SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Got an IP Address Connected to a Blackberry

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Guys,

I was able to regain access to my gmail account that was hacked yesterday. When I logged in I was able to gather several IP addresses of the guy who was logging in as me. He's in the UK. From there we reverse "googled" the IP and found that it's connected to a Blackberry in the UK.

Is this worth pursuing?

Thanks!
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite a few mugus seem to surf via Smartphones these days Sad Makes me sad because I think they are the more successful scammers.
If by "pursuing" you mean, is he+his format worth being posted up at Scamwarners (and "Surplus Forum" on Eater), ooh yes!

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been to the police here since he technically has access to my financial information. He doesn't seemed to have done or tried to do anything with it as far as I can tell fortunately.

I'm trying to decide whether his IP addresses and the fact that he's using a Blackberry would be useful at all to the cops. I know it's not high priority to them but if they have good info they could always pass it on to their counterparts in the UK and at least keep an eye on him. I can't imagine I'm the first person he's hacked, nor will I be the last.

We're also going to keep digging on our own. It's kind of fun to try to figure out who he is and where he is... Especially now that I'm starting to get all of my accounts back. Wink

Thanks!
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are mobile phone tracking services that can pinpoint a mobile to within a few yards. You'd be better off letting the fuzz deal with what is at the other end though. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, since he's in the UK and I'm in the US, that would definitely be a long and expensive undertaking. I will certainly be leaving it up to the fuzz. Wink We did figure out that s/he was looking up South Africa's Fashion week while checking my email. It's been interesting so far.
ElijahsMummy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hiya, I'm British in the UK and a Blackberry user...here we have 2 types of phone users, payg (pay as you go) and contract (pay monthly). If he/she is using the internet on his/her Blackberry I am 99.99% sure it is on contract (as paying for the internet as you go is too costly and most Blackberries aren't available on payg). Now, if he is on contract, Blackberry will have the IP address logged, which means all his details (name/address/bank/age etc) will have been stored at the point in which he took the contract out...you can't take out a phone contract here without photo ID, address ID and a chipped bank card. Chances are you get in touch with the police and they can find this out. Please private inbox me if you need any correspondance (ie Blackberry contact emails etc) for this side "of the pond".
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks ElijahsMummy! I'll definitely pass the info onto the officer in charge of my case then. If I need anything I'll let you know.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic