SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How expensive are phone calls from Nigeria/Ghana to the US?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Snowy_owl
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone know the answer to that? For your average lad to make a phone call to someone in the United States (or United Kingdom) how much will it hurt in the wallet?

"WHAT THE YOU WANT FROM ME PLEASE TELL ME I ASK YOU FOR YOUR FIRST PAGE PASSPORT OR ANY VALID ID NOT ANY SEXING PIC"

Closed lad accounts x56 x8
Cellphone x18 Goat Golden Goat
United KingdomSpainUnited StatesGhanaThailandLebanonMalaysiaIreland x24

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[100% risky free investment ooo]</a>
419slaughter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

0.09 Euro by skype.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alas VOIP makes it cheaper and cheaper - but also VOIP means trying to talk in a noisy cybercafe on a slow internet connection! So lads will use mobile and calling cards, so without exact figures, at least we know it costs something, and the longer you keep em chatting, the better Smile

Baiters are the flies in the ointment, it is our job to make scamming seem such a viable way to profit, make it harder work, more expensive and less attractive than allowing scammers to continue unchallenged. This is why I'd rather they gave their money to the phone company than keep it. Hey if they literally burnt as a part of trying to scam people, I'd be happy.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been told calls from Ghana are quite cheap even using a network provider. Personally I have had more calls from Ghana based lads than any other country so that tends to back it up a little for me.

YOUR MOTHER TOTO DID YOU UNDERSTAND.OTU NNE GI UNDERSTAND.

YOUR MOTHER TOTO DID YOU UNDERSTAND.BYE FOR NOW.GUY. Victor Owusu.

Take care little odd friend - D@ve L3wis

FOLL PUT THIS TO YOU FUCKING BIG HEAD. V1ctor OwusV

I never knew that a man who claim to have reputation could be so rude ,nasty and very barbaric like you did. (death cert faked) Dav1d Caruso

YOU ARE A BASTARD AND THE WORST AND WORST POOREST BASTARD ON THIS EARTH PLANET. GO TO HELL AND PUBLISH THE FUCKING PUSSY OF YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR FEMALE DAUGHTERS AND YOUR OCTOPUS LONG DICK. YOU SEE WEALTH COMING ON YOUR WAY ON A PLATTER OF GOLD AND YOUR REFUSE TO GRAB IT. M1chael Pyl3

Neither am i a nadger hunter Joe OmQ
Kermit
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rick Shaw wrote:
I've been told calls from Ghana are quite cheap even using a network provider. Personally I have had more calls from Ghana based lads than any other country so that tends to back it up a little for me.

I'm based in Ghana. A USA bound call, using a mobile phone, is about $0.08/min. That's even cheaper than Skype from USA to Ghana ($0.17 p/min). There are 6 wireless providers operating in this small country of about 25 million people. Land lines are a luxury, so everybody and their grandmother owns mobile phones, WITH access to 3.5G (advertised) internet connectivity depending on which provider, even in remote areas.

I'm very sure the majority of lads don't even conduct their business at internet cafes any more. They're online, at home or on the road using iphones, nokia N9* and latest android mobile phones. Providers don't impose any form of restrictions on how one uses their phone bandwidth/connection. I'm talking about being able to tether your phone to a laptop or change providers by simply swapping your SIM card.

One good news is, the government has started a phone registration drive. All existing mobile phone users need to register their SIM cards with id/passport or risk termination of service by next year. New users are not activated until they register their SIM card.
robin meeblind
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can always increase the cost.

Go to http://www.uknumber.co.uk/

Select the country and select a 070 number (26p per min)

You can then redirect this number to another.

I am very surprised that you as a person could do all those things without knowing infact i am becoming very unpleased - 4uthur R1ch4rds
Cellphone Closed lad accounts x5
bait_my_hook
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

robin meeblind wrote:

nice tip!!

all set up for my new friends to use Laughing

----------------------------------------
AMU NNA GI = YOU BIG COCK
Am not comfortable with this western union thing any more - Kelvin Smith
...i will get you down you asshole f*cking shit - Tom Bruce the hitlad
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The use of a UK redirect also stops the lad using VOIP to contact you.

I used to have shedloads of Ghana lads call me even using this modality. Some of them would be on the phone for half an hour. Nowadays they all claim that there's some good reason why they can't get thru on my +4470 number Sad

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Kermit
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

robin meeblind wrote:

Sure, scambaiters can induce all types of tricks to make calls expensive for lads but in reality, calls from Ghana to US/UK which are targeted at real victims, are cheap.
robin meeblind
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A lot of calls from Ghana to the UK aren't for scamming purposes and the cheap calls can open up businesses in places like Ghana. Not all ghanians are scammers and the majority don't use the phone for scamming purposes.

Unfortunately the few that are calling victims would still do this, or if the price increased to high would simply request that the victim phoned them. A problem with scam baiting is that you will never stop 419 scams but if you can make a few think twice then you have help hundreds of people from being scammed.

I am very surprised that you as a person could do all those things without knowing infact i am becoming very unpleased - 4uthur R1ch4rds
Cellphone Closed lad accounts x5
Kermit
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

robin meeblind wrote:
Not all ghanians are scammers and the majority don't use the phone for scamming purposes.

The majority of online fraud out of Ghana, I'd guess-timate as high as 75%, are being perpetrated by Nigerians/Liberians living in Ghana. Walk into some of the popular internet cafes after 9PM GMT and you'd think you're in little Lagos.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic