SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Real or Fake? Expert opinion required.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Was waiting for someone to do that! Thumbs up Connie!

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Mavro
Wannabe Baiter

Location: [lō káysh'n] -s. Noun. The site or position of something.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's real. I believe the black line on top of the sign is caused by over-enthusiastic use of a 'sharpening' filter on the JPG. There's already a similar line on the top of his sleeve too (pic 1). And if you sharpen the JPG even further yourself, more of these black lines will appear (pic 2).

In short, crappy post-production by your lad (or his photographer).

Thou shalt fight fire with fire and liar with liar - Book of Mavro, 4:19

Closed lad accounts x12

Nigerain hoodlums are dybolocal - David Gerald, Nigeria<br>You are a misery in my life - John Duka, Sierra Leone<br>I WILL NOT LIKE ANY THING THAT WILL KILL MY CAREER - Barrister Drammeh Cessay (ESQ, LLB, MSc, PhD), Gambia<br>Idoilt like you whom don't have work to do you are losser - Danica Hans, Ivory Coast
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So what about the blurry left (his right one) ear? Sorry, I'm not convinced.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's a good point, I think. If there were reflector "arrays" used in the production, the lighting would be less shadowy as the goal of such umbrella like things is to even the lighting and reduce shadow. The flash appears to be coming from directly where he is facing as the light is concentrated at the center of his face. Other shadows could indicate the false nature of the picture or in retrospect poor timing and/or positioning of flash reflectors. What say the photographers to that observance?

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just out of curiosity, and for no specific reason, how many of "team fake" believe there is a military cover up of aliens at Area51, faked moon landings, etc?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I understand you're not interested. Fair deal. There's always some members that will. Why do you keep posting here, I don't understand if you don't care. We're willing to learn to distinguish fake from real pics, and how to spot it. And please take your sarcasm elsewhere.

Edited.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MBL!!! That's it that explains the body angles!! He's an alien! Of course! Laughing

btw, Area 51 can neither be confirmed or denied. Pay no attention to the men in dark sunglasses who may or may not be watching... Cool

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Mavro
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dutch wrote:
So what about the blurry left (his right one) ear?

Nothing special. The focus of the camera is on his face. Shot with a large aperture stop (small f number) the depth of field is very limited and objects further away from the focus point will become blurred. Or rather, out of focus.

Closed lad accounts x12

Nigerain hoodlums are dybolocal - David Gerald, Nigeria<br>You are a misery in my life - John Duka, Sierra Leone<br>I WILL NOT LIKE ANY THING THAT WILL KILL MY CAREER - Barrister Drammeh Cessay (ESQ, LLB, MSc, PhD), Gambia<br>Idoilt like you whom don't have work to do you are losser - Danica Hans, Ivory Coast
grimbleton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dutch wrote:
I understand you're not interested. Fair deal. There's always some members that will. Why do you keep posting here,
\

because even if i don't necessarily agree with some of the other posters on the various topics. i almost invariably find them funny. and funny transcends all.

cheers

grimbleton

ps -- (transcends all except entropy)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ That's what I said in one of my previous posts: how come his ear is blurred (out of focus) and the background isn't? (in fact it's the whole side of his head that's blurred)

anyway, it's way past bedtime over here, more tomorrow, I guess.

alexi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The blurring around the ear edge is the shadow of his ear. Like his left (as you look at the pic) side, the quality of the image is terrible and the distinction between him and his shadow in some places is lost.

Try it for yourself, take several samples with the eye dropper from the clearly visible shadows that are cast on to the curtain by the paper and his head and compare them to his clothing down the left edge, It's a fairly close match but should probably still be noticable, that is until you cover the image in jpg artifacts and the distinction between his body and the shadow is lost and it just looks like a blurry edge.
kensaitichi
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Folks,

when I posted the question about real or fake, I did not think that it would get so many replies! Many thanks for all your learned inputs. I have learnt a lot about analysis of photos from your expert comments. Idea Idea

The bait continues. Very Happy Very Happy

Meanwhile, are you aware ( or has anybody looked up in a dictionary) what he is waiting for? I'm sure has has some already! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Cheers.

Ken (aka "Vil3 Sm3gma")

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts

"Are you a Game Master" Samuel Dlovu

" I want to inform you that this deal is over between the both of us.I think you are stupid of wasting my time from the beginning.Am not a
fool.Just FUCK OFF.DONT WRITE ME AGAIN" Brown Howard

"Now i can see that you are nothing but and jocker and you are never ready to recieve your atm card dont you ever contact me again because all the MTCN NUMBERS you are giving to me are all fake. If you still do I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE POLICE FORCE." Mr. Greg Solomon

You irrelevant irritated 😣 bush pig 🐷 your Greedy and lack of sense now make u a cowed and now you Dnt seems to understand your name simply means Irritating 😠 Vagabond Of rashes. Davies Gibson
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mavro wrote:
It's real. I believe the black line on top of the sign is caused by over-enthusiastic use of a 'sharpening' filter on the JPG. There's already a similar line on the top of his sleeve too (pic 1). And if you sharpen the JPG even further yourself, more of these black lines will appear (pic 2).

In short, crappy post-production by your lad (or his photographer).

'Post production' = photoshopping.

It's hard to believe a lad will have to adjust a picture with a sharpening tool , taken in a studio with optimal circumstances.

Mavro
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dutch wrote:
taken in a studio with optimal circumstances.

Optimal? If this is the best that particular studio can do it's a waste of money.

Closed lad accounts x12

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing ^^ Exactly. The white curtain background kind of suggests it was taken in a studio. Normally (even an amateur) photographer would take a series of shots, and pick the best one, rather than applying filters afterwards.

Oh well: at least we agree on one thing: he's been tampering with the jpg with a photo editor.

sharky1969
Eager Beaver Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dutch wrote:
Laughing ^^ Exactly. The white curtain background kind of suggests it was taken in a studio. Normally (even an amateur) photographer would take a series of shots, and pick the best one, rather than applying filters afterwards.

Oh well: at least we agree on one thing: he's been tampering with the jpg with a photo editor.

Tell him you want an original picture, not a tarted up one ! Very Happy

but you naver send the money to me forget me please you are a big scam

Those bank people they are very very stupid ,they keep on sending me
form to fill

me know you are send fake MTCN to the bank that is not the not MTCN you are playing Game

Also, do note that we are a profit oriented company and to efficiently and speedily deliver your package to you, the cost of delivering ( C.O.D) your winnings has to be paid.
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What like this one

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
sharky1969
Eager Beaver Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit: no need to do a full requote, including the picture. We can see it right there ^^^^ - JF

Perfectly acceptable !!!! Go for it !!! Very Happy

but you naver send the money to me forget me please you are a big scam

Those bank people they are very very stupid ,they keep on sending me
form to fill

me know you are send fake MTCN to the bank that is not the not MTCN you are playing Game

Also, do note that we are a profit oriented company and to efficiently and speedily deliver your package to you, the cost of delivering ( C.O.D) your winnings has to be paid.
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@wowwow: It's (a well done) chop. I just happen to know, cause I took the original pic myself:

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ironically enough, Dutch, the man has a goatee!! Sorry, just had to point it out. Wink

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ That explains my immediate sympathy for the guy. Wink

OfffffTopic
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Just out of curiosity, and for no specific reason, how many of "team fake" believe there is a military cover up of aliens at Area51, faked moon landings, etc?

Dutch wrote:
I understand you're not interested. Fair deal. There's always some members that will. Why do you keep posting here, I don't understand if you don't care. We're willing to learn to distinguish fake from real pics, and how to spot it. And please take your sarcasm elsewhere.

I think the point mbl is making is that team fake are trying to find conspiracy when there probably isnt any. Its interesting to analyse the photo, but its also interesting analyse peoples responses when posed with a normal picture and asked to find flaws.

Ask yourself:
If he was photoshopping the sign, why would he mess with the ear?
Why would he 'shop one photo badly and the other quite well?
Why would he bother when setting up the photoshop for this picture would probably take more time and effort than taking the picture himself.

You say "We're willing to learn to distinguish fake from real pics, and how to spot it." but maybe the most important thing to learn is how to use common sense and accept when a picture is just a picture. Especially when you take lad laziness into consideration.

Cool

It could be fake... but I think the conspiracy theorist analogy work well here.

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ This has got nothing to do with conspiracy theories, let alone aliens and lunar landings. It's about analyzing a posted photo, purely from a technical perspective. Nothing more, nothing less. Still: I'll try to answer your questions.

OfffffTopic wrote:
If he was photoshopping the sign, why would he mess with the ear?

It's not only the ear, but that whole side of his head and body. It could be from applying a blurring tool after joining two layers.

Quote:
Why would he 'shop one photo badly and the other quite well?

As a bait progresses lads will walk the extra mile to convince an alleged victim.

Quote:
Why would he bother when setting up the photoshop for this picture .

He didn't have to set up Photoshop for this. He has sent a shopped pic before, remember?

Quote:
would probably take more time and effort than taking the picture himself

- Because he doesn't want his real pic spread over the interwebs, and wants to stay anonymous, for obvious reasons?
- Because a real photo would reveal the lad is not who he claims to be? His age, for instance?

Quote:
but maybe the most important thing to learn is how to use common sense and accept when a picture is just a picture.

If you stay around long enough you might learn something about lad logic, as sometimes there doesn't seem to be any.

Quote:
Especially when you take lad laziness into consideration.

Most lads are lazy, others will travel the half of Africa, build pyramids, get themselves tattooed, when they smell money.

If you're still not convinced some lads actually do Photoshop, I suggest you take a look in The Hall of Shame.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic