest Western Union Agent in your area or send money online.

Note:As this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, any inquiries and necessary information should be sent to us by directly replying to this message, because of the status of this transaction, it has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section,and all inquiries should be directed to this e-mail address as it is the one monitored for your transaction.

This payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED" but will not be credited into your account until the MTCN # is sent to us for verification, so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the relevant information required before your account will be credited.

Questions: Please reply to contact PayPal Customer Service Department concerning this Transaction.

All you have to do is to reply directly to this email with the MTCN and the Sender's Name and Address used when sending the money through Western Union Money Transfer. You will receive a "Confirmation Email" from PayPal Service informing you that your PayPal account has been credited with $4,049.00AUD as soon as the above information's has been received and Verified by us.

------------------------------ ------------------------------ ----------------------------------------

Please, understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect both the Buyer and the Seller.We apologize for the inconvenience that has caused you.

Because of the inconvenience this causes we are giving you the next two incoming transfers for free! You will pay no fees for your next two incoming transfers*.

PayPal will be responsible for any loss incurred during the course of this transaction.

With more than 147 million accounts worldwide, we are a leading online payment method you can trust!

Thank you for using PayPal®.
PayPal Security.

Scott Thompson
President
PayPal, Inc
>>>>>

Chris to Isaac
show details 2:47 PM (11 minutes ago)
Hi Isaac,

The transaction sounds a bit dodgy and sounds like a scam, I am not comfortable to send and payment through Western Union money transfer. I don't see why you couldn't just pay through PayPal for the price of the car and make this additional payment to your agent yourself.

I am not comfortable to proceed with the transaction on this basis, particularly as I am selling the car for my sister-in-law's partner.

Regards,

Chris

Isaac Edeke to me
show details 2:51 PM (7 minutes ago)
Nothing confused here mate, am not new to paypal and have been into many services so i know how it's all works paypal will not allow me do any separate payment... until this transaction is completed....all you need to do is to make the upfront payment of $750 via western union and get back to paypal the details which will be given to you at western union online or western union section at the post office as I have tried to make the Pyment by myslf but I dint bring my Credit Card along with me on Deck and there is definitely no Post Office out on Sea....so paypal will definitely put the money through as per the e-mail they sent to me which i think is also similar to yours....
As per the e-mail PayPal sent to me which is also similar to yours, you will have to pay an upfront payment of $950 out of your pocket via western union office at your post office to the address given to you, and you will be given the information requested which you will e-mail to PayPal by replying to the confirmation mail sent from them regarding the details you have from western union...and you will receive the whole money in your account without any delay, kindly read the mail sent to you very well...pls advice asap..

Thanks for your help,

Chris
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is a SCAM. Total BIG TIME SCAM. For scammers, Western Union
is their "home away from home". Don't send any money.
If you send $950 by WU, you can kiss it goodbye. That's the last
you'll ever hear from them.

You've come to the right place to ask that question. I will PM you also
to make sure you don't send money.

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
cjc19
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks again Brainiac,

No, I didn't get scammed for the information of all.

I've since had two sets of new emails:

1.:

jones mandy to me
show details 3:37 PM (34 minutes ago)

--
what is the asking price?
Forward
Chris to jones
show details 4:08 PM (3 minutes ago)
Hi Mandy,

As per the ad, the price is $2999.

Regards,

Chris

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 3:37 PM, jones mandy <[email protected]> wrote:

--
what is the asking price?

Forward
Jones Mandy to me
show details 4:10 PM (1 minute ago)
Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buying it now for my DAD and i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want the goods to be a surprise for DAD so i wont let him know anything about the goods until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with the Product. I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address and the price so i can make the payments asap for the goods and pls if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com.au and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through. have a pick up agent that will come and pick the goods up after i have made the payments...

>>>>>>>>>>>>

2.:

Bow Mercy to me
show details 3:56 PM (17 minutes ago)
What is your last offer ?
Forward
Chris to Bow
show details 4:08 PM (5 minutes ago)
Hi Bow,

As per the ad, the price is $2999.

Regards,

Chris

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Bow Mercy <[email protected]> wrote:
What is your last offer ?

Forward
Bow Mercy to me
show details 4:10 PM (3 minutes ago)
I am happy to read from you,i really appreciate it,i am an oceanographer and am currently at sea at the moment,i am buying the car as a gift for my dad, i want to make it a surprise for him,he wont know anything about the car until it get delivered to him,i can only pay through pay pal as i don't have access to my bank account online and i don't have internet banking,but i have my bank account attached to my pay pal account and this is why i insisted on paying you through pay pal.So pls kindly get back to me with your pay pal details,some pictures ,the address in which the car is and the service history so i can proceed with the payment and after the payment has been done, i have a pick up agent that will come around to pick the car up after i have made the payments for the car and also,he will come to sign all the necessary papers for me......

Would be keen to get both these guys (if they are in fact two people!).

Cheers,

Chris

p.s. thanks for your response.
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Both of these look like a Scam what you have to do is have NO more Contact as I am presuming that you are using details from your real life.

Visit this site for more info

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/index.php?sid=b89e7a7d0c3f7ded29af1b8fa0fd0add

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
partysan
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, here is a similar situation at http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184450

on scamwarners.com you'll find more, searching for " overpayment + paypal "

keep us updated.
b_leo14
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads,

Just got email from these guys with the same modus operandi. See below.
I replied - Isaac your details are all over the net. You can fool some people some time , you cant fool all the people all the time.

Anyway there is another one from NARA WEBB - I told him I sold my car to Isaac Edeke. Bastards!!!! Anyway guys thanks for the forum.

Thanks for the swift response Ben ...I would like to be sure about the Price for the Car now and I would love to be enlightened about the Present condition of the Car and I would like to see some Pics .But due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection as phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it.,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.
As for the payment..i will be paying you via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal).
I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included.
You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a PayPal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com.au and sign up. its very easy.I await your reply asap.

Isaac ..
fwoods8
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitly a Scam Got the same email Last Night about my Jet ski
I am selling, thought it was a scam, so i tricked him buy giving him
a couple of different prices giong as high as $50,000.00
and got the same responce everytime just wanted a paypal account
and name, but i did not give it ti him, but instead sent an email
saying he has been reported to the australian scam net.
dont think anyne will here from this one again but defenitly be aware
if unsure give a couple of different prices from small to very large
an authentic buy will call you a couple of choise words and then you
are probaly on a winner....
fwoods8
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry Watch out for anything that comes from @GMAIL>COM that is were all these scams seem to be coming from.
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mental note... IF I ever buy a car, don't use my gmail acount, don't use my gmail account, don't.....

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic