SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Credit Card & Paypal Scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick query on the scammers who use credit cards & Paypal. I've had a few credit card ones lately & just report them to my bank's card section. Is there any format here to deal with these? I know most of the cards are probably stolen or skimed - & probably considered as fraud rather than scammers? Just thought I'd ask.
If these are considered scams, then is there a tally system like Piggies for bank accounts? I have one lad that is at number 4 card now & I'm hoping to get more out of him? These are all from business order placing scam emails.
Just thought I'd ask as I couldn't see much on the forum regarding these types of scams.
Cheers!
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
I dont have anergy for all this shit anymore, i have been doing this for the past 9years of my life wiithout any problems about any of my accounts so i really do not know how to handle this situation anymore. - Lauar - 2 Piggies!(first complete bait).
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the facility, BigTime Slug!

Read here:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Carona,
I'm aware of accounts & sent 2 to Alan to get my Piggies. I was trying to find out about the credit card side of things & that would be similar to Paypal fake payments also.
Is there a link for these types of scams?
Thanks,
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
I dont have anergy for all this shit anymore, i have been doing this for the past 9years of my life wiithout any problems about any of my accounts so i really do not know how to handle this situation anymore. - Lauar - 2 Piggies!(first complete bait).
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You send all these things to Alan (except maybe the fake Paypal emails). If there are real PayPal accounts, send it to Alan too.

Safari Mrs. CHIPIWA MAZIVA - Johannesburg to Cape Town - 1800 miles round-trip

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many thanks. I thought Alan was just for the bank accounts. OK - I will send him the credit card details too.
Are CC treated like Piggies?
Cheers!
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really don't know. Could you send a PM to me of the CC data?

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Send bank accounts to alan. I don't think alan deals with paypal information. You may want to report those directly to paypal.

Please send credit card information to any moderator here. We have official contacts to report it to. There's no need for any special format, just send us the information you have.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011

Last edited by Ima Baeder on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BigTime Slug, just listen to Ima. She's more "current" than that post saying you should send that info to Alan.

TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many thanks Ima & Gerald,
I'm expecting another round of payments soon (just organising order at present).
As soon as I get them I'll pm to Ima.
That clears it up for me at this point I think.
Cheers!
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wait, is this like a Craigslist scam you're doing?

TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BigTime Slug wrote:
Are CC treated like Piggies?

I don't believe there's an official siggy icon for cards, but you can certainly make a textural reference to the number of cards you send to the mod team if you want to keep tally in public! GOOD WORK, BTW :^)

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These are purchase scams. They email asking if you send goods to the Philipines, Nigeria, Japan, etc & ask if you can send them your stock list or website. They then ask if you accept credit card payments. I am selling them the biggest range of sex toys in the Southern Hemisphere. They usually make a selection or let you 'pick the best sellers' or 'whatever you think is best' to a value of X. (usually about $1 - $2000 so it may not be flagged by the carded bank). Then you usually get a couple of cards but they usually phizzle out after several cards 'can't be charged & don't work'.
I don't think we have Craiglist in Aus (athough I have heard of it) - perhaps it is similar?
Cheers!
Glenn

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great idea manbiteslion,
That works for me.

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you check if the cards checked out? Because it seems they aren't real

TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got into this a few years back thru a good friend. He had one for a Nigerian guy. He did the order, checked with his bank for the ok, charged the card & sent the goods. He had all sorts of dramas after with the bank saying it was fraudulent & card may be stolen. He ended up keeping the payment as he checked with the bank first & had everything in writing as well as the documentation. From there on I baited these guys with mixed results. After I got onto Eater I got hooked for normal baits but like to give these guys some grief every once & a while.
So to answer your question - the cards work. I don't charge them obviously but tell the scammer that they didn't work. Then they give you another. I think they are trying to use before the owner reports stolen so don't linger very long. I think I have an old Nigerian one on file I could send you? Card will be long closed I would think? Just yell if you want more info.
Cheers!
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BigTimeSlug: You're right about how scammers run this type of scam. There are often reports of this at ScamWarners from online merchants/sellers and people offering services like piano lessons, etc.

Please do not send credit card info to any of the other members, just the mods. There's no need to further spread these poor victims' information around.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
BigTime Slug
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Will do Ima.
I'll just keep pluging away. They are all scammers so good to mix it up a bit. (especially for newb beginners like me)
thx
Slug

4 x PAYPAL ACCOUNTS
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic