SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Intolerant campsite owners

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a bit of a rant

I'm Welsh and when camping I like to hang out the flag of my country - here it is, look you ----> Welsh Flag Very Happy
I have done this since starting camping wayy back when I still had hair.

And there has never been a problem.
Until this year.

I booked a site for my son and mine annual hol under canvas in Cornwall (3rd yr in a row to Cornwall).
Nice smallish site (the owner kept Guinea Fowl), if a little basic (no shop) - the owner had a 30ft flag pole in the entrance to the site with a Cross of St George flying off it.
Which of course is fine - we're in England after all..Smile

However.
I hung out our little (2'x3') Welsh flag on a guy rope of our windbreak on a Tuesday evening and then went to offsite to get some milk.
My son stayed behind and when I got back he told me the owner had visited and said the flag had to come down as there had been "a complaint about it".
I ignored this as the owner had already had a pop at me about the tiny Cornish flag on my tent guyrope, stating that "Somebody could get offended by that".
Offended by the Cornish (Saint Pirans) flag? In Cornwall?!?!?
He walked away from that little altercation muttering something about the "St Johns Ambulance"!! (Similar colour scheme)

In case you don't know:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Piran%27s_Flag
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._John_Ambulance

Anyway, on the Wednesday we went off early for the day
We arrived back around 7pm to find that the flag had been unthreaded from the guy rope and thrown up against the windbreak by our bin. (It could not have blown there, wind too light, wrong direction and the windbreak would have protected it...

I asked the wife what happened and she confirmed that is was her husband as "he's very English"
You don't shoot the messenger, so I politely told her I was not happy about his actions.

On Thursday, he came and explained that his actions were based on a "Scottish family" complaining about my flag!!
Apparently this "Scottish family" asked permission to fly their flag, and when this was refused by the owner (go figure), they pointed out the fact that I was flying my flag.
Some "complaint", huh?
He started to get a bit heated (he was lying through his teeth after all!), so I made an attempt to calm things down and offered my hand (let's be decent about this, sort of thing..)
"I don't want to shake your hand" was the rather sneery response. Evil or Very Mad

So for the first time in my life, I was subjected to an intolerance that quite ruined my camping there - it was too late in the season to find another site although we did try.

There was never any complaint, that much is obvious.
Why would they ask with two flags already flying
Why would they ask anyway? It's not illegal to fly the Cross of St Andrew in England is it?
He's prepared to hide his bigotry behind a lie about a "Scottish family" thus insulting every Scot!
I can't help but wonder if he would have taken down my flag if I'd been French or German....

GRRRRRR!!

Anyway, I'm going to put up a warning about this utterly petty little man on a review site, sometime early next year - if one booking doesn't happen as a result of reading it, that'll be fine by me.

</Rant off>

Thank you for taking the time to read this...Writing it has helped enormously Very Happy

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Buy some daffodil bulbs, and plant a jolly welsh greeting across his field. That will cheer him up next spring.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

llamedos wrote:

Which of course is fine - we're in England after all..Smile

Nope. Cornwall isn't in England. Its not even in the UK (although some would argue). It was never party to the Act of the Union - hence why we have an independence party and why we hate the English (never forgiven them for 1497 or 1549)

I'm Cornish born and bred. Sounds to me like your campsite owner is an "emmet" who settled. No true Cornishman would fly the flag of St George - only the St Piran flag.

Personally, I'd have doused your flag in petrol and then paraded around the campsite with it on fire. But that's only because I'm totally anti-social.
As far as nations go, Cornwall is much closer to the Welsh than it is to the English. You only have to look at the place names and the language.
Cornwall (along with the Taffs) is one of the six Celtic nations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nN9I_7djgo

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
I'm happy to be corrected on that. Smile
(although the dousing of my flag in petrol rankles Wink )

It's hard not to notice a strong similarity between Cornish and Welsh place names etc, and I've never heard of or experienced any anti-Welsh feeling from the Cornish, and neither would I really expect to.

...and yes he was definitely non Cornish - if I had to place his accent, I'd say South-East England or maybe Sarf London.

Nice youtube link btw Smile

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have a similar problem in the United States with Confederate flags.

Smile

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ We have the opposite problem. Zurich wants to stay part of Switzerland no matter how many times we try to donate them to Germany.

(I'm wondering though, is there any part of the British empire besides London that doesn't hate England and is trying to become independent?)

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

llamedos - dioch Wink
I'm responsible for getting the Welsh flag on the site! Very Happy

Im an Englander, living it up in Wales.
On a clear day, I can see Exmoor national park Very Happy

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All I can see / hear is J26 of the M4.... Rolling Eyes

Aaaah, I noticed the Welsh Flag in your siggy.

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Love the new av Evil Sheep!!!

As for those silly English...they obviously don't watch NatGeo. Apparently, the Celts practised not only ritual sacrifice but cannibalism as well. I wouldn't mess with their decendants!

On a serious note, things are getting so silly everywhere. I like to fly the Gasden Flag lately, personally

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CowboyBuck wrote:
We have a similar problem in the United States with Confederate flags.

Smile

When will they ever learn to tolerate "freedom of expression in a culturally diverse society"?

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tha's nowt but a bunch of nesh southerners.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That campsite owner: is this the bloke?

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.cornwallinformation.co.uk/news/?p=2552

Quote:
For those who choose to parade England’s St George’s Flag on Cornish soil, or wonder why Cornish folk call it The Butcher’s Apron, the above account explains its true symbolism in Cornish eyes and why it causes so much offence.

Hopefully he'll get grief from the offended locals, and see how you feel.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@PsycheDelia - I was it was - Cleese could have done the silly walk or slapped a few Spanish waiters about for light entertainment Wink

@RoyCropper: Interesting, if a very gory history lesson.
Thanks for finding/sharing it

Quote:
Hopefully he'll get grief from the offended locals, and see how you feel.

Perhaps the locals need to find out where the site is Wink
(it's a little remote and not even on an OS map)

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

llamedos wrote:

If he's English, most locals will already think he's a shit - especially if the camp site is in the West of Cornwall. Doesn't matter how long he lives there or what he does - he will always be an outsider from "over the water".
The further East, the less people would take notice as the population has been diluted by the English.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Us Devonians were there with the Cornish in 1549, at least the tinners from my ancestral area were. Devon was absorbed into England too, against popular will. Not a lot of people know that.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
llamedos wrote:

If he's English, most locals will already think he's a shit - especially if the camp site is in the West of Cornwall. Doesn't matter how long he lives there or what he does - he will always be an outsider from "over the water".
The further East, the less people would take notice as the population has been diluted by the English.

The campsite is about 5 miles East of Penzance

Deep down in Kernow

Quote:

If he's English, most locals will already think he's a shit

That probably explains his offensive attitude towards the flag of St Piran

Last edited by llamedos on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope he doesn't come to a model railway exhibition.
I fly the German and Swiss flags, have had a layout with the confederate flag on it and one year we had every European flag up round the halls.

Poor bloke would have a nervous break down.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's my flag...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd have searched high and low for a Union Jack, Scottish, Australian and French flags, cut them into quarters and stiched 'em all together and replaced his flag with the patchwork version in the dead of night.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009

Last edited by callum on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The state I live in borders Canada, and a lot of places here have Canadian flags flying next to the US flag and have NEVER heard of anyone here getting cheesed about it. And if someone was flying their own country's (or region's) flag at a campground, I think most people would ask about it if they didn't recognize it.

(Though if you tried this in Arizona that may be a different story, won't go any further with that)

Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never flown a flag while camping, nor have I ever seen anyone else do it...
Must've something to do with being stuck on an island...

Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As someone said - this guy is probably from London or Surrey way, made a mint there sitting on his arse and moved down to Cornwall and wants to pretend he's the dogs bollocks to the locals.
Just get on your camping forum and tell everybody that he especially welcomes nudists and Druids on his site.

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Also tell them that he's a flag lover, BYOF, and dogs and pet goats are welcome at the campsite.

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Send lads there on a mass camping safari to dig for buried trunkboxes, he'll like that, or type an angry review on Trip Advisor, most people feel better after that.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic