SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Rookie seeking advice

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
p-rat1976
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been getting scams in my regular email for a while now and have been tempted to reply and play along, but I don't want to use my personal email account. I have a gmail account set up. Can I reply to these emails using my gmail account or do I need to wait for a scammer to email me first?
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't ever use your personal e-mail account (or any real life details). Use a gmail or fastmail account, set up solely for the purpose of baiting. Use entirely made up details.

As for replying - mugus send thousands of e-mails and have no idea if they sent you one or not! Get on the surplus messages board, on 419eater, select a couple of good ones, and send the following:

"I just got your message. I am interested. Please explain more."

Then, ask a question or two in each reply...your character is cautious, but interested. Make him explain everything!

Good luck!

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Update to my answer - yes, it is generally safe to use an e-mail that was sent to your personal e-mail account, and reply from a baiting account. The mugu will have no way to figure out or link your fake e-mail persona back to a real recipient, so it is safe.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

p-rat1976
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, thank you for your help!
The Commodore
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new too, and that's what I started doing. My "catcher" account doesn't have a very high volume, so I just quickly read through the surplus forum until I see one that I like, and I give some sort of vague response. They're just happy someone responded, and so far I've only had one non-response this way.

Just pretend like you got the message and play away! Just make sure you give fake details.

I like to base my characters in Washington so I can use www.k7.net for the voicemail and fax, and it matches up with my story if they check. I just never happen to be around for the phone *wink*.

Also, make sure you make up a completely fake address. Do a google maps search of it and see if anything comes up.

I'll stop pretending I'm an expert now and defer to the big dogs. Feel free to ask more questions! I've found that the eater community is very welcoming and don't ostracize you for asking "stupid" or "obvious" questions, even if they are embarrassingly bad.

Yarrrg!

--The Commodore

"i totally agree with you that those who use our trust against us must be punish so its good to be careful in how we live our lives.The equivalent amount to activate the account in US dollars is $2,372 USD." -Christopher Philips 10/2010

"My Dear Miguel my best advice for you is to make the payment before the bank closes in your country so Alan can finally free you and your entier family. Alan is not happy at all. Alan killed your cat as sign of death and to show you how hot and hyper he was. Am the only one who can cam it wicked spirit down, so that you and your family shall be
free." -Heritage Finance 11/2010
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fake addresses are easy to do.... consider these:

7834 Flimflam Way, Atlantic City, East Ohio.

3418 Mendacity Avenue, South Succotash, Iowa

222-B Baker Street, Upper Mendacity, Dorsetshire, Uk.

Feel free to make up your own!

Bruin

South Africa

Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the nuthouse, p-rat! Go to this web site (http://www.419baiter.com/guestbook/), put your catcher addy in the guestbook, and in a few days you will have more scam emails than you know what to do with. Having a surplus of scam emails allows you to be selective in what type of scams to bait.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can generate any kind of fake identity you like here:

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/gen-random-sp-us.php

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For those needing scam mails to look through, feel free to use my catcher account:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144494&start=50

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
extremeb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BRUIN wrote:

As for replying - mugus send thousands of e-mails and have no idea if they sent you one or not! Get on the surplus messages board, on 419eater, select a couple of good ones, and send the following:

"I just got your message. I am interested. Please explain more."

I have also tried a couple this way:
Quote:
I am not sure this email was intended for me. I was captivated by your story though. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

I get replies from that too....
Flyor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to add to this thread, but needed somewhere to start.
I've just been 'hooked' by a scammer and I was furious....now I've cooled down and found your site I'm interested as hell in getting back at this piece of crap. The more I read in here the more I like it..
This 'lad' has even found my cell phone number and is texting me to get a response....can anyone advise where I should start??...preferrably with a mentor??? should one be available....thanks for any advice in advance..
ChoppaOfDolla
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Our policy here is that to never bait a lad with your real details. Although the chances that he'd realise you were the same guy are slim, it's not worth the risk of harm.

Post the bastard's details on eater and we'll be happy to make trouble for him. In the meantime, feel free to take your anger out on some of the other equally deserving scammers out there.

u got 12 hours to send the money remember no game u fuck face

If you like you can send $1 Billion to any person. But I want to tell you that I did not get even $1 from you.

Closed lad accounts x2
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater, Flyor. Glad you found and decided to join us. I would encourage you to sign up for a mentor here (clicky). You shouldn't have to wait long at all to get a mentor. In the meantime, please read the "stickies" and browse around Eater University to get a feel for how things work around here.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

P-rat,
Welcome & have fun. I send scam emails to my g-mail baiting account all the time. Just make sure you delete any RL info. They don't seem to care where you are from or if they originally sent it to you. They just send out heaps & any reply they get is what they want. Have fun.
Flyor - I wouldn't follow this up using any RL info. Cut all communication. Bait him again from another ip but don't mention your previous experience with him. Post the info & I'm sure many of the very astute & talented baiters here will have him squirming in no time.
Cheers!
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
I dont have anergy for all this shit anymore, i have been doing this for the past 9years of my life wiithout any problems about any of my accounts so i really do not know how to handle this situation anymore. - Lauar - 2 Piggies!(first complete bait).
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the commodore wrote:
I'll stop pretending I'm an expert now and defer to the big dogs. Feel free to ask more questions! I've found that the eater community is very welcoming and don't ostracize you for asking "stupid" or "obvious" questions, even if they are embarrassingly bad.

hey we aren't that bad, but yes, if you give an answer that is not Eater policy, we set Chuck Norris onto you, please, if you feel you have to answer a question, check that it is Eater policy, we have some rules, and guidelines, and those are what make 419Eater the main website for anti scammer activity.

Ask any question you like, the answers will be along Eater guidleines, and tell you where the lines are. Everyone here is more than accomodating with advice, answers, even the Squirrel.

If you don't agree with us, well, sorry, thems our rules, go suck

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic