SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I am new and have someone via Yahoo Chat

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
makdeacon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am apologizing in advance for not knowing exactly the best way to get my questions answered. I am still a n00b and I have someone on Yahoo chat that is wanting me to "work from home".

What is the best way to waste this persons time?
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Depends wether this is a real 'work from home' job or not. Could you post the companies name here? If it's from a lad, we will soon find out. If it's not a scammer, then you can't bait him. We only bait scammers, not real persons.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
makdeacon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Her name is Alice Bruce and she is from N Brown Group. She is wanting me to receive money into my personal account and forward it on to "clients".
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.nbrown.co.uk/

Quote:
Domain name:
nbrown.co.uk

Registrant:
JD Williams & Company Ltd.

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 178367)

Registrant's address:
E-Business Dept
Griffin House
40 Lever Street
Manchester
M60 6ES
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Melbourne IT Corporate Brand Services AB [Tag = COGENTIPC]
URL: http://www.melbourneitcbs.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 05-Oct-1998
Renewal date: 05-Oct-2012
Last updated: 09-Sep-2010

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns0.jdwilliams.co.uk 213.122.174.82
ns1.jdwilliams.net

I found this so the company looks ok, but I do not think they would be recruiting via Yahoo messenger

Quote:
She is wanting me to receive money into my personal account and forward it on to "clients".

That looks like a scam IMO

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

makdeacon wrote:
She is wanting me to receive money into my personal account and forward it on to "clients".

This is a check scammer. You can look at this information at ScamWarners which explains the "company representative" scam: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3230

Understanding how it works will help you to bait it. You can find info in the Eater University forum by MikeH about Baiting Check Lads.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
makdeacon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for the responses. I am still new at this and accidentally baited without knowing that other people do this as well. I wasn't sure how to keep this type of scam going. I really appreciate the help and info. The person I previously spoke with on Yahoo messenger was representing a legit company, but obviously when I called them they already knew about it. The scammer tried to convince me that nobody at the company knew where the "payroll processor" was for security reasons. I told her she was full of crap and that is where it ended. Now that I have more information I would like to keep them from doing this to other people. I myself have never been scammed but it makes me sick to think that preying on complete innocent strangers is someones way of making a living.

So again, thanks.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

makdeacon wrote:
I myself have never been scammed but it makes me sick to think that preying on complete innocent strangers is someones way of making a living.

That's what we like to hear Smile

If you want help baiting, then you have come to the right place. Baiting really is more of "playing along" rather then pointing out to the lad why he is an idiot. I know, sometimes it's hard not to. However if you want to waste a lad's time, then pretending like you believe him is a better way to go. You can of course, ask hundreds of questions. So long as the lad thinks you might send him money, he will stick around.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
makdeacon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How should I proceed with this one I have here? She is wanting my bank details so she can "deposit" my pay and some extra to forward on. Should I just make excuses on why I don't want to give my account number? I've already mentioned the fake bank that I have an account with.... I'm just really drawing a blank here. Most of the other scenarios I've researched is the baiter receives a check or money order, I don't think I've come across many that involve deposits....
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If "she" has any of your Real Life details I would suggest that you DROP it and have no more contact.

Do not continue chatting with her

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, if the lad has any of your RL details, drop him. If not, then just make something up. Tell him for "security reasons" you hid your account number from yourself. Ask the lad where you can find the information. Use your imagination. You'll be amazed by what you can get lads to believe or rather what they will go along with for a payday.

Ask the lad for a contract. How can you work for him without something in writing. With any luck, the lad won't be prepared for this and will have to make something especially for you. Once you get it, complain he forgot to have it notarized as there is no ROST (red seal of truth) on it. Then, oh wait, is it normal for my bank account number to be the exact same number as my phone number?

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vampiremerchant wrote:
http://www.nbrown.co.uk/

Quote:

Registrar:
Melbourne IT Corporate Brand Services AB [Tag = COGENTIPC]
URL: http://www.melbourneitcbs.com

As soon as I saw that I knew it was a scam Sad

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
makdeacon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Again thanks for the replies. This person is obviously a scammer. Why do they think someone will use their personal bank account for employment? Anyways, I am just playing stupid and can't decide which credit card I want to use. I haven't given any personal information, I've already created an alter ego so no worries there. I will let everyone know how this pans out.
Amigwyn
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

makdeacon wrote:
Why do they think someone will use their personal bank account for employment?

My guess is they use it because it works. Or has in the past. Some people are so desperate for employment in this economy that sometime sense leaves them for a bit. Hopefully it will catch up to them before it's too late but that isn't always the case.

And some lads are just grasping at straws and hopes something sticks to get the information they want.

Closed lad accounts x 1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic