SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baiting a German scammer?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bro.nathan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all!

As some of you will remember, i posted a thread a few weeks ago about an ad on Craigslist, about an iPad for $400-some dollars, asking if it was a scam.

I recently saw a similar add on there, and decided to do some baiting.

So, i created an alias, (Mr. Jeremy Blough) and sent her and email.

Sure enough, she emailed back with the same kind of email, only her last name has changed. She still "lives in Tornino, Italy", and still uses the "TNT" shipping service.

After tracing her IP address again, like i did last time, i'm convinced its the same person, because the IP originates out of Germany...

Here are our emails so far...

>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 64GB 3G iPad from Craigslist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Torino, Italy.
I am selling the ipad for $450 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
The ipad is still available and I hope you are still interested. The ipad was bought brand new from Apple a few weeks ago.
About the ipad I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $450 price is everything that came with the ipad.
The ipad is here with me.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the ipad if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Ariana

Chief Logistic Officer
www.niinivirta.it

?>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello!

Yes, i'm interested in the iPad!

I was wondering how it would work for us to work the deal out though. That's a great price.

Do you have any more pictures of it? I'd like to make sure it's exactly as you said.

With it over in Italy, i obviously can't come over and see it, like i could if you were still in Omaha. I'm assuming that's where you were before you went, since you posted it on the Omaha Craigslist...

Before any transaction, i want to make sure it's as you say. Hope you can understand.

Thank you! Looking forward to working with you!

-Jeremy

---
"ein Geruch der Ratte I..."- Anon.

NOTE: Since i think she's in Germany, i put that german quote on the end... it translates as "i smell a rat" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Jeremy,

Well, I found a way to sell you the ipad that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the ipad before I receive my payment.
Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

http://ww-tnt.com/tnt.express.torino.depot.overseas.transactions/

I will pay the TNT shipping fee.

Thanks.

NOTE: The link didn't work for me, but i decided to ignore that for now...

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello again!

Thanks! What do i do to get started?

-Jeremy

---
"ein Geruch der Ratte I..."- Anon.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi,

OK, perfect. Let's agree to the terms of our deal now.
I will sell you the ipad for $450 with everything in the pictures included, I will use 2 day delivery and allow you 5 days to inspect it. Shipping is on me. Your total price will be the $450 for the ipad + a fee ($40) when sending the money to TNT. So, do we have a deal? At this point I need your name and address to start the deal.

Thanks.

NOTE: It seems like she didn't mind the little quote Smile

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I checked out the website link you sent me to try to get the money sent... but the link didn't work. I tried it on several computers and it still didn't work. It just said it couldn't find the server.

Any ideas? I'd really like to get this wrapped up before Thanks Giving day.

Thanks, and awaiting your reply,
-Jeremy

-------
"Wenn Sie dieses verstehen können, sind Sie eine Fälschung"- Anon.

NOTE: i changed the quote to "If you understand this, you are a fake" Let's see if she notices this Smile Smile

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If anyone has any ideas for me, i'd love to hear them. I'm purely new to baiting, and would like to try to bring this person into line, so to say Smile

The last time i worked with her (so to say) i ended up telling her that i had investigated her website (which did work, previously) and that i was fake, that her ad was fake, and urged her to repent and give her life to the Lord Jesus before it was too late. I told her she was stealing people's money, and that she'd have to answer to it on the judgement day... needless to say, she didn't reply... :-/

Thanks everyone!

-nate

Last edited by bro.nathan on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
ein Geruch der Ratte I...

It actually means "a smell of the rat I". Wink

You might want to try "Ich weiss dass du ein Betrüger bist" (I know you're a fraud), "da ist was faul" (something's fishy) or "mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale" (my hovercraft is full of eels).

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bankster wrote:
Quote:
ein Geruch der Ratte I...

It actually means "a smell of the rat I". Wink

That's what I thought...
Well.. I actually thought "a smell the rat I"... Very Happy

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What IP is it excactly? It might just be a proxy and nothing else...

I had some scammers from Berlin once and a Hamburg group was heavily baited once Smile

Those Berlin mugus had the normal consignment formart. The so-called lawyer, who had a -49 cell phone, knew no word of German other than "Ausweis" (ID card).

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
bro.nathan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's "her" IP

Yeah, i intentionally mixed up the German words to see if she would catch on...
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

172.158.40.100 = AOL Germany, proxy

Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That appears to reverse back to USA, AOL specifically - http://ip-lookup.net/index.php

Can you post the full headers please? Smile

Bill, may I ask where you got Germany from? I'm always happy to use more accurate tools Smile

Edi t- from here it would seem! http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/172.158.40.100

"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me

Last edited by evil_sheep on Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
bro.nathan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure...

Delivered-To: removed - Spot
Received: by 10.42.3.85 with SMTP id 21cs150570icn;
Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:50:08 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.224.216.71 with SMTP id hh7mr3011869qab.113.1288216207594;
Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:50:07 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from nm16.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com (nm16.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com [98.139.52.213])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id 12si542527qcd.47.2010.10.27.14.50.06;
Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:50:07 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning [email protected] does not designate 98.139.52.213 as permitted sender) client-ip=98.139.52.213;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning [email protected] does not designate 98.139.52.213 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from [98.139.52.197] by nm16.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Oct 2010 21:50:06 -0000
Received: from [98.139.52.163] by tm10.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Oct 2010 21:50:06 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1046.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Oct 2010 21:50:06 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 63584 invoked from network); 27 Oct 2010 21:43:25 -0000
Received: from pizdos-fceb5b8e ([email protected] with login)
by smtp114.biz.mail.re2.yahoo.com with SMTP; 27 Oct 2010 14:43:18 -0700 PDT
X-Yahoo-SMTP: ZCm5jbWswBBUqaKpBd9KQVisLigKML4pq1EicQ--
X-YMail-OSG: jrsvg7UVM1lzFDW8fjcgnDqCshHM0E5DcneJxyOo6kc2Bnp
Cwo2dnHZfClrciwPXVkO3wwJiZbFU6.wszj1F1ak2hwUFDkHDO523U7uBKwR
XCBLxOBIBa8Mz9dYU562_O1ckRQoZbK3nAU6PLjj5pT6DaMjarqzCtWbS0VM
ggBIEs1amFEJonnxqEeePwJIbb984VUBwRYnKp.7TsxjsRw89D07gwEyMWP4
Eyu9ENyVKWUnEWAVEIUWboEU-
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Subject: the 64GB WIFI + 3G iPad from Craigslist $450
To: removed - Spot
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 00:43:17 +0300
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="------------080503050802000301080106"
Message-ID: <6D2E9DE1EEE67152660A56FFF92E3664075621CF@pizdos-fceb5b8e>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Might want to edit out your email address Smile

Looks like it is an AOL user, in Germany.
AOL is in itself a giant proxy Very Happy

FREE BEER!

bro.nathan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks... i'm definitely a noobee Very Happy

Oh, great masters of scam baiting, any advice would be greatly appreciated and readily accepted Very Happy
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Brother Nathan (as in Barley?),

You seem to be doing pretty well by yourself so far, but if you're looking for more personal love, try the 419Eater mentor programme. Bunch of reprobates, sure, but good reprobates overall.

As for general advice, well just remember baiting is a power play. Initially you have to let the scammer have the power whilst you're getting them hooked, then you slowly take control of the relationship - start subtle by just slowing everything right down to one question per email, one email per scammer a day (this also means you can have maybe a dozen warming up slowly in case your main pet huffs off). Once he is invested in your story, you get to play with him more and more, and maybe get your safari or trophies!

I personally just use this slowly slowly technique to practice social engineering skills - real lofe free training, after all Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic