SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scamming at it's best.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pandora
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I have had a chance to see scamming at it's best...

There is a man that I know, not a friend or anything like that, but he is being scammed. I have tried to warn him but he refuses to listen cause he's in soo deep he doesn't know which way is out.

Here's how it started:
He met a girl from Ghana that has gold valued at $24mil USD and she needs to bring it by commercial plane in her carry-on...

He has been having a Skype/email relationship with her, and they are engaged... Well he has been loving her and sending her money for over 4 YEARS... Now his overall goal is to bring her and her children to America from Ghana, but everytime she goes to get on the plane there's something wrong (sickness, crashes, security, ect.) and he had been buying 3 tickets each time ($1,600 total each time a "trip" is planned) and has been sending her money to live off of but they get robbed at gun point often...

Well The guy who he has been sending money to that wokrs for WU has been buying stuff from American stores or having it shipped from people and having it shipped to his house, and asking the guy to ship it to Africa... With every shipment his "soon to be bride" gets money from him.
Now a second person has popped into play sending him phones from America to then ship to Africa....

So I dug a little deeper into this and did some investigations, the addresses that the phones were being sent from come up suspicious... All of the addresses that the phones come from are abandoned buildings that are owned by the Russian Mafia or are fronts for the Russian Mafia...

Lemme know what you guys think.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a funny feeling that he is not going to listen to you.

Have you pointed him to

www.scamwarners.com ?

Even point him here and see if he will read some of the stories on here, we can only hope that he sees sense

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Pandora
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's the first place I've sent him...

But since he doesn't want to listen I'll have to use him for information, and try to use my connections to bust this ring open and earn some sig stuff!

Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That may be your best bet. If he refuses to listen to you, sounds mean but he's just going to have to learn the hard way. And seems to be a bit easier for you if he's not a good friend of yours.

4 years? Has he tried to go over there? Then again NOBODY would want this guy to travel there. I guess just try to get as much useful information as you can. Really sucks though he won't listen.

GoRideEmCowboy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe, deep down, he knows it's all a scam. Maybe he's lonely and needs the company more than he needs his money. Sad

Seriously though (not that my original response totally wasn't), it is a sad situation. If possible, I would try to get girl's email address. From there, start up a "relationship" just the same. Gather as much info as possible and show him that the girl is playing the same game with you.

Ultimately though, as the cliche goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink...

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
That may be your best bet.

NO, it isn't.

Convince your friend to go to the police. If you can not do that, go to the police on his behalf with the information you have so that they can intercede.

You aren't going to bust any rings open nor earn any 'sig stuff'.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Pandora
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd wrote:
Quote:
That may be your best bet.

NO, it isn't.

Convince your friend to go to the police. If you can not do that, go to the police on his behalf with the information you have so that they can intercede.

You aren't going to bust any rings open nor earn any 'sig stuff'.

Please read the PM I've sent and my thread in the premium section, about my Law Enforcement involvement.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There was a story on Dateline NBC a few years ago - Think i found a link - maybe you can find the video on Youtube or on MSNBC website..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8704213/

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic