SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ghana registering all SIM cards

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jasper
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did a search, and I did not see anything posted about this, but if there is something already then I apologize. I found an article I thought was interesting. All SIM cards will have to be registered in Ghana now.

Quote:
The Minister for Communications, Mr. Haruna Iddrisu says the National Communication Authority (NCA) has directed with effect from June 30, 2010 all new SIM Cards will have to be registered in the name of the subscribers before they can be activated for use on any network, while existing subscribers have only a period of 18 months to transit to the new regime.

He said the rationale is to enable telecommunication operators obtain a data base of their subscribers as well as help eliminate the growing incidence of anonymous threats and insults emanating from phone calls made from mobile phones that are difficult to identify.

Mr. Iddrisu revealed this in a question, posed by the Member of Parliament for Bosomtwe, Mr. Simon Osei-Mensah on the legal framework his ministry is implementing for the registration of SIM Cards being carried out.

The Minister said the registration of SIM Cards is obligatory under the Electronic Communications Act, 2008, Act 775 which entreats all network operators to disclose the list of its subscribers to the NCA to perform its mandate as the regulatory institution.
He said the registration exercise is not to monitor calls of users but to facilitate the deployment of Mobile Number Portability (NMP) that allows mobile phone users to retain their numbers, while shifting to a different service provider for better quality service.

Mr. Iddrisu pointed out that the registration exercise will help curb fraud, crime and threats perpetrated by unidentified callers.
He stated that, Clause 16(1) and 23(10) of the Mobile Cellular License obliged the Authority to comply the network operates to render the list of users as well as protect the interest of the consumers.

Mr. Iddrisu however, dismissed allegations that a device has been procured to monitor phone calls, saying the equipment is to monitor calls which cannot be identified as domestic or international calls for government to accrue the needed revenue.
He hinted that the nation loses about five million dollars from such illegal activity by phone users.

The Minister assured Ghanaians that the device is to ensure that phone calls are made within its specified domain to enable the nation ripe much needed revenue for development.

I found it on the www.ghana.gov web site.

Closed lad accounts x9 Easter Egg
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Almost like the gun registration in Canada I recon Laughing

+ plus the administration of stolen or lost and found sims, very hard to do and will end up in the legit ones registered and the ones used for not so nice things will be hard to track down and if.... they just found them, lost them or it was stolen of course. And phones are way easier than long guns Rolling Eyes

Yes I registered my guns, naah most of them Laughing

Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds great - But the registration will no better than the operator's level of corruptions allows.

I'm not trying to sound negative here, but please think of the bank accounts we get - They hardly ever belong to the lads themselves.

Sorry for applying realism - But I really hope the registrations will make a difference Evil or Very Mad

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic