SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419Eater Banner Competition (Update on Page 3)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
extremeb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jpeg, right size, teaser, targetted, bright, cheeky, just add that 12 months to my ashortly-to-expire premium, cheers Rover Wink

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would be nice if I could read the writing though. Laughing

@extremeb - Nice perhaps we can play with the colours a bit.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is killing me! No time with a good enough program to build one and I have a few great ideas!!!! Sad

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rover wrote:
Would be nice if I could read the writing though. Laughing

Reading is overrated - everyone has read enough of these to read it as 'blah blah blah' anyway...

But seeing as it's you and you asked kinda nicely...

btw if you want the text in eater.ttf, PM and it'll be done...

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Badgerbait - download Gimp. It is Free and bloody fantastic and tons of gimp tutorials online Laughing

@manbiteslion Why not drop a 50 - 75% opaque white background around the text then turn it black. That should make it pop a tad.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rover wrote:
@manbiteslion Why not drop a 50 - 75% opaque white background around the text then turn it black. That should make it pop a tad.

Whatever makes you happy Smile

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rover wrote:
@extremeb - Nice perhaps we can play with the colours a bit.

Added colour (and small graphic)

my desire longs for your wet virginal which I intend to perfectly crest to a very high sense of you reaching a desirable organisms

* Rhymes with Orange
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to be a helpful, sharing, caring kinda sheep:

http://www.trueknowledge.com/q/5%3A00_pm_est_in_the_uk wrote:

When it is the time 5:00pm in Eastern Standard Time (the American time zone UTC -5)?

11:00pm British Summer Timezone

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just time for a little tweak..

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will lock this thread at 5pm EST. Today - You still have six hours left to get your entry in.

evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TWOFT.

Evil or Very Mad

"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me

Last edited by evil_sheep on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Evil sheep - I see nothing. Did you upload them to your premium Eater webspace and then place the image URL within [img ] amd [ / img] (excluding spaces) tags?

You will need to work pronto if you don't want uncle Rover to lock yo ass Wink

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@sheep They all show up ok for me (using IE8) except for the 120x600 (5th from the bottom) looks like its just missing

my desire longs for your wet virginal which I intend to perfectly crest to a very high sense of you reaching a desirable organisms

* Rhymes with Orange
extremeb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gag ad - Ok...so it was a slow day at work

* Rhymes with Orange
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion - they work fine in IE, just not all together in Firefox.
You can view them actual files in Firefox (one at a time) without any problems..

Confused

FREE BEER!

BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bobdemol wrote:

I must say I like this one most Smile it surely would have made me curious in summer 2006! Stresses the fun element in baiting.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The mods will be voting shortly. Thanks for entering. We will announce a winner next week.

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And the mods have voted!!

The good news is that I didn't win.
The bad news is that none of the other entries did either!!

Yes. They're a picky lot these moderators. They demand perfection. And although, so far, there have been some very good entries, there's nothing that's just pushed them over the edge and had them running around, screaming in delight.

So it's been decided that the competition will be re-opened and kept running until we see something we think is going to be a mind-blower.

A few little pointers:

Try to keep the wording to a minimum. No life stories or lengthy tirades against the lads!!
Try to keep the backgrounds simple. Nothing too gaudy or busy.
Try to keep the content simple. Remember, short and catchy always makes the best advert.
Try to keep baiter "in-jokes" to a minimum - we're looking for something that anyone can understand.
Try to keep the "technical" jargon that we baiters use to a minimum - you may know what a NOK scam is, but would a passer-by?
And unfortunately, the words "Shitfuckery", "Unhetero" and "Cock-wallet" are inadmissable in your entries. God knows, I fought to have them included but you know how it is...

Put yourself in the place of a person who knows absolutely nothing about scam-baiting or 419 fraud. How do you think that you can grab their attention with your banner?
Short and punchy should be the way to go.

So come on!! Back to the drawing board and get busy!!
Or I might make another one and it will definitely win (I'll rig the voting and some mods are easier to buy than others). Laughing

Good Luck!!!

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would argue that someone who knows nothing about 419 fraud should be heading over to scamwarners, not coming here... Not knowing about baiting, well ok, that's fine, but it's too much of a journey to take a load of net newbies right from cold to baiting whilst explaining about internet scammers in a single static image, it confuses people? A banner ad is an invitation to click to find out more, not an infomercial itself. Look at the google ads we get on this site, even the text ones are teasers, not essays. Including the thinly veiled pyramid/MLM wealth seminars ones.

I see the demographic breakdown for eater, to me it suggests an audience who will be generally more au fait with at least some of the scams they see in their inboxes, and they're the ones we will get the best conversion rates to new baiters with, not the web newbie grannies, etc. Baiters need a sense of mischief and adventure, then be helped to explore that.

But I would argue that, as that was exactly where I targeted that banner ad - to juxtapose the imagery with the text which our audience will tend to recognise, without having to spell out what baiting was as they'd find out quickly enough on landing here. Perhaps if there is a more precise brief as to what we are trying to achieve as an end result (who to attract, what we offer them, why us, do we just want readers, or baiters, target audience if not the demographics in the post)? Part of what my company does is targetted messaging for companies (and friends run ad and PR agencies), so an explicitly stated requirement will generally mean it's easier to satisfy that requirement.

Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
What he said.

FREE BEER!

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:

Perhaps if there is a more precise brief as to what we are trying to achieve as an end result (who to attract, what we offer them, why us, do we just want readers, or baiters, target audience if not the demographics in the post)? Part of what my company does is targetted messaging for companies (and friends run ad and PR agencies), so an explicitly stated requirement will generally mean it's easier to satisfy that requirement.

@manbiteslion.

Not knowing about 419 fraud is no handicap and doesn't require someone to visit scamwarners. I joined Eater without having ever read anything about 419 and I'd wager that plenty of other people here did the same. I'd never heard of baiting, received minimal scam mail and just landed on the off-chance being linked here from another site.

To answer your question above. We're looking to attract people like you. People with some semblance of intelligence who enjoy the sort of thing we do here (it takes a few brain cells to be able to bait). We're looking for readers and baiters.
Demographically, if I recall some of the polls posted here about the makeup of our membership, a slim majority tend to be 20-50 (so a broad age range) and are professional or white collar workers.
But (and this is a huge "but"), Eater attracts the whole cross section of society from 80 year old grandfathers who live in dumpsters (like Pastor Frank) to 18 year old whizz kids (like myself). Trying to pigeon-hole is going to be very hard as we literally attract every age group, career type and both genders - hence why I've restricted the description of the target audience in my post above to the "general public".

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
Quote:
Try to keep the wording to a minimum. No life stories or lengthy tirades against the lads!!
Try to keep the backgrounds simple. Nothing too gaudy or busy.

OK then...

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
Penguin Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Closed lad accounts Nigeria Ghana Mortar Sand Timer Cellphone Tattoo Safari Safari Linos: Togo-Benin Safari Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
Safari Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)
Pic of a beer drinking goat
CookieMonster
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

agreed bobdemol.

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts

Sand Timer 12 Months (on-going) - Vinod
T.W.A.T
Safari - Vinod
x3 - Vinod
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic