SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Another bank account, another question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MidlandBlue2010
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Again.

I am having a bit of luck (or so it seems) at the moment with bank accounts, but am struggling with a couple of details.

In one instance, that I referred to in my earlier thread today, I went back and asked for the IBAN and address. I got the address, but he is saying that the IBAN isn't required - I am just going to keep pushing him, so no problem there.

Now, in the second case, I have somebody who has sent me the following:

Bank Name: Chase Bank
Routing Number: 2*******1
Account Number: 9*******8
Account type: checking Account
Address of the Bank: *************************
Phone Number : 4********3
SWIFT CODE : B******N

(I have deleted the numbers, but have replaced them with the same number of asterisks)

Initially, I had not been sent the Swift Code, but I was sent one when asked, however it is a Bank of America swift code, not a Chase Bank swift code.

The lad has told me that there is no IBAN code "because it is a checking account".

Can anybody tell me if the lad is BSing me here? If he is, why would he do that?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know anything about the bank numbers, but lads always lie... My guess if they are fake is because he wanted it not to work so that he could get you back to WU, or MG. Just a guess though.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Balderdash, if he wants your money, he gives you an IBAN, hold strong Smile

Technically you could pay either with an IBAN or BIC/SWIFT and account number, but that's not nearly as fun as making him sweat a bit Smile

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Balderdash, if he wants your money, he gives you an IBAN, hold strong Smile

Technically you could pay either with an IBAN or BIC/SWIFT and account number, but that's not nearly as fun as making him sweat a bit Smile

Thanks, and don't worry, I'll hold strong! Laughing

The only thing was, that I didn't want to hold out for an IBAN if it might actually be true that checking accounts don't have them. Would rather get this one closed down and start pushing for another (I have a thing for them at the moment).

I wonder what to make of the fact that the swift code is for Bank of America, rather than Chase Bank?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just say your bank is not taking the transaction without an IBAN as the details as given are inconsistent so they need to make sure. Of course current (checking) accounts have IBAN's, how the heck else would they receive money from people overseas to be able to write cheques against? Lads lie, it's compulsive.

If he carries on like this, your character can meet him on his own intellectual level and 'send' the money using the details he gave, and it not arrive (of course), but your character had paid as instructed...

Handy rule of thumb, assume the lad is always wrong, even if something is your characters fault, blame the lad. He should walk away furious with himself that his actions prevented himstealing your money, no matter if he was technically faultless, he should blame himself (or at least you blame him enough for him to doubt...)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is one case where the scammer may be telling the truth:

Quote:
Investopedia explains International Bank Account Number - IBAN
The IBAN number consists of a two-letter country code followed by two check digits and up to thirty alphanumeric characters known as the basic bank account number (BBAN). It is up to the banking association of each country to determine what BBAN will be set as the standard for that country's bank accounts. Currently, the IBAN is primarily used only by banks in Europe, but the practice is becoming popular in other countries.

Chase is an American company, so it is possible they aren't used yet.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

The United States does not use IBAN, which is one reason why transfers to the US are sometimes prone to routing errors (if he gives you a US account, this could be a good way for a transfer to go awry). Neither do banks in Asia, Canada, or Australia.

Elsewhere in the world, BIC or SWIFT codes are used for international transfers.

u got 12 hours to send the money remember no game u fuck face

If you like you can send $1 Billion to any person. But I want to tell you that I did not get even $1 from you.

Closed lad accounts x2
theblob
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Great piece of information.

Too bad I didn't read it before I asked my lad to give me the IBAN of his US bank account... Embarassed

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the help. Good to know that the IBAN isn't needed for the US.

Now, my lad from Malaysia is also telling me that an IBAN is not needed for Malaysia. He says that "over here IBAN is the same as swift code".

I don't think he is correct that it is the same as the Swift code, but maybe again they don't use IBANs.

Of course, that would tie in with what ChoppaOfDolla says about banks in Asia.

So, I am going to send both lots of bank details off to our mutual friend, and hopefully he would get back to me if the details are incomplete.

Oh, and I'm adding on my two new piggies! Very Happy

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am just having unbelievable luck with accounts at the moment. I went back to the lad and said that my bank had complained about the swift code being for Bank of America, not Chase Bank. Then I got this response:

lad wrote:

Your Bank is Right , ****** also have an account with BOA . so it was that made the mistake OK? you can now use the BOA account as stated below

ACCOUNT NAME : *******
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 8**********3
ROUTING NUMBER: 0*******7
SWIFT CODE : B*****N
BANK ADDRESS : ****

BUT if you insist i will also send you the swift code of the other one

Well, it is either luck, or this lad is BSing me bigtime Smile

Naturally, I have asked for the other swift code (good job I hadn't sent it to our friend yet). Not sure why he didn't just send me the other swift code instead - maybe it is a counter bait Confused

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic