SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Need help with car buying scammer.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Monaroseller
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm currently selling a car in a well known internet website and got this guy a while back offering above what I wanted, sight unseen. The scammer doesn't even change his name to try to scam me the second time.

Is your Car still for Sale for $49,000?
Name Isaac
Mobile
Email [email protected]

Hi Isaac,

Yes, it’s still available. I’ll remove the ad as soon as someone places a deposit.

Please have a look at my website if you want more details. http:

I also have a breakdown of the parts we used. I’ll attach the file it so you can get an idea what’s in it.

Please feel free to email me with any queries.

Sent: Friday, 30 July 2010 4:31 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Expression of interest from user

Thanks for the swift response...I am willing to offer $49,500 for the Car now and also the Present condition of the Car and with the Pics .As I am from Darwin but due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection as phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it.,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.
As for the payment..i will be paying you via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal).
I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included.
You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a PayPal account, you can easily set up one...log on to ww.paypal.com.au and sign up. its very easy.I await your reply asap.

Hi Isaac

That's a lot of money to part with sight unseen. I’d hate for you to think you haven’t got what you paid for.

How about you send me a fully refundable deposit of say $5000 and get someone to check this car out for you. Alternately you could give the money to one of my many friends who live in Darwin.

I’ve had problems with Paypal in the past and aren’t interested in using them however I’m happy to take a bank cheque or cash deposit.

Regards

I must have scared him off.

Then, 6 weeks later, I changed some pictures of the car in question and within 20 minutes he's back. A few cosmetic changes to the email. Lazy bugger.

Is your Car still for Sale for $49,000?
Name Isaac
Mobile
Email [email protected]

Hi Isaac,

yes the Monaro is still for sale for that price.

Regards

Thanks for the swift response Scoop...I am okay with the Price at $49,000 for the Car now and I would love to be enlightened about the Present condition of the Car and I would like to see some Pics .But due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection as phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it.,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.
As for the payment..i will be paying you via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal).
I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included.
You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a PayPal account, you can easily set up one...log on to ww.paypal.com.au and sign up. its very easy.I await your reply asap.

Isaac ..

So I want to stuff this guy around. I don't have a Paypal account and sure as hell don't want to give my address. Anyone got ideas how to proceed?
theblob
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to mess with this guy, you should make sure that he doesn't have any real information on you. If this is not the case, stop contacting him right away. You can then set up a fake ad and bait him from there.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhh, yeah. Well he does. The site where my car is for sale is legit and has given him a few details on me. He also has my car's rego plates from the photos. I guess I'll just report him and leave it there. Thanks for the heads up.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey MonaroSeller

Just ignore the scammer, don't be tempted to bait them - if the bait goes well, you upset the scammer, and it's best not to be traceable. Yes, it's rare to get any comeback, but here at Eater we insist on safe baiting, we're nice like that.

If you start a fakey ad, your lad will find you soon enough, then you can have fun with him, we'll be waiting for you if you want support Smile

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
waiting for you if you want support Smile

with freshly loaded anti-scammer weapons Twisted Evil

bit like shotgun carttridges loaded with salt, but MUCH more painful Wink

----------------------------------------
AMU NNA GI = YOU BIG COCK
Am not comfortable with this western union thing any more - Kelvin Smith
...i will get you down you asshole f*cking shit - Tom Bruce the hitlad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic