SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Some Help Please!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, I'm sure you all know about e-mail spam. Anyway, I noticed in one of my e-mails I got spam from myself? The funny thing is the name in the header was different. Should I be worried? My password and secret question are fine, nothing has been deleted or whatever. Anything I should do? Thanks!
TaleSpinner
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

99.9% of the time, this is nothing to worry about. Some information in Email Headers can be spoofed, and some spam kits will make it look like a message was sent by the receiver to get around filters. You can look at the email headers, find the line closest to the bottom that says "Received [...] by:". This will show the first mail server the message hit on it's way to you. For example... say your email address is [email protected]. The headers say something alog the lines of:
Code:
Received:  from 111.111.111.111 by servernamehere.yahoo.com
To:  [email protected]
then message couldn't have been sent from your account and was definitely spoofed. Nothing to be done about it and no cause for alarm, just delete it. Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic