SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I'm new and got scammed.....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
igotscammed2010
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Posted on Craigslist and got scammed.......I don't want to bait anyone but if you guys do, here is the email address. I got taken for a very nice diamond solitaire ring. I NEVER sell anything on CL......except for this time. OUCH! I also posted about being scammed in a seperate post and am STILL getting scam emails. The original scammer sent me 2 (two) fake PayPal messages saying the money was in my account. I was excited....until I found out it was not so. Immediately I went to the post office to try to reclaim my package but it was already gone. Somebody in NIGERIA now has my gorgeous ring and I'm out everything INCLUDING what I paid to ship to this scammer. Just so everyone knows: I did not know about Nigeria and their scams. Boy, I do now. And I'm pissed.

Their email address? [email protected].

I reported this to the police and online fraud sites.......but I'm still very angry these scumbags can do this and get away with it.

I got all the followup emails, too, about how there were problems with their PayPal account, they'd send the money western union IF I'd sent my address, the money was there, they were putting the money in the account now.......blah blah blah.
igotscammed2010
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OJA OLADOTUN.O
1 ASO ROCK NEW SITE OKEOGA AJIBODE
OGUN STATE
NIGERIA

Yes, I feel like a fool.
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello igotscammed.

I'm really sorry for your loss, and it's very unhappy to tell you, that police cant do pretty much anything. Cybercrime is very hard to trace as it can come from anywhere in the world.

You can also post that scumbag's info and mails here http://www.scamwarners.com/

You can always start baiting them if you want. Just make sure you follow safety rules in Eater University at the bottom and read the stickies in categories.

I hope you'll stay here will be more pleasant than your recent experience.

EDIT: No need to feel like a fool. Damn, their pretty convincing sometimes. And there are lots of formats and kinds of scam. Unfortunately.

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Expensive learning lesson. Never sent something to Nigeria. I am curious how did he sent you the fake Paypal payment notices?

Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
HTML in emails? Sort of like phising emails that direct you to login site (the better made phising mails)

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Juan's hidden fries!
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Usually these scammers are sending fake paypal emails using the logo's from paypal, and an email address with the word 'paypal' in it, but without the paypal.com domain. Never trust emails being send to you that seems to be coming from paypal without their domain in the email address.

And igotscammed2010, you were not a fool, just didn't expect that scammers were using these tactics. Trust me, you are not the only one being scammed this way. I'm sorry for your loss. And thank you for posting this scammers email address on the various scam warning sites!

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
Good thing is, gmail has that new feature it shows 'key' icon next to the subject when it comes from trustworthy domain.

Like paypal.
So if I see paypal without such icon I can say it's a scam AND/OR phishing attempt.

Juan's hidden fries!
igotscammed2010
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Years ago I had a PayPal account, which I never used, and closed it because all I got were virus emails. So, in my excitement to be selling something, I opened another PayPal account DESPITE my better judgment as I had specifically asked for cash only. I had NO idea what kind of bottom feeders were out there waiting for me. The fake PayPal webpage said she was a verified buyer. The rest is history. I have spent the past week just in a blur: how did this happen to me? How could I have known? Needless to say the scammer has moved on.

I DID just get a phone call from the USPS........and I hate to get elated just yet......but my package is being held up in customs in Nigeria. They sent a request to have it sent back to me. I can't get excited just yet because it's not in my hands......but..........Dear God, please!
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be a miracle if they can retrieve the package for you from Nigeria. When the package is still at your countries customs, then it's possible to get it back. But usually when the package is already in Africa, then it's lost. That is my experiance anyway, maybe you get lucky.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, igotscammed2010. Sending stuff to Nigeria is never a good idea, especially craiglist/ Ebay .. or similar country-specific auction websites, unless you're totally sure.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
igotscammed2010
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I went to the local post office within 15 hours of shipping the package....and they could not stop it. I was furious. (Might still be if it doesn't come back.) The fact they called and said it was held up in customs.....well, maybe, just maybe, there is a chance I'll get it back.

I closed the PayPal account. Should I ever sell anything again I will stick to my guns on cash only. I've certainly learned my lesson.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Igotscammed -- Be wary of 'recovery' scams.... Some weeks or months from now, you may receive an e-mail from (allegedly from) a Nigerian law enforcement agent, such as the EFCC, or from Interpol, or the FBI, or whomever. Some of these formats are pretty convincing.

The long and the short of it will be that the EFCC has arrested a scammer in Nigeria and found information on his computer indicating you are one of his victims. They can get your money back.....but first, there are some fees to pay.....

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm terribly sorry for the OP. Now I'm just wondering why they would send the package back. Isn't there a possibility that someone tries to get some money sent by the victim?

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..
we don't want a pimpley,less wrinkly botoxed man running loose" [SlapHappy]

My Mentor is a young, hot, sexy man or woman.

"I'm a girl." [Slightlyoutofit]
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry for you loss, too. Don't feel too angry at yourself, as you are the kind of people they target, trusting people, and they are good at what they do. As N.O.R.A. said, watch out if they say they have your package, but will only return it "if you pay fees, postage, etc." They may even try to scam your passport scan or driver's license to use on other victims. Since you fell for one scam, they will be surely coming back for more out of you.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
igotscammed2010
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The number left for me to call was the post office number (1-800-222-1811).......I got it from their web page the morning I realized I'd been had. So, I felt comfortable calling it. I also verified it with my postmaster. There was no asking for money.

You know, I just don't know WHO to trust now!
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sorry for you. These people are villains. I will pray for you that justice comes your way. Be aware of fake "recovery scams." Let us know what is going especially, especially the mods.

Many folk here have been or know of someone who were scammed. Just recently, my mother in law in Binghamton, NY got a check in the mail drawn on a Key Bank in Maine for a lottery in Canada. SHE ALMOST CASHED IT!!!!! But I stopped her at let my contacts in the law enforcement land know. Thank God I knew about eater.

Lots of good people and good advice to be had here. Take care. Stay in touch.

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
igotscammed2010
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got scammed ONCE, felt like an idiot for not knowing about Nigerian scams, and have spent the past week in inner turmoil. There will be[b] NO[/b] money leaving my hands! They've got all they are gonna get!

Thanks for all of your help/words/advice. I'm so glad I found this site, albeit a bit too late.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic