SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Boiler rooms

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pi_eyed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone successfully baited a boiler room?

I hear most of them are in Spain and they do most of their work by phone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11318590

Any ideas how it might be done?

YES, I INTEND TO BE A COMPLETE TOSSER
Godwin Eluwa

HERE IS MY ERECT LINE YOU CAN RING ME ANY TIME @ +229 xxxxxxx
-British High Commission

My tel is a special comforwarded line and there is no way it will not ring globaly.
-Bainoo

Why are you referring me as Barrister Buttplug to discredit me? Is it because this name appears on every email I send to you.
-Guess who

Safari Tosser Johnson. A Tosser's Tale Lagos-Cotonou Safari Lagos-Lome Sand Timer

United Kingdom x 26 Malaysia Ghana Ivory Coast South Africa Cellphone x 9 Closed lad accounts x mucho Easter Egg 2013
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did kill a site for a few victims of one of these over at Scamwarners, but beyond that I've not had any experience with them.

I can see this being one of those hard-to-bait scams like lads selling fake hacking tools to each other - I can't really think of any special modalities for it. Depending on their methods you might get some bank accounts out of it though.

As I always tell my mentees when they ask me if something is possible: there's one way to find out Wink

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
MidlandBlue2010
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm just guessing, but I reckon that they would be fairly sophisticated operations, and would probably do most it on the phone and use credit/debit cards for payments.

I wouldn't mind a crack though and would be very satisfying to cause them some pain.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Boiler rooms, whilst dodgy,are not our raison d'etre. As such this discussion is not going to go anywhere.

FWIW I think they tend to call their customers/victims* by telephone. Baiting them is going to be pretty difficult as they tend to use "sucker lists". If you're name isn't on the list you ain't going to get a call.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic