SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

yahoo yahoo boys strike again

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had to share this one

Quote:
TWIST: How bizman was conned out of deal
••• Police nab yahoo, yahoo ‘boys’ for trying to sell stolen equipment to owner
By CHRISTOPHER OJI, MATTHEW DIKE & UDEZE ONYEKA
Thursday, September 16, 2010
•Stolen equipment in a truck
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

It was a twist of fate, as detectives in Lagos arrested some suspected fraudsters, while they were trying to sell stolen equipment to the owner.

The victim, Adura Ojo, 54, was said to have placed an order for some equipment worth $40,000, from a Chinese, but the suspects played a fast one on him and cleared the goods from the seaport, before he realised what happened.

The importer was shortchanged by some yahoo yahoo boys, who were said to be browsing Internet in a business centre where he went to send e-mail to the exporters. Ojo, who was not computer literate, had sought the assistance of the young men to send the e-mail to China, but they took advantage of the opportunity and hijacked the business transaction.

He never had an inkling that his ‘helpers’ were conmen.
They were said to have started communicating with the Chinese, changed Ojo’s e-mail address and informed them about the change. Daily Sun was also told how the Chinese warned Ojo to stop communicating with them, after they were deceived by the fraudsters.

According to a detective at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos, the fraudsters started transacting business with the exporters, claiming to be the ‘real’ owner of the business.
The alleged leader of the syndicate, Ahmed Ibrahim, narrated how he was browsing the Internet before he heard the discussions between Ojo and the Chinese.

“When I discovered the amount of money involved, I became interested and quickly contacted the Chinese, impersonating Ojo. I instructed them to stop using the old e-mail to communicate with me and gave them new e-mail address,” he said. However, the business deal reached anti-climax, when the suspects cleared the equipment from the port and were searching for a buyer and went to the original importer.

He was said to be resting in his house when two men knocked on his door and introduced themselves as dealers in the same equipment he lost to fraudsters. They had told him the equipment would be disposed of at a very low price. Ojo, who became suspicious, accompanied them to the warehouse, where the imported equipment was kept. But he was shocked to the marrow, when he discovered that it was the same equipment he imported from China.

He was said to have cross-checked the serial number and it tallied with the one he imported.
Ojo said: “I decided to play along with them, by depositing some money to deceive them into believing that I was interested in buying the equipment. I reported the matter to the police that swung into action and arrested three persons.”

Ibrahim, the leader of the syndicate, narrated how he contacted one Olusegun Ajibare, who innocently assisted him to procure a loan of N1.5 million used in clearing the equipment from the port. He also told how he later handed over the business transaction to one Sesan. “All I know is that the equipment is worth N7.5 million. Sesan wouldn’t have sold it less than N4 million,” he said.

Sesan, who also spoke to Daily Sun, claimed he didn’t know Ibrahim was a fraudster. “When he came to me, he told me it was his elder brother in China, who sent the equipment to him. He deceived me when he showed me the bill of laden,” he lamented. The police are still investigating.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/crimewatch/2010/sept/16/crimewatch-09-16-2010-001.htm

Last edited by psychicbait on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Best line of the entire article:

Quote:
by some yahoo yahoo boys, who were said to be browsing Internet in a business centre

I think it sums up their trade quite nicely. Laughing

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
but they took advantage of the opportunity and hijacked the business transaction

Yep but that was some initative they showed, seems the only mistake was trying to sell it back to the original owner.... Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
.... he was shocked to the marrow....

I wonder what that feels like? Laughing

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic