SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My Accounts Were Hacked By a Scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Guys! I've been following the forum for a long time and had some good times messing with a few scammers myself. Unfortunately they have somehow compromised my Facebook and gmail accounts and have set up a new email address where all of my emails (I think) are being forwarded. If you all would be so kind to screw with them and see if you can get some info out of them I would be super excited. One of my brothers and a cousin of mine are already having a good time with them. If I could get a true pro on the case I think you could probably break him.

I'm more than happy to send you the brand new email address that he has set up on my Facebook account. I'm trying to shut down my gmail account currently. Please PM me.

I look foward to working with you!
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, that's what I get for using the same password on my two accounts. I've learned my lesson. If you want to move this thread to another forum that's fine. I wasn't sure where to start!

Thank you!
The Cosmic Ear
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If this person somehow managed to obtain access to both your email and your facebook page they clearly know a great deal of your private information.

In my opinion, you and your cousin/brother should cut off all communication and consider contacting LE.

Just my 2 cents...
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I called the police earlier but I'm waiting to hear back from them. I've already put a freeze on all my credit reports, canceled my credit cards, and changed my passwords and email addresses for all my bank accounts, etc. I'm just not sure what to do in the meantime while I'm waiting to hear back from Facebook and gmail.
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to read of your dilemma, Yes It seems that you have done the right thing , the main thing is the YOU leave them alone,

Get a new addy and email your contacts to tell them to Ignore any message from the old email.

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Already done. I'm just here to offer the bastard up for you guys. He emailed my contact list that I was in London, was held up at gun point, yadda, yadda, yadda. I have the original email if anyone wants it.

Thank you!
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear of your trouble, lilhippie. Have you checked your computer for keyloggers and other malware? This may have been how they accessed your accounts in the first place. You need to be sure your machine if free of this kind of crap or you may find yourself back in the same fix.

If you want some baiters to take a whack at him, post his format in the Surplus Letters forum and someone will probably have a go at him.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My laptop has been checked and rechecked and checked again for malware and it's registered fine each time. My laptop is never out of my sight so I'm 99.99999999% positive that it wasn't a keylogger.

I'll put the letter over in the Surplus Letters forum and hopefully someone else will have a go at him.

Thanks!
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you ever logged into an email account on a PC that you are not responsible for? At a cyber cafe or library, a friend's or relative's PC perhaps?

I stopped logging into PCs that I do not personally administer as I cannot verify their integrity and if they are free from spyware.

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope, I only use my laptop and phone to log into my accounts. I think my accounts must have been compromised at some point last week but they got to me yesterday. I was using my laptop an internal "guest" network of the organization in which I traveled to last week. That is literally the only thing I can think of. I don't click on weird links, all of my info on Facebook is set to maximum privacy, I'm just stumped.
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be the guest network had someone sniffing sent data (passwords), or you're using a weak (easy to guess, or listed in a dictionary) password.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Claire DeLune
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know it's not polite to ask it, but... how long was it?
(Embarassed How many chars was the guessed password, I mean)

Forgot: to be on the safe side, reinstall everything, starting from scratch. Your PC or laptop could be compromised beyond possibility of detection (especially if you run a nuclear facility in Iran Smile )

Nowhere Man
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey lilhippie1

The exact same thing happened to me. He got in thru a fake facebook login, and from there took over my emails (because stupidly I had the same password for them all). Unfortunately, not much the police can do. I called the Internet Crime Division of the FBI, as well, same thing there.

One important thing to look out for when/if you get your emails back is: in the settings area of your emails they will often insert their email as the one to notify in case of account changes--you change your password, they get an email with the password, and on and on and on.

Unfortunately, it took facebook, hotmail and gmail FOREVER to get it all worked out. I ended up emailing the hacker with another email and explaining that, dude, I am a musician, I have no money, no one I know is going to give him any money, so just please give my emails back. We messaged back and forth for about 20 minutes, and he eventually DID give me back my emails. My situation seems to be the exception, not the rule.

Hope this helps.

Safari Joseph & The Golden Cow (Lagos-Kano)
Safari Douala Y'know Mike? Co-bait w/Bravo (Onicha to Yaounde)
Safari The One Love Safari (Lagos to Kano)
Safari Pastor Cl3tus/The Star Wars Safari (Accra to Bauchi) Co-bait w/Bravo, The Dane, Leonsumbitches

They have seized my luggage's my passport, my clothes, my shoes and everything i came with. Chima

i sat on a car for more than 15 hours, i staved, i could not eat good food or drink good water even when there is chorollar outbreak in Nigeria, still i accepted to go. Andrew

you want to know were i am this is where you will find me, Am in your mothers virgina. Andrew
Claire DeLune
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nowhere Man wrote:
I ended up emailing the hacker with another email and explaining that, dude, I am a musician, I have no money, no one I know is going to give him any money, so just please give my emails back. We messaged back and forth for about 20 minutes, and he eventually DID give me back my emails.

You must be professor Xavier, of the X-men.
That would explain a lot. Smile

I hope you did not send him to a safari in China.

Nowhere Man
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@DeLune: No, but he is what got me interested in scambaiting. He then said we could be friends on YahooChat, facebook, etc. It was a really strange experience.

Safari Pastor Cl3tus/The Star Wars Safari (Accra to Bauchi) Co-bait w/Bravo, The Dane, Leonsumbitches

They have seized my luggage's my passport, my clothes, my shoes and everything i came with. Chima

i sat on a car for more than 15 hours, i staved, i could not eat good food or drink good water even when there is chorollar outbreak in Nigeria, still i accepted to go. Andrew

you want to know were i am this is where you will find me, Am in your mothers virgina. Andrew
lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HA! My password was 8 characters and not a real word. I really think it was just plucked from the network I was using while on travel for work. Anyway, what's done is done.

I talked to the cops today, they took my report, I more wanted it just incase he did try to open any accounts with my information. I told them I didn't expect them to catch him. The officer did say that I would be surprised at the number of scammers that do come to the US thinking they are about to get a pay day and end up arrested instead.

The hacker has been talking to several of my friends and family which the cop thought was hilarious. I wonder if this guy would give me my accounts back if I asked him?

I'm not holding out much hope for my gmail account, for the life of me I can't remember when I first got it and of course they have no live help. I've offered my police report to Hotmail and Facebook hoping that will speed things along but haven't heard back from them either.
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The officer did say that I would be surprised at the number of scammers that do come to the US thinking they are about to get a pay day and end up arrested instead.

Really? Shocked I'd like to send these cops more business!

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Claire DeLune
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lilhippie1 wrote:
HA! My password was 8 characters

That's short.
Could have been brute force, I wonder?

Quote:
I really think it was just plucked from the network I was using while on travel for work.

I apologize for my ignorance: you mean someone eavesdropped on your wireless connection to get your password? Or some skilled hacker got tons of ids and password and published or sold them to the best bidder?

Quote:
I told them I didn't expect them to catch him. The officer did say that I would be surprised at the number of scammers that do come to the US thinking they are about to get a pay day and end up arrested instead.

The hacker has been talking to several of my friends and family which the cop thought was hilarious.

If they really wanted to catch him, they could have posed as a concerned friend or relative and have him pick the monies where he could be apprehended.

Quote:

I wonder if this guy would give me my accounts back if I asked him?

I've got a better idea! Let Nowhere Man talk to him. Not only the lad will give back your accounts but he will probably but you a new laptop. The man's that good - check out the Travelling Computers thread and see for yourself. He probably makes a living by selling used cars. Smile

lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not much of a computer guru so I'm just guessing that's how they might have gotten my information. Your guess is honestly probably better than mine!

Yep, the cop said if I or someone could get the spammer to come here they would definitely arrest him. So if one of you guys can convince this idiot to cross the pond that would be the Holy Grail!

I'll go check out the Traveling Computers thread and Nowhere Man if you have some time to go after this guy PM me! You guys rock, thanks to you all. Very Happy
Nowhere Man
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@DeLune: Used cars! Hahaha!

Sure lilhippie1, PM me the email and info, I'll see if I have any luck.

lilhippie1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nowhere Man, I sent you a PM with the info and what my family members are up to with this guy. Below is the email he sent to all my contacts from my gmail account.

Thanks again!

Good morning

Am sorry i never inform you about my trip. I came down here to London united Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately for me I was robbed at the park of the hotel where i stayed, worse of it was that my bags, cash, credit cards and cell phone were stolen of me at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy experience for me.

I need help flying back home and the authorities are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is that I still have my passport but don't ave enough money to get my flight ticket back home and pay for the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle my bills..I'm just gonna have to plead with you to lend me some funds right now,i'll pay back as soon as I get home. I need to sort the hotel bills and get on the next available flight home.

Am freaked out.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic