SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Newbie wants to inact revenge on a scammer + question on IP

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Seymour Butz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All

I found this site whilst trying to find info on an IP address (216.151.183.148) that has tried to scam us. So glad I did as it looks like I could get a lot of good info from here and have a lot of fun with him.

(if you want to skip my story and get to my question then go to last paragraph about hiding public IP address).

We're a small business and my colleague got sucked in by the scammer. His original email looked genuine as he was enquiring about a specific product we sell.

Unfortunately I was away from the office for a few days and so I wasn't there to warn my colleague that it looked like a scam. I've always told my colleagues to be very wary of enquiries from non specific email addresses such as yahoo and gmail. In my abscence my colleague unfortunately sent the scammer a pro-forma invoice which had our bank account numbers detailed on it. I guess no harm done really as there shouldn't be anything they can do with the bank account no.s

When I got back to the office I was immediately suspicious of the email - no telephone numbers and especially as another email came saying that he has accidently paid too much money to us and to "please contact me when you receive payment". I searched the net for the postal address they had provided of their so called business and of course it doesn't exist.

I've told my colleague to ignore all future emails from the scammer and not to reply anymore although it would be good to wind them up by asking for proof of bank payment and questioning the non existence of their company, but I think its now best to do it all anonymously so I am now on the war path:

i. I've created a fake gmail account
ii. I'm going to email the scammer as a new contact. Just going to say "Hello. I got your email. I'm interested. Please tell me more" and see if he bites.

Just one thing. I want to keep my IP address private as we have a static email address. From tests I've done with my yahoo email account, I see that yahoo include our public IP address in the email header. I tested sending an email from my newly created Gmail account and as far as I can see Google do not include my broadband public IP address. Can any of you guys confirm this is correct as otherwise I will use a dial in account and send emails whilst connected through dial up.

Thanks for any help.
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there Seymour Butz and welcome to eater Very Happy,

If you are worried about your IP adress showing then Gmail is definately the way to go. As long as you are sending mails through their interface it will not reveal your IP adress. It's a popular choice with many baiters. I see that you already created a fake addy and are not baiting from real life details. It looks like you have a decent head on your shoulders and will do fine here Very Happy

You'll find many ideas and hints in the stickys on the forums, be sure to check Eater University for beginner and more advanced topics, and apply for a mentor. You will get a more experienced baiter assigned to you that can help you hold your hand and assist you with any questions. Ofcourse you are always free to just ask on the forums aswell Very Happy

Enjoy your time here, bait safe and good luck!

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Seymour Butz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for confirming that and for the tips Caligula

Now its off to have some fun Very Happy
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater Seymour Butz

Just one thing:
Seymour Butz wrote:
I guess no harm done really as there shouldn't be anything they can do with the bank account no.s

You shouldn't be too sure about that - I've heard of scams where the scammers fake a letter with companies' official letter heads and send it the bank, asking for a transfer, sending a cheque or whatever they may come up with.

That format is probably not so common any more, but I still think, it would be wise to notify the bank about this Exclamation

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
Seymour Butz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Thanks. I was slightly concerned so as a precaution I did contact our bank both by phone and in writing.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seymour Butz wrote:
as another email came saying that he has accidently paid too much money to us and to "please contact me when you receive payment"

It is possible he will "flash" your bank account with money belonging to someone who has given away his on-line banking details as a result of being phished. Then ask you to return some of it via Western Union.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I didn't think of that - sorry Embarassed

But in that case it should be easy to get the money back to the victim Wink

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic