SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I've hit a mental brick wall!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

banghead

I've had a couple of lads I've been working on for a while now, they've petered out, not wanting to cooperate with me despite my efforts. And now for the past five days, I have just nothing with them and dropped everything in my catcher mail having to do with them. I love going through the forums, but my desire to do any baiting has hit a wall, a grinding halt. I know this is only temporary and will get myself revved back into baiting hopefully soon, but whenever I get a new scam mail, I just feel like "Who gives a shit"

It's been a pretty whacked month for me, earlier I had back surgery, 2nd one in two years (only spent one night in the hospital though) and despite the meds given, I still have to deal with pain, (plus with other meds I take probably have made me feel different) Plus I do what I can to help out at home with the family, trying to find a job, I think for me has pushed the lads into the back seat. I love coming onto the board everyday cause it does cheer me up and it gives me ideas for what to do when everything picks up for me again.

I'm not ranting here or even looking for sympathy, but I'm taking a hiatus from baiting. I know it will be short term and I will still be hanging out here unless something really serious happens (which is not likely, but possible). Conclusion: I'm not going anywhere, I'm just going to be doing very little until my brain says it's time to go again!!

OK I will shut up now!!

Last edited by Bart Fargo on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RL life takes precedence. Can't have a happy, maladjusted baiter without a reasonably happy RL. It's good to take a break form time to time.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, that happens, that's when I started to kill fake sites as a past time Twisted Evil , sending out Asem's by the dozens with 8 numbers of the MTCN the other two they could get from ??? if they could prove the were the lad we're after etc. Just stupid p1$$1ng them off. Not really fun, but it keeps you busy Laughing

Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am starting to warm a bit. I have a lad who is really slow to respond. So I am doing the same with him. I have had so much going on lately. But right now this lad is at my speed. Soon I will be back to 3 or 4 lads at a time, or even more.

Granted I still post and view here.

Last edited by Bart Fargo on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
CookieMonster
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't put that much effort into it. I have started just baiting the easy lads, try something like this:

Catcher account (catcher 1) has an auto-respond set giving general instructions with specific words on how to proceed (which fit any type of bait really). This gets them off script and they are given the email address of another of my gmails (catcher 2) which they are to contact by following the instructions.

Catcher 2 has a filter on it which picks out the specific words from the emails the lads have sent me (if they have followed the instructions) and forwards it onto my final gmail account (baiter 1) which I continue the baiting from. I only monitor baiter 1, I have no idea what's sitting in the inbox of catcher 1 & 2 at the moment.

I'm lazy, but I don't care & it saves me mucking round with the lads who wont play ball.

If you need a hand setting it up get in touch.
Cookie.

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts

Sand Timer 12 Months (on-going) - Vinod
T.W.A.T
Safari - Vinod
x3 - Vinod
Father-Christmas
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Mr Cookie Monster, that is a great idea. I'll be setting that up I think. It's not lazy, it's a stroke of genius!
CookieMonster
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You get into trouble if the lad forwards your email with the words in it with his generic script as well. Make sure you put in the instructions to not forward the instructions, you go ahead and set a rule that searches for your email address in the email and send it to the trash if they do. I can write something up properly if you guys are interested in how I have done it. Requires a bit of fiddling to get it just right.

Then when you have enough baits going on, you just turn off the auto-respond on catcher 1 and enjoy the silence.

Also: Where the hell is my bike that I asked you for in the shopping centre a couple of years back?

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts

Sand Timer 12 Months (on-going) - Vinod
T.W.A.T
Safari - Vinod
x3 - Vinod

Last edited by CookieMonster on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Father-Christmas
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^
I'll think about bringing it this year if you do a good enough write up Laughing
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bart, this happens to all of us at one time or another. I felt just like you did last December. I just had zero enthusiasm for writing a single email to any lad. So, I took a break from writing. I didn't start up writing until March or April. Then I was gone for a couple of months during the summer on a road trip. I did write a bit while on the road. I just needed a nice RL break from the lads. I did stick around the forum from time to time, and still chatted with Eater friends, did lad phone calls for the radio shows, but I stopped the writing until I got the urge back. It's important to take some time off when you need to. RL is more important. Good luck in your efforts to find a job. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still no with the job scene but it looks like my unemployment may be extended for a bit. So, slightly less stress but would rather be working. (yes I'm serious)

I still got a few other things to straighten out, but feeling better than when originally posted. I'll fully be back in the swing of things soon.

Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I got so burned out from baiting lads that I forgot to come back to these forums for a very long time. But when I came back I had withdrawal symptoms and needed to get back to baiting. Although, Mariam Abachtard hasn't be a very fun lad to bait, at least I keep her (him) away from an innocent victim for 6 months. Bitch thinks he's invincible- check my siggy.

So take a break from baiting if you get burned out so that if writer's block (or whatever you want to call) throws a brick at your head, you can take a break (Make lad calls, be a post lover in the General Chat, etc) until you feel ready to bait again or you can wait until you get withdrawal symptoms and ending up wanting to bait again.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic