SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Victims duped to the tune of $104k

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Krichauff
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Point all the lad huggers in this direction and get them to read this. Put themselves in the position of these two retiree's.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/duped-couple-loses-104000-in-sophisticated-investment-fraud/story-e6frea83-1225929654894

'ASSHOLE Benjamin Dover ,go and suck your mother pussy' Emmanuel - Bob Johnson's BJ Lad.

You would have to work this out yourself because we still have not received a dime yet from you.

'hey son of a bitch,your mother is a goat fucker,you have blood of animail in you because its animal that preganated your mother to born you,' Emmanuel - Bob Johnson's BJ Lad.
Grissom
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A horrible shame. Thank you for sharing!
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The couple, who do not want to be identified, were duped by a scam so sophisticated it even is fooling stockbrokers and financial advisers.

Alas the scammers are getting more beleivable

Quote:
Superintendent Jim Jeffery said Major Fraud detectives had identified two people as being behind the scam and had forwarded a dossier to overseas authorities to further investigate the suspects.

"While SA Police do seek assistance from authorities overseas, it is rare the offenders are identified and brought to justice," he said.

Don't think that will make much of a difference ... Twisted Evil

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Elizabeth1601
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor fellows !
This makes me think about my own parents and so many elderly friends of theirs who are just starting to use the internet. My parents are too suspicious to fall for it, but I don't vouch for their network of friends, who are absolutely oblivious about all the crooks around there.

Besides they mostly live in a small village on the countryside where the influence of God is still a factor to be reckoned with. They might fall for sob-stories.

Away from the internet, there is not much info in Dutch around here about internet scammers - I think I'll start writing a brochure. It can't hurt.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for sharing, kirchoff!
from the article
Quote:
As they invested more and more money, the couple began to dislike the pressure they were put under by the firm's senior directors.

Sensing the couple were about to pull out, the scammers used a keystroke logging program to steal more money from their account but the ANZ's fraud squad was able to stop an illegal $7000 transfer.Only when they were contacted by the police Major Fraud Investigation team did the couple realise they had been conned out of $104,000 they thought had been invested in gold.

"We have talked about whether we should share what happened with our family," the man said. "We don't want them to feel like they've got to prop us up now at the time when we ought to be in a position to help them."

My bolding.

The use of a keystroke logging programme to leach more money from the couple's bank account is chilling.
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
there is not much info in Dutch around here about internet scammers - I think I'll start writing a brochure. It can't hurt.

Yes you are right it can't hurt... Laughing
Good Luck if you decide to do it

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Elizabeth1601
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Vampiremerchant,

I think I am on a personal crusade Very Happy. Probably because I myself got love-scammed and identity-thefted (is that a word ?) not by internet, but in real life, in a more or less distant past. There you have it, I finally said it out loud on the forum Very Happy.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

and from here in the US this morning...

http://www.thestate.com/2010/09/26/1482821/lottery-scams-dupe-thousands.html

U WERE BORN FROM AN EPILEPTIC MADMAN'S SPERM [email protected]

Pith Helmet Lagos to Accra="My friend an not happy at this time you have done me painfull thing"

TogoIndonesia x3 United States
Closed lad accounts x6 Easter Egg
Elizabeth1601
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bastard Lads !!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
From the comments to the article:

Brumby of The Valley Posted at 8:40 AM September 27, 2010

Little sympathy from me, sorry but there really is no such thing as a free lunch, and if it looks too good to be true, it is. With so many solid reliable investment opportunities available in Australia, I see no reason to go chasing rainbows on the internet.

Sadly there are still a lot of people that feel this way. I think this is why the scammers can get away with it. When you are scammed you feel like you were the idiot and should have seen what was happening... then you're just too ashamed or embarrassed to come forward. With judgmental people like this hovering in the shadows waiting to pounce I can understand. I guess Brumby of The Valley is feeling pretty good about him/herself that he/she is smarter than those "idiot" stockbrokers and financial advisers that are also falling for the scam.

Closed lad accounts x 1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic