SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A tempting offer which I cannot refuse.. (1st Bait)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The start of a looooooong, slow bait... not quite finished but I've lost my interest in this as it takes forever for the fun to start.. it was my first real baiting attempt.

Introducing my character, J. Erk0v (pun intended, obviously!) who is the head of a financial institution in a country far, far away.. so far away actually, that not even Google knows where it is.

Introducing my lad, John M4t, who will drag on and on and become annoyed along the way. Also guest-starring the 'banker', mr. J4mes L1thuli, who's only feat is that he replies to emails once a week.

----
My name is Mr John Goodman,

I am a Banker in one of the reputable Bank here in my Country South Africa . I have decided to contact you on a business proposal of $15.5M ( Fifteen Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars ).

The depositor of the said fund died with his wife and children in an airline crash. The deceased customer used his wife as the next of kin but unfortunately, The wife died along side with him leaving nobody for the claim.

According to our Banking law, If the fund remained unclaimed for a period of ten (10) Years then the fund will be transferred into Government Reserves as unclaimed and forfeited. So that is why I have come up with this deal to prvent this by making a claim for the funds.

You will then present yourself as the next of kin appointed by the court (as I will arrannge the neccessary court documents to make you next of kin) so the Bank will then transfer the fund into your Bank account at your request..Your percentage will be 40% while 60% will be for me.

As an insider in this Bank, I assure you that, this transaction is 100% risk free and legal. Its success will bring your family and mine to an everlasting relationship in future.

The transaction will take us only 10 Bank working days depending on your swift response. If you are willing to do the transaction with me, Contact me for more details and give me:

1) Your full names
2) Contact Telephone numbers

Mr John Goodman

Reply to: [email protected]

Hello mr. Goodman,

How sorry to hear the depositor of these enormous funds has perished in a crash. God may rest their souls eternally.
As a representative of one of the largest financial institutes in the Republic of Western Groningen, a separated province of our country, I might be able to help you with the business you proposed.

I do however have a questions for you before we may begin the actual process.

- If you really are a banker from South Africa, how come you use a Yahoo address from China? (Your e-mail address is @yahoo.CN !).
- How are you planning on delivering the money to our proud nation? We have only very recently separated from our country and do not currently
have an adequate banking system up and running.

This last question also relates to the phone number matter. We do not currently have access to cellphones as we're busy setting up our own independent telephone company. In my business position I'm also largely responsible for financing this operation, so any effort from your part to help us receive the money faster will be very welcome.

Kind regards,

J. E.

My friend i have my reasons for using yahoo.cn. as you know this is a deal and i wanted to distance myself from it since i am still serving at my bank. please do understand. As for the delivery of the money, please you have to follow the procedure for the claim. The fund will be transferred to your bank account once we are able to convince my bank that you are truly the beneficiary of the fund. I have made adequate plans to make this deal a success and it is your cooperation, understanding and commitment that is needed to seal it.

Regards

John Goodman

Hi John,

Sorry for replying so late.

Well, considering how China is monitoring your internet use then - your Yahoo account - and how some of these e-mails are supposedly 'fake' (please assure me you're not lying about this!) and considered criminal in nature by some people, I trust your word for it for now.. else the Chinese government would probably find you easily Smile

In any case - as I mentioned, the Republic of Western Groningen has only recently separated so we don't have a formal banking system in effect yet. We're lucky to have internet at all freely available at this time.

Please advise how to proceed, I do not have access to a federate bank and it seems our proud nation won't have a decent system up and running soon..

Regards,

J. E.

Last edited by Popiejopie on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(Keep in mind this already took 3 days so far...)

Dear Friend

Thanks for your response; this is to acknowledge receipt of your mail in view of my business proposal. I do hope you are willing to cooperate with me in executing this transaction of mutual benefit. Anyway, I will have to explain the details of the transaction to your understanding before we take further actions. You have to trust me because without trust in a business of this nature we can't succeed.

I work with Capitec Treasury Finance here in South Africa. We had a client named MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER from Munich, Germany. He was a contractor and a property magnate. I was directly assigned to him as his relationship manager/financial adviser. He made several deposits (fixed) with Capitec Treasury group amounting to $15.5 million for which I was the portfolio manager. Upon maturity, several notices where sent to him but we never got a response until we discovered that he died along with his entire immediate family members in an air crash in the year 2000.

Since then nobody has done anything as regards the claiming of this money because to the best of my knowledge apart from his wife (Now late too) no other family member who is aware of the existence of neither the account nor the funds. As his relationship manager every of the activities regarding the locating of the possible next of kin revolves round my desk. I therefore decided to look for a reliable foreign partner to work with since our banking regulation requires that unclaimed funds after a period of Nine (10) Years will be paid into the states reserve and forfeited to Government.

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that i would like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to the late Andreas Schranner so you will be able to receive his funds. ALL MODALITIES HAS BEEN WORKED OUT FOR A SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION!! The Strategy is to use my influence as the relationship manager/financial adviser in the bank to approve the funds in your name as the beneficiary of the fund. I have contacts in the South African department of Justice who can facilitate preparation of necessary legal documents that will back you up as the next of kin to Mr. Andreas Schranner. So that should not be a source of concern to you.

Please if you are interested in working with me, provide your Full Names, occupation, age, residential address and contact telephone number so that my contact who will handle the title documents can commence his job. As soon as this is done a letter of probate will be issued in your favor for making you the Administrator of the late Mr. Andreas Schranner’s Estate and with this you can make application for the release of the funds. There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going to adopt legal methods in applying for the release of the funds to you. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue.

You can call me on the below number

Kind Regards,

Mr. John Goodman

Tel: +27-734-212-381 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +27-734-212-381      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +27-734-212-381      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +27-734-212-381      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Hello John,

Sorry for my late reply, I have been out of the country on some business that needed my attention. As you know, our country has recently seperated and became a republic of it's own. I've been assigned the glorious task of setting up a financial institution to get things back up and running again here and therefore had (and might have in the near future) some out-of-town business.

For now, will it suffice if I give you the following information?

Full Name: J. <snip>
Residential Address : Embassy of the Republic of Western Groningen (sorry, that is how it is for the moment!)
Contact telephone number : (869) 469-9040

Please be aware, our country is still setting up it's international telephone lines. Our political situation with the country we've separated from is not very stable and our direct 'neighbours' might or might not provide telephonic communications at certain points in time.

Kind regards,

J.

Dear J. E.

I have received your information but please giving an embassy as your address is not acceptable. My bank or the justice department will not accept that as a valid address. So please you have to send me a residential address. Moreover, you have to give me your name in full and not initials. I am not sure you realize the enormity of this transaction

Regards

John

Hi John,

Sorry, I will provide you with the address of one of my closest associates. Do not worry, he will not be notified of our communications unless you'd want to.
As I'm now leading a huge financial project in our country I'm very well aware of the enormity of funds involved. Please do not treat me as any regular person you'd come across on the internet my friend.

My full name is J0hannes C0enr4edus Barthol0meus Erk0v, it is often misspelled therefore I usually shorten it to 'J.'

The address I can be reached at is :

Surhuisterveensestraatweg 55b, Bellingwolde, Republic of Western Groningen

Kind regards
J.
Ofcourse, the address is totally fabricated based on the names of various towns across the northern part of the Netherlands. Although 'Groningen' is a province of the country, it never has been nor ever will be a republic of it's own Wink

We're 2 weeks into the bait now:

Dear Joh4nnes Erk0v

All required information has been received. So, i have called my contact at the justice department who will be perfecting the necessary documents which will give you the required right to the fund and I was told they will be ready in few days once I give them your information. So I will like you to be serious about this business as this is going to cost me my life savings. The perfecting of the documents will cost me a fortune but since I know the benefits of what we are doing I do not mind. Therefore, I implore you to be serious and committed to this venture so that we can together reap the benefits, which you are already aware is life transforming. I want to solicit your understanding, total devotion, cooperation and trust.

Note that if you are in business relationship, first there must be understanding; parties involved must be willing to share responsibilities and gains.

Let it be known to you that this project is highly capital intensive, this is why I have to be very careful and must be sure if the person I have chosen is capable and willing to work with me; I need your total devotion and trust to see this through. I know we have not met before, but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this project. We are total strangers coming together to embark on a project that requires absolute mutual trust. Please you have to know that there is a role for you to play in this project for it to be realized successfully.

Note also that the relationship that will be established between you and the deceased customer is “uncle” or cousin as the case may be. You know this is a deal and since all modalities for this transaction to be hitch free has been perfected you do not need to be afraid. So what ever relationship the letter of administration will establish should not be a source of concern for you.

It will be a bad thing if you decide to abandon me at the middle of this transaction for one reason or the other, so I will want you to make up your mind and be resolute about it. If you have any question or doubts in your mind please bring it up so that we can trash it out. If you want any adjustment to the percentage ratio please state it now because we have to tackle all issues before we go further so that we will not have any reason to spoil this deal later. And if you are not comfortable please honourably withdraw so that I can find another partner because my career is at stake here.

Once I receive your email or telephone call giving me the assurance that you are ready to work with me, I will furnish them with your information to commence immediately. Once the documents are ready, I will send them to you and let you know how to write an application to the bank on how to release the funds to you. I have assured you that this transaction will be hitch free and will be pursued employing legal channels.

However, we must cooperate to make this deal a success. There should be that mutual trust, commitment, understanding, interest and effort/contributions in the spirit of partnership.

Thanks
John Goodman
[/b]

Last edited by Popiejopie on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi John,

I've received and understand your email. You may carry on with whatever procedures you deem necessary.
May I remind you, not sure if I mentioned this before, I'm in the middle of a huge financial job at the moment and may have to leave town for 2 days later this week. Also, tomorrow is a national holiday, it would be more difficult to reach anyone if necessary.

Regards,
J.

No news from our lad. I decide to fire it up a little after a few days. Here's the reply:

Hello Johannes E.<snip>

As I said before I will give you update from time to time as the process progresses.

I am glad to inform you that my contact at the justice department told me this afternoon that the process has been started, so far everything is moving on fine and hopefully, by today the documents will be ready. So we have to join hands in prayers for a success. Anyway i want to assure you that with the machineries on ground everything will go well. According to him the affidavit was secured yesterday

However, he has assured me that everything will come out successfully, so let us keep our fingers crossed.

Regards

John Goodman

Hi John,

Thanks for your update. Would it perhaps be possible for you to send me a picture of yourself? That way I would be able to see who I'm talking to, and it would
help set my mind at ease about this whole operation. Just so I can verify it's the real 'you', would you include a sign on the picture? Say, you were holding a
sign that said "I'm associated to J. E.". Do you think that would be possible?

Ofcourse it's nothing 'spectacular' but it would definately help me deal with this whole thing as there is a lot of money concerned and I would like to verify who I'm talking to.

Regards,

J.

Dear Johannes

I am not happy with your email at all. I am the one that is supposed to be demanding what you are now demanding from me. Besides, the time you come up with this demand give me great concern because i feel you want to hold me to ransome because you now know that the documents are in your name.

Listen and listen good, i do not have time for such photo shots okay. I will try to see if i can send you a copy of my passport but i will only do that after i receive yours because i am losing trust in you right now

Regards

John Goodman

Hi John,

I told you explicitly that it's not a 'demand', just stated that it would affirm the trust I have in this whole agreement. The mere fact that you get upset about my request does prove to me that you're serious about this whole ordeal. Thank you for that.

You must, however, also recognize that in my function and current job, I'm not very dependent on the money. Yes; the amount of money involved will definately be put to good use but I'm financially stable as it is. I've been functioning the weeks before your initial proposition without it. We have a saying here that goes "you have the 'no', you can gain the 'yes'". If you know what I mean.

There is no need for you to "raise your tone" with me as I am very capable of turning this whole matter upside down on you. You're the one who came to me with a proposal, which -even now- I'm willing to accept.

Regards,
J.

Hello Johannes

I received your email and understood the content fully, anyway, the most important thing is that you are not abandoning the project. i do know that with the current job you have, you will be inundated with a lot of fund but you also know that you do not depend on one source. Since we have this opportunity at our disposal, i do not think i would be a bad idea for you to also add this to your treasury. I really appreciate the fact that you already realize that it is an opportunity we must explore and it is only you and i that can make it a reality.

By the way, information reaching me from my contact at the justice department confirmed that the documents are ready. However, I wanted to collect them yesterday but it was not possible because I still owe some balance of the money we agreed upon.

The total money agreed upon to pay them for the documentation is an equivalent of $27,360.00 but I have been able to pay $22, 000.00, so it is just left with an outstanding of $5,360.00. It has not been easy though but since I have made up my mind to do this I will ensure i get it done what ever it may take. So do not worry I am making plan to pay the balance. I do not want to bother you about this at all so please do not feel bad, I just felt as my partner I should let you know what is happening. They will release the documents to me once I pay the balance to them, and I plan to do that possibly today or Monday. Although I did not have that much cash as they requested for the documentation, I went all out to get loan here and there to ensure I was able to raise the much I already gave them. For the balance I want to pawn my car and sell a few of my shares. I believe in the slogan; winners never quit and quitters never win. I am not a quitter so I will do everything to get the documents so that you can contact my bank to make the application for the release of the fund.

You can see all what I have gone through to get the documents requisite for the claim. Thus, please you have to be very cautious the way you relate with the treasury operations department when you contact them. You must be confident suggesting you are the legitimate beneficiary of the fund as the administrator of Late Andreas Schranner’s estate. Do not worry modalities for a successful claim is watertight. I will closely monitor events around your file.

I will give you a call but you may also give me a call on my private line +27-734-212-381 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +27-734-212-381      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +27-734-212-381 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Regards

John Goodman

It's now just over 14 days into the bait..

Last edited by Popiejopie on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Joh4nnes C. B. E.

I was able to get the balance amount as I said, so I have paid to them and collected the paper work; I am so happy that everything went well. I herewith attach them to this mail.

My friend, I would want you to put in all efforts to ensure we complete this whole transaction in the next few days as everything has been perfected to ensure there is no hitch. I am also attaching an application format along with the title documents on how you will contact my bank for the release of the fund to you. Below are the contact details of the department of the bank to contact:

Email: [email protected]

Phone: +27839139039 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +27839139039      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +27839139039 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Fax: +27866145780

You should write and send the application to them also you should make sure you attach the title documents to the application. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU CALL THEM SO THAT PROMPT ATTENTION COULD BE GIVEN TO YOUR APPLICATION.

Remember that confidentiality is our watch word. You must be very careful not to let my bank know i initiated this claim process. It will be very disastrous for me. Hope you understand. So be careful not to forward any of my emails to them.

Kindly, keep me updated with your discussions with the bank so we can put heads together in answering any questions they may ask.

I am awaiting your response.

Thanks

John Goodman

Explanation : I'm on a business trip to Nigeria, just checking if our baiter who he says he is. It would perhaps be tempting to meet up. Too bad I didn't discover the mail header-tool on this site yet Wink

Hi John,

Just another quicky: flight is slightly delayed, now at the airport, flying to Lagos in a few minutes. Documents received. Will contact you soon. Flight number is DL 9587 if you want and can track it.

Regards,
J.

Dear Johannes

i do not need to track your flight. For what purpose should i do that?

Please let me know when you have contacted the bank. I wish you safe journey

Regards

John

Hi John,

I arrived in Lagos (and now in Benin) safely late last night, things are going well here. There's no 'need' to track the flight I took, just thought you may be interested since I'm going to help you out on a multi-million dollar deal, but I suppose it's not all that interesting is it.

Will contact the bank soon, I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
J.

J0hn wants me to fill in some stupid forms.

Dear John,

I'm sorry I don't have the time right now to involve myself with petty forms that need to be filled in. I've requested my lawyer to do so and he will contact me by the end of the week. I've also tried to call your bank by the number you gave me but there was no response. Are you sure it was the correct number?

Regards,
J.

John calls the number I gave him before and figured it was a tourist information line on some remote Caribbean island. I made up an excuse not to call him saying I couldn't reach anyone when I called and hung up

Hi John,

Thank you for your clarifications. There is an issue I need to discuss with you first though, I may or may not have told you about this before but I feel it's appropriate to tell you now as we're about to conclude this business agreement soon. Last year, I was involved in a big car accident where I lost most of my hearing. There is a constant 'whistle' in my head which makes it very difficult to communicate over the phone to anyone. Usually, when people talk to me in person or on the phone, I just ask them to speak up so I can hear them better. If there was indeed a switchbox at the phonenumber I called, it would have been impossible to ask for it to speak louder and I'm afraid I didn't hear the instructions properly.

Can you inform the bank that they can e-mail me or whom I can contact by email, or ask them to turn up the volume of their answering device? I will be able to call after that has been done, or communicate by email otherwise.

The forms are nearing completion, my lawyer tells me (which was very hard because there were difficult questions involved) and might be able to send them back before this week is over. I will ofcourse forward them soon.

Once you have the forms in your possession, can you assure me the money will be transferred soon?

Regards,
Johannes

We're a full month into the bait now.

Last edited by Popiejopie on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are not a sincerre person.

First i told you i work with this bank and i do not want to put myself in a compromising position. How then do you expect me to process this. You are expressly determined to put me in trouble. You are supposed to contact my bank directly. I do not know what you are thinking.

Second, if you do not send your identity i will not send mine because as it is i do not trust you. You may just be a secret agent of the authorities.

i would not mind to forfeit all that i have spent. that is part of life anyway

John

and immediately afterwards, following the "I am deaf and couldn't hear the phone" excuse I sent:

No! NO!! No!!! you are not the person i thought you were. There is something wrong somewhere. I regret getting to this stage with you

Dear John,

I'm sorry for my last reaction, I've sent the documentation to the e-mail address of the bank you gave me a while ago. If you're still in this with me, I might be so generous as to provide you with 8% of the finances I gain from this deal.

Regards,
J.

Which deal are you talking about? Is it our deal or the deal you are executing in your country? If it is our deal, you know i have my own percentage but if it is the one you are executing in your country i will appreciate it.

John

Hi John,

Has your bank been closed the past few days? I sent the forms but haven't heard anything yet.

Regards,
J. E.

Some discussion concerning John's involvement arise

That should be between you and i. You not expect me to exposed myself to my bank as being part of the deal, right? You are should be more intelligent than that.

I plan to visit you once you have the fund in your account.

Regards

John

Hi John,

I was just wondering how you would stay involved once the bank and I settle things (still haven't heard from them, by the way). You think I should ask them about the forms I've returned? This is taking quite long.
Coming over is no problem, ofcourse. With the soccer championship which will start soon, I might even be in South Africa for one or two games myself. Will inform you on that when I know the details of that trip.

Regards,
J.

Dear Sir,

We acknowledged receipt of your mail and we are waiting for the verification report from our compliance department once we receive this we shall get back to you.

Meanwhile let us have a phone number we can reach you on.

Thanks

James Lithuli
(Group Head Treasury Operations)

Hello Johannes

i was able to find out that you have already been contacted; so what is happening?

John

Dear Sir,

This phone number you gave us belongs to an An international Airport?
you must give us a direct number to reach you as you are not know on this number you provided.

Thanks

James lithuli
(Group Head Treasury Operations)

Hi James,

That's strange. Well, as the case may be, the number I was provided seems to have misplaced or transferred to someone else. Can you tell me which airport it was? I will have my lawyers take appropriate actions to reclaim the phonenumber.

In any case, there is an issue regarding the telephone lines in our country - I've requested a free number online where you can reach me. It's a voicemail box that I can reply on (I'm a very busy businessman and more often than not unreachable by phone directly because of meetings I attend to). The mailbox is 1-504-353-2500 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-504-353-2500      end_of_the_skype_highlighting and press the "*" button to leave a message. I will be notified at once so I can reply swiftly.

Kind regards,
J.C.B. E.

Last edited by Popiejopie on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The banker claims that he cannot pursue this as I don't have a phone..

That will be difficult as you claim my number does not work. Have you already left a voicemail? If not, I recommend you doing so. I lead a financial institution myself, deals of this magnitude cannot be relied on by phone as I require full written transcriptions. E-mail is suitable for this to leave a papertrail, surely you must understand that. Either you contact me, or you will have to wait until I have the time to contact you. At present, this may take a while as I'm planning on an overseas trip starting this Thursday where I might be unreachable.

Regards,
Joh. C. B. E.

Hi John,

Why am I dealing with a bank that doesn't understand the importance of PAPER TRAILS for deals like this? They can't even use a normal phone to contact me. Is this still a serious deal, John?

Maybe you can contact this James Lithuli and make him an offer he cannot refuse.. I don't have the time to spell everything out for this person.

I know it's not your fault, but if it's the bank you work for, maybe you can explain their internal procedures to me. I've been waiting for James Lithuli's response for well over a day now. Can I charge him the missed interest once I receive the funds that I inherit because of all this delay?

Regards,
Joh. E.

The way you talk make me wonder the manner of person i am dealing with. Ha Ha!!! You said i should meet with James Lithuli and make him an offer; on what ground should i do that. Look you are a professional adult and you cannot pretend not to know that what we are doing is unethical and my career is on the line. Why did i contact you if i can do it myself, you are the front and i am acting behind the curtain. My friend wake up!!!

i do not understand what you mean by the type of phone they contact you with, well we have our procedure and i beg you to follow up. By the way, you do not expect james to always be on your case when he has a lot of activities on his desk, it is your responsibility to call or write email to always remind him. Ofcourse it is his official duty but if you want things to be don fast as we desire it then you must be on your toes all the time

Regards

John

Hi John,

You're dealing with a very busy businessman in the financial industry, who doesn't rely on money which you claim I'm entitled to, trying my utmost to do business with a bank representative who doesn't know how to leave a message when he needs me. Ofcourse I understand, better than anyone, that this James Lithuli has other business to attend to but even simple requests cannot be answered by him. I asked you if you could check on the proceedings and as I recall, you mentioned that you'd carefully check to inform how things are going. Well, how are they going, John?

If this whole ordeal cannot be closed by the end of next week, I may have already lost my patience and will continue with other ventures as I see fit. If it is a matter of fact, I recently received an offer from someone in Ghana that is willing to sell me some gold. We're far into negotiations and so far, honestly, it's moving along faster than this deal.. I've spent $2000 USD on it so far and expecting a shipment within 2 weeks. But that's all beside the point.

I'll also tell this James Lithuli that I cannot be delayed by his incompetence. I am aware that you can't intervene but I thought you should at least know this.

Regards,
Joh. C. B. E.

We're 6 weeks into the bait....

Hello James,

You must be a very busy man, but I'm hoping you have the time to look at this case by the end of today. I'd like this matter solved before the end of next week, if you need help with anything, let me know. I can always try and contact one of your colleagues if you're overflowed with work.

There is a lot of business I'm currently attending to and honestly, you can't expect me to sit on the phone all day. Leave a message if you will and I'll contact you as soon as I can. As stated before, paper trails of any transaction above $5000 is required to obtain any kind of money through electronic means (it's a governmental thing, unfortunately) so no matter if we speak on the phone, I will also need written transcriptions anyway. Therefore my preference is using e-mail from the start to avoid double administrations.

Regards,
Joh. C.B. E.

I'll whine to J0hn for a bit..

Hello Johannes

I understand perfectly your complain. If anybody wants this business completed faster then it is me however, as you already know i am a little handicapped since i cannot push things to avoid being suspected as having a vested interest. Therefore, all i will like to call for here is a little patience. I will try to look at things and give you feedback.

This email you sent is more subtle because the one i reacted to you suggested and meet him and work things out with him. So i was surprised because it seemed you have forgotten the circumstances. Nonetheless, i am happy you understand the implication of your suggestion.

I will pray that everything move faster and smoothly because if this deal fails them my life has failed because i put in more than my capacity could carry. So please my friend just hang on and be get more on the attack by email to him once you do not hear from him. Putting the pressure on me might not make much difference at this stage, hope you understand

Regards

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply, I was away for the weekend so I haven't seen it until now.
So far, no reply from the bank since May 26th, I keep my hopes up this will be resolved soon but fearing more delay at the same time.. I've already sent 2 reminders, will await what happens next.

Regards,
Joh. E.

John asks why I won't send reminders..

Hi John,

As I stated in the previous mail, I already sent out 3 reminders over the course of last week. I sent the 4th reminder since May 26th just now.

Regards,
Johannes

Last edited by Popiejopie on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok then let us wait. However, if your last reminder was on the 26th, i think it would have been nice if you send another today. This is our deal not of lithuli or any other person at the bank you must understand that. So we are supposed to be more anxious. their silence could be a strategy to find out if you are genuine or fronted. These are some things we should expect since the fund has been there for a long time. So the heat should come from you the beneficiary who has put in the application

I do hope you understand me?

regards

John

Yes John, I understand perfectly well I'm the one doing the work here. And I don't like it.

Hi John,

I understand, but I already told you 3 times now that I've sent 4 reminders *since* the 26th of May. The 4th reminder was sent today, the other three on the 26th, 27th and 28th of May. I mail them every day and I don't hear anything back, that's the problem.

Point is, in your first mail you mentioned the funds will expire after 10 years, which will be the first week of July if I'm not mistaken. And it will be June 1st tomorrow, which means we have only 1 month left to finish this up.

I'll sent another reminder in a few minutes. This is getting ridiculous. But I know it's not something you or I can do much about at this point, the ball is in the bank's park, so to speak.

Regards,
Johannes

Dear Sir,

You do not have to dictate to us what to do. You claim to be a business man and how do you do a business of this magnitude without a proof of whom you are dealing with? So at this stage we will need a copy of an identity document of yourself (International Passport or drivers license). This will enable us have confidence in dealing with you otherwise we shall handover your case to the Interpol to verify whom you are. All this problems should have been solved by providing us with a telephone number to contact you on. I wonder if communicating by email is not much difficult than talking on phone to a businessman?

Thanks

james lithuli

Hello James,

Obviously, I am forced to dictate what you must do, as you cannot seem able to answer more than 1 e-mail per week. Doing business of this magnitude should actually mean YOU coming down HERE to do business, not even by e-mail or phone. I give YOU the benefit of the doubt in this for now. It's not the point if communicating through a phone is more or less difficult than e-mail, but as I said, OUR way of working requires a paper trail for tax purposes. You as a banker should know that better than anyone, or you would have had a lot of trouble with the tax agency already.

Speaking of a copy of an identity document: you can be aware of my identity as I provided you with signed documentation regarding the release of funds already, I think - or rather, I know for sure - that it is YOUR turn to prove YOUR identity to ME.

As you are very well aware, the funds I'm entitled to will expire in exactly one month from now. It would be in our mutual interest if you make haste with the proceedings from now on.

Wishing you a very nice day,

Regards,
Joh. C.B. E.

Hi John,

Finally, James Lithuli replied to me about an hour ago. Too bad he can't seem to do business without insulting his customers (namely, me). I don't like where this is going, John. Not your fault, but so far, the delaying party in this seems to be the bank. I've also reminded Mr. Lithuli that the funds will expire in exactly a month from today, as I recall from your initial mail (don't worry, I didn't tell him about your influence in this matter!). That would be something I would be aware of as next-of-kin to mr. Schranner, and so would the bank if their administration is done properly.

Will keep you updated how things are going.

Regards,
Joh. C.B. E.

John is getting slightly annoyed with me..

Well i do not know what to do

Well John, I think I do know what to do. I'm pulling the plug on this deal. It's been taking up way too much of my time. I seem to be the only one serious about this whole deal as *I* am doing all the work here for the past 4 weeks.

I'm expecting a shipment of gold.. yes, GOLD, from Ghana coming week and I decided to focus on that and prepare for other ventures that I got offered recently. This bank you put me in contact with is totally incompetent.. what kind of people work there?? Is it a serious job or just a hobby project of someone?? Really, they can't seem to make phonecalls, return emails, not even make up excuses of why they won't reply. I'm done with it. I'll notify the bank immediately after sending this email that they will have lost a customer due to incompetence or ignorance.

Wishing you luck with whatever comes on your path,

Joh. C. B. E.

Hello James,

I'm pulling the plug on this whole thing. Your incompetence, or ignorance - I haven't decided which, is beyond ridiculous. It's not like I'm in dire need of the funds that I'm entitled to, but if any bank is as careless as you are, I'll take my chances and just leave it for what it is.

I'm just glad I won't have to explain to MY boss (unlike you) that I've lost more than 10 million dollars because of your incompetence.

Regards,

Joh4nn3s Co3nr4edus B4rth0lomeus Erk0v

I have to sleep over this email before i make comment. This is really devastating. I want to review your communication with me so far before i decide on what to say because this is a serious blow

Regards

John

Hi John,

Do what you must, but I'm not actively pursuing this deal anymore until at least somebody (you, the bank, or whoever else) takes some serious action. I'm done doing all the work for everybody here.

Regards,
J.

Last edited by Popiejopie on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not feeling good about you following your comments and the report i am getting from the department following my secret findings

John

John,

Neither did I, after spending more than a month of my valuable time trying to do business with an incompetent banker. I cannot afford to be bothered by small details your banker wants to bother me with and will await some concrete actions.

Regards,
Joh. C. B. E.

Nothing from the bank, not even an email with apologies. Ridiculous.

Case closed as far as I'm concerned. I'm also running into problems with the shipment of gold I'm expecting from Ghana. Wouldn't mind to keep any options open but would like to have some input on what to do.

Regards,
J.

Hello James,

You're not replying to my e-mails anymore. What's up with that?

Regards
J.

2 months into the bait now

May be you are not relating with them on a cordial note. What else can i say because you kept complaining. I knbow that my bank provide quality services to her clients so yours cannot be an exception. Something is amiss somewhere which you have refused to tell me

Regards

John

In that case I wouldn't know. I just believe that receiving one email per week (!!) where this James Lithuli is listing everything he CANNOT do, is not 'sufficient'.
We're running out of time, John. It's almost half June and the funds, you explained, will expire July 1st.

The only thing that was required of me is sending the paperwork to the bank. Which I did. Now I've been waiting for.. what? 3 weeks? for a follow-up. Is that too much to ask, John? Didn't you take up a loan just to pay your lawyer to provide the paperwork to settle this deal? Does that mean nothing to you?

All I ask (both you, and the bank) is why I am the one doing the work here. If this deal is still serious, which I really doubt now, someone would have done something useful by now. I'm not 'rude' to James, at least not that I know of - but how would I know if he never replies to anything I send??

Dangling another last carrot
Oh by the way, I will be flying to South Africa this Sunday for the soccer game between Ghana and Serbia, I'll be meeting up with one of my business liaisons from Ghana during the match. I could extend my trip for a day or 2 if you want to meet up, or me coming to the bank to settle things myself.

Hello James,

I am now in South Africa as I will be attending the Dutch soccer team match against Denmark while I meet up with other business associates. Please provide me with an address of your bank so I can stop by for a visit later this afternoon or tomorrow to resolve this matter.

Regards
J. E.

Of course it will be great for you to come to the bank but do not involve me, okay

John

Yes, I've asked the address of the bank. Will be staying in South Africa until tomorrow evening. Haven't received any reply whatsoever - no phone, no address, no nothing. Can you give me the address so I can come over? I know the man I'm dealing with (or lack thereof) is named James Lithuli but I don't know any details.

That's today, so far, no news.
BankRep
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there,

We followed your interesting conversations with the scammer and as entertaining as that was, it does sadden us that the scammer decided to use Capitec Bank as part of his back story.

This is of course another classic example of a 419 scam, likely to have emanated from Nigeria. As an actual representative of Capitec Bank, I would like to highlight the fact that the scenario the scam artist painted is completely implausible, and would take the opportunity to urge anyone who has received these types of emails to ignore them, be they from an oil trader in the Congo, or a supposed employee of a reputable South African bank.

This is a scam, and usually ends up with a request for the victim to deposit some of their own money into a bank account, in order to access the millions which await them, and it is unfortunate that our name seems to have been used in one of these shady pursuits.

Best Regards,
Capitec Bank
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Howzit Bankrep.

Welcome to Eater. Thank you for the info.

Rover

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@BankRep : thanks. The IP address does, however, seem to originate from South Africa. The person in question uses a China-based email address. He's still sending mails occasionally but it's not leading anywhere concrete.

No! NO!! No!!! you are not the person i thought you were. I regret getting to this stage with you -- J0hn "M4t" G00dman

Thank you for your brilliant message. I did not mean to hurt your feelings, am sorry. -- 1GE. B. Sanus1

The Slow Banker (Stallus Popiejopieicum): Insanely slow-working bankers who take ages to e-mail you after the main lad has referred you, and even longer to process their own duff forms.
kaspaas
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there
If the scammer is really from South Africa(not illegal immigrant, but born and lives there), he will be a bit smarter than you average Lagos/Nigerian scammer. I am from South Africa, and I just want to tell you not to underestimate the intelligence of these guys. These guys actually check the "facts" given by phoning phone numbers, checking websites/emails.
ByterBaiter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kaspaas wrote:
Hi there
If the scammer is really from South Africa(not illegal immigrant, but born and lives there), he will be a bit smarter than your average Lagos/Nigerian scammer...

It's frightening how well this scammer presented himself!
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kaspaas wrote:
Hi there
If the scammer is really from South Africa(not illegal immigrant, but born and lives there), he will be a bit smarter than you average Lagos/Nigerian scammer.

Not necessarily all are.

Welcome to Eater, kaspaas!

Safari Mrs. CHIPIWA MAZIVA - Johannesburg to Cape Town - 1800 miles round-trip

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
flora66
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The conversations are amazing Very Happy
thank you
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic